PDA

View Full Version : Dem Cakes

miz_wright
01-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Did my ATL crew see the joint on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives?

gonzo
01-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Did my ATL crew see the joint on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives?
THey have an alter for Guy Fiero in th resturant now but I havent seen the TV spot.

miz_wright
01-19-2010, 08:51 AM
THey have an alter for Guy Fiero in th resturant now but I havent seen the TV spot.

Was watching... somewhere... the other day, and as soon as they showed the case, I was like "Marietta Diner, bitches!"

I couldn't even hear the sound *cracking up*

gonzo
01-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Was watching... somewhere... the other day, and as soon as they showed the case, I was like "Marietta Diner, bitches!"

I couldn't even hear the sound *cracking up*
They have a fish market - a steak house and a italian place.

Fish market is above what youd get at Red Lobster and the steak house isnt good for steaks but we havent tried the italian place as of yet.

Hell Puppy
01-22-2010, 02:38 AM
Haven't seen the spot either, but it's easy to tell when it's recently been on.... You cant get in the joint and we end up eating at IHOP. hehe

The Fish Market seems to be killing it too, always huge crowd and they are continuing to sink more money into the decor, etc. They revamped what used to be a Western Sizzlin or similar, though by now you'd never know it....lots of neon and a lighthouse on top.

You're not going to find sea bass or sushi in there, but if you're looking for the type of fish house one might find as a whole in the wall on the gulf coast, this aint bad for something so far inland.

The steakhouse is excellent....for everything but steak, at least the one time I've tried it. Might've been an off night, but the quality of the meat was the problem, so that's generally not just a one night issue.

Need to try their italian joint sometime.

And our man andrew has upgraded a bit...he's moved to slightly nicer steakhouse.

tony404
01-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Haven't seen the spot either, but it's easy to tell when it's recently been on.... You cant get in the joint and we end up eating at IHOP. hehe

The Fish Market seems to be killing it too, always huge crowd and they are continuing to sink more money into the decor, etc. They revamped what used to be a Western Sizzlin or similar, though by now you'd never know it....lots of neon and a lighthouse on top.

You're not going to find sea bass or sushi in there, but if you're looking for the type of fish house one might find as a whole in the wall on the gulf coast, this aint bad for something so far inland.

The steakhouse is excellent....for everything but steak, at least the one time I've tried it. Might've been an off night, but the quality of the meat was the problem, so that's generally not just a one night issue.

Need to try their italian joint sometime.

And our man andrew has upgraded a bit...he's moved to slightly nicer steakhouse.

They do the diner great but I have found the others are weak for some reason. Ive had steak at the diner it was very good but at their steak house it blows. The seafood place was ok but it does very well for him, I think a big reason is there is nothing really in that area. Ive never been to pasta bella but I hear its very good. Gus is a good guy and I give him credit he has the magic touch for restaurants in that type of market.

bluemoney
01-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Prolly still won't serve me no burger.

bbobby
01-22-2010, 05:45 PM
on drive ins...

Hell Puppy
01-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Prolly still won't serve me no burger.

If he does, ask for two sets of silverware so you can share it with you date. He loves that.