PDA

View Full Version : Are mainstream backlinks good for adult sites?

sunfunbill
07-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I've been spending some time doing a lot of mainstream work. After all these damn years I've found out how to get lots of traffic and boost the ranking of websites by backlinks.

However, would mainstream backlinks do any good for adult sites? I'm not talking about direct traffic from them, which would be very small. I'm talking about the boost in ranking, since you would have many high PR backlinks.

You can backlink a mainstream website from many other high PR sites that have nothing in common with the sites subject and it will still boost it way up.

But is the same true for an adult site? Will a backlink from CNN news to your pink teens site give it a boost or not? Anyone know the answer to this? :scratchin

Toby
07-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Content relevant backlinks are good, non-relevant backlinks don't help much.

sunfunbill
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Well that's what they say about mainstream linking too, but I'm finding out it's not true. Of course, sites that match what your linking to are better I agree.

But I'm finding that just backlinking to an article on a site from totally different sites make that article get pushed high for the key word. I've seen some smart backlink guys link their ipod articles from Brittney Spears fan clubs, LOL!

Plus it would be hard to find mainstream sites that would match an adult site. At least the ones I push. So your saying mainstream links do help then huh? Ok thanks. :)

gonzo
07-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Well that's what they say about mainstream linking too, but I'm finding out it's not true. Of course, sites that match what your linking to are better I agree.

But I'm finding that just backlinking to an article on a site from totally different sites make that article get pushed high for the key word. I've seen some smart backlink guys link their ipod articles from Brittney Spears fan clubs, LOL!

Plus it would be hard to find mainstream sites that would match an adult site. At least the ones I push. So your saying mainstream links do help then huh? Ok thanks. :)
You would be surprised.

Ever wonder why I randomly post things like Kat Stacks?

Toby
07-05-2010, 12:50 AM
It all depends on what keywords you are trying to rank for...

If you're selling snow globes, then a backlink and ranking for the phrase gummy bears may lead to some additional traffic, but it's not likely to sell more snow globes. However, a backlink from the phrase decorative collectibles might give a bit better result.

I don't really think adult vs non-adult is at all significant as long as the target key phrase is at least semi-related to the content on the destination site.