PDA

View Full Version : Toronto is the best city in Canada...maybe anywhere

softball
07-05-2010, 11:09 PM
to live.

I just came back to Vancouver after two weeks in T.O. Lived in the beach. Went sailing. Sat on the best freeking patios and drank my face off. Yorkville is amazing...sat on the big rock and watched girls...the sexiest girls anywhere. Ate wings by the pound. Went to a fantastic rib festival. Saw David Clayton Thomas and Glass Tiger down the street and staggered off to Ashbridges bay for Canada Day fireworks. Life doesn't get much better. Sometimes I wonder why I left.
Now, having said that, and I know a bunch of doubters are going to say what the fuck do you know, well I have lived around the world in the biggest, most cosmopolitan cities, and I have come to the conclusion that Toronto is a real hidden gem.
Fuck me, I love that city.

DannyCox
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Should have let us know you were there. Would have taken a run up the 401 for a drink with you!

softball
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Should have let us know you were there. Would have taken a run up the 401 for a drink with you!

Damn, that would have been a blast. Next time for sure. Hot enough for you today?

Buckwheat
07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Where's Loganville!!

softball
07-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Where's Loganville!!

Where is Georgia?

spazlabz
07-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I am sure Toronto is nice, but hardly the best anywhere

softball
07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I am sure Toronto is nice, but hardly the best anywhere

Drunk post.....however T.O. could qualify imho. Where would you say would be the "best" and why?

sunfunbill
07-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Having lived in Vermont and now in Florida, the trouble with any place north of say Georgia is the cold. I was raised in Vermont, and although it's pretty and all, I hate it!!!

I just can't stand the damn cold. So anyplace on the face of the earth that is in a cold climate just does not do it for me. I want to be able to walk around in shorts and a T shirt in February at midnight and feel really warm.

You just can't do that anywhere in Canada or most of the US for that matter. Culturally wise and what you can do there I agree Toronto is great. Can you ship it down here to Orlando? :yowsa:

spazlabz
07-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Drunk post.....however T.O. could qualify imho. Where would you say would be the "best" and why?
:okthumb::okthumb:
I would say that there are a lot of really nice cities out there but recently I have been kind of half assed researching Amsterdam and I have to say not only does the city look really appealing, but the country looks like a great place too

spazlabz
07-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Having lived in Vermont and now in Florida, the trouble with any place north of say Georgia is the cold. I was raised in Vermont, and although it's pretty and all, I hate it!!!

I just can't stand the damn cold. So anyplace on the face of the earth that is in a cold climate just does not do it for me. I want to be able to walk around in shorts and a T shirt in February at midnight and feel really warm.

You just can't do that anywhere in Canada or most of the US for that matter. Culturally wise and what you can do there I agree Toronto is great. Can you ship it down here to Orlando? :yowsa:
I am just the opposite, give me a cold wintery day over a blazing hot one any time. I could not wait to leave Florida and I really never want to stay there longer then a week again... and I want that week to be in the winter heh heh :whistling

softball
07-07-2010, 11:12 PM
:okthumb::okthumb:
I would say that there are a lot of really nice cities out there but recently I have been kind of half assed researching Amsterdam and I have to say not only does the city look really appealing, but the country looks like a great place too

Good call. I have been going there since the 70's. It has changed a lot. Its a bit small town provincial for my taste. I think I would get bored there really easy. But different strokes...etc.

spazlabz
07-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Good call. I have been going there since the 70's. It has changed a lot. Its a bit small town provincial for my taste. I think I would get bored there really easy. But different strokes...etc.
yeah I imagine that is part of the appeal for me, after all I am currently living in a town of less then 2000 people.... so I like the small town provincial a bit :yowsa: :okthumb:

softball
07-08-2010, 01:17 AM
yeah I imagine that is part of the appeal for me, after all I am currently living in a town of less then 2000 people.... so I like the small town provincial a bit :yowsa: :okthumb:
I get it. I have often thought about small town life, but I am just a big city kid. Vancouver is about as small as I can handle and it is just a small town with really big buildings.

Andy CHOOPA
07-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Been meaning to get out there.