PDA

View Full Version : Tube sites....lol...spit in the ocean..

softball
05-11-2010, 01:41 AM
they are not the problem. It is the full site rip forums that use rapidshare and sites like them. Tube sites? lolololol

softball
05-13-2010, 01:34 AM
and no one has an opinion on this? Damn. Not many of you actually run websites, I guess.

gonzo
05-13-2010, 03:44 AM
and no one has an opinion on this? Damn. Not many of you actually run websites, I guess.

We know the real threat is usenet and torrents.

Far-L
05-13-2010, 05:40 PM
I just checked and yes indeed the sky does appear to be falling but upon further review the apparent cause is not the torrents but actually the fact that the Penguins have failed and allowed the Habs to move forward toward the Stanley Cup.

Expect tsunamis, earthquakes, and hurricanes to follow as well.

softball
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
I just checked and yes indeed the sky does appear to be falling but upon further review the apparent cause is not the torrents but actually the fact that the Penguins have failed and allowed the Habs to move forward toward the Stanley Cup.

Expect tsunamis, earthquakes, and hurricanes to follow as well.
And on the eve of a blue moon, people in Vancouver were heard speaking French in hushed tones.

softball
05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
We know the real threat is usenet and torrents.
in my little world, the share forums are more pesky.

Toby
05-13-2010, 09:47 PM
in my little world, the share forums are more pesky.

Yup, niche stuff tends to get lost in the on the large tubes so the niche specific share forums get more action.

MikeSouth
05-13-2010, 10:25 PM
google is the biggest piracy enabler there is

do no harm indeed

EmporerEJ
05-14-2010, 09:41 AM
in my little world, ...

RawAlex
05-14-2010, 11:58 AM
This message is hidden because rhetorical is on your ignore list.

judging by the comments, I didn't miss much.

Far-L
05-14-2010, 01:37 PM
For us the trick has always been finding the way to make those problems work in our favor. Not that our decisions in that regard have always been popular... Tube or not tube, that is not the question, if it is better

softball
05-14-2010, 01:47 PM
This message is hidden because rhetorical is on your ignore list.

judging by the comments, I didn't miss much.

LOL, but you are obviously paying attention. I have seen this before. You peek all the time and can't always cover your tracks. You just can't stop looking. I have seen the same result on that other board when you slip up.

softball
05-14-2010, 01:50 PM
For us the trick has always been finding the way to make those problems work in our favor. Not that our decisions in that regard have always been popular... Tube or not tube, that is not the question, if it is better....and by opposing them, end them.

Working something to your advantage in the short term, is not always best in the long run. Supporting theft in any way is damaging. It encourages bad behaviour and causes it to grow. Then what, support the next gen of pirates? Sure, Mr. Capone, take half my profits for protection.
I suppose the other theory is to ride it out, take the money, and hope it all goes away and you eek out a little extra until that happens.
Not judging, just observing.

softball
05-14-2010, 01:51 PM

Was there a point to this? Or was it just the compiled wit and wisdom of EmpEJ? I am guessing the latter.

tony404
05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I agree the forums are the biggest problem. Usenet and torrents takes some amount of tech knowledge. Forum are easy like tubes just click and download.

softball
05-14-2010, 08:38 PM
I agree the forums are the biggest problem. Usenet and torrents takes some amount of tech knowledge. Forum are easy like tubes just click and download.
bingo