PDA

View Full Version : The New Whale

softball
10-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I was talking to a friend the other day who is in a position to know because they see the stats for a very, very large program. 5 sales a day is large production and has whale status. Anyone else here any have any similar knowledge of stats?

Toby
10-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Even the whales are splitting their traffic among more sponsors. Too much risk having too many of your eggs in the same basket.

I'm no whale, by any stretch, but year to date I've made at least one sale with more than 130 different programs and my top sponsor is only 11% of my total income.

Hell Puppy
10-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Even the whales are splitting their traffic among more sponsors. Too much risk having too many of your eggs in the same basket.

I'm no whale, by any stretch, but year to date I've made at least one sale with more than 130 different programs and my top sponsor is only 11% of my total income.

And I consider that very smart.

I'd love to spend some quality time analyzing one of the big player's databases to really see what the trends are.

Everything I know tells me the 80/20 rule (more like 90/10 in adult) is still in full effect. But, I also think joins are down across the board, no one is exempt. Interestingly though, I would be willing to bet inbound traffic is actually up for many, it's just not closing. I have my theories about what types of traffic and affiliates convert best.

But it's all just theory without data. And again, the adult industry eats its own, and there's just no real cooperation. You don't have something like Gartner to provide "industry data" that can help everyone.