PDA

View Full Version : DHD media billing

softball
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
anyone know about them or have any info?

Toby
02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
They were originally created as the billing division of Danni's Hard Drive, hence the DHD, but long ago split off as a separate entity.

Their affiliate backend sucks, but they pay on time. I've been getting a check from them every two weeks since December 2004.

softball
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
They were originally created as the billing division of Danni's Hard Drive, hence the DHD, but long ago split off as a separate entity.

Their affiliate backend sucks, but they pay on time. I've been getting a check from them every two weeks since December 2004.
so, if I was to use them on a new site, it wouldn't scare you or the average affiliate? They have some tools that might make my new vod site more appealing but I have never used them.

Toby
02-01-2010, 01:30 PM
That depends on the affiliate and how much weight they put on having detailed stats.

To be honest, I'd be reluctant to promote a new site using DHD as the affiliate backend.

2muchmark2
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I've never worked with them but have heard good things.

gonzo
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
so, if I was to use them on a new site, it wouldn't scare you or the average affiliate? They have some tools that might make my new vod site more appealing but I have never used them.

Very good things indeed.
Solid payout and I think you might find a looser scrub rate than what CCBill has to offer.

I know corporate also uses Iprocessing now pretty exclusive so I know they have the flexibility for VOD tools as well.

softball
02-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys.

DannyCox
02-02-2010, 10:02 AM
We used to work with DHD quite a bit back in the day, but after Leah (Danni) sold the company, we just fell away from them. They did try to get us into their billing system but back them their rates were just too high. I'm not at all sure what they are charging now.