PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors Giving Away Free AVN Badges?

RawAlex
07-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I can't say that I can ever remember this sort of wide spread deal, sort of an indication of something.... The Live Jasmin people sent me an email offering me a free badge (worth $350) for the AVN show. Email isn't personalized and pretty much seems to be sent to anyone who is was or might ever be an affiliate.

What the heck?

Toby
07-22-2010, 08:41 PM
They have to be getting them at a huge discount from AVN, who are probably looking to prop up attendance numbers as best they can less than a month out from the show.

Big splash for minimal cost when you think about it. The offer first popped up about three weeks out from the show dates, so most that were already planning to attend would already have badges. That leaves a limited number of people that this would appeal to, since hotel and travel are still substantial expenses.

AWE gets to make a magnanimous offer and AVN gets a few more peeps on their attendee list.

gonzo
07-23-2010, 06:28 AM
This is how it should have been from the start.
Ive attended several professional shows with a free badge from a sponsor.
I cant remember how many Comdex or InterOp shows I attended courtesy of Hayes or Novell.

When you bought a booth you were given a slew of tickets to give to your customers to attend the show for free. Yes the consumer could buy a badge but the free passes were plentiful and I know I was very thankful still to his day for those given to me by those sponsors.

I can assure you it wasnt a ploy to prop up attendance numbers either.

I know this was suggested to AVN years ago on this board.
The topic was so hot that you have no idea how close Serge Mike and myself came to pulling off a show in vegas at the same time as internext.

DannyCox
07-23-2010, 05:24 PM
When Farrell and I were doing the Amateur Roundtables at the AVN shows, they gave us a huge number of passes at greatly reduced prices to give the girls. I'm sure they did the same with many other people.

gonzo
07-24-2010, 12:59 AM
When Farrell and I were doing the Amateur Roundtables at the AVN shows, they gave us a huge number of passes at greatly reduced prices to give the girls. I'm sure they did the same with many other people.

Hands down THE BEST SEMINAR IVE EVER ATTENDED AT ANY SHOW.
And that includes the ones where I was on the panel.

EmporerEJ
07-25-2010, 06:31 AM

I gotta Second that.
FARL and Mof are the nicest guys around. Our first year at the shows as an exhibitor, they let us share a booth, at a VERY reasonable price, and basically befriended us and took us under their wing.
Some of the folks that make this industry a decent place to work.

RawAlex
07-25-2010, 10:02 AM
It is the way it should be, but not the way that AVN has been doing things very often. For the most part, badge prices continued to go up even as content went down. I can't help but wonder if this is more of a case of things slipping?

EmporerEJ
07-25-2010, 01:09 PM
It is the way it should be, but not the way that AVN has been doing things very often. For the most part, badge prices continued to go up even as content went down. I can't help but wonder if this is more of a case of things slipping?

Frankly, I'm annoyed that prices are more than a nominal amount. I understand charging $25 or something to keep the riff raff out, and pay AVN for the hall, but beyond that, it's just gouging people. Web Girls, who can least afford it, are excluded unless they are sponsored.

And I find that a bit annoying.