DragonKing
01-15-2010, 12:14 AM
I really miss this guy. He was one of the good ones for sure

Evil Chris
01-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Gee it's been a year already.

bluemoney
01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I didn't know the guy but that was a nice eulogy.

kath
01-17-2010, 01:22 PM
I'll admit I've kind of stayed away from Oprano since I read the post awhile back talking about the coffee table book that Electra is putting together about Dravyk. I was absolutely FLOORED to hear that he'd passed and I had a hard time coming back, knowing I'd have to collect my thoughts enough to say something. This is what happens when we get busy doing other things, lose track of time and don't get to the boards to find out how our friends are doing. I hate that I was so out of touch that I didn't even know he was gone.

Dravyk was a good friend. He gave me some great advice early on when I was new to the biz and new to industry writing that changed my life forever. I don't think he liked me back then, but he was a HUGE influence in my life and I respected him immensely. Later, we shared negative experiences with certain "personalities" in this business that helped us to bond and become friends. Thanks to Bestat we became even closer, started hanging out at industry events and even talked about working together on a few projects.

He was too young. He had so much more to do. For those who didn't know him, didn't have the privilege of hearing him talk about the industry - the history, his predictions for the future and his uncanny, no bullshit understanding of how it all worked - you really missed out.

This video was awesome. It really showed a lot of his personality and how much he was loved. Thank you for posting it. I won't be able to stop crying today, but I am happy to have seen it and remembered a dear friend who was lost before his time.

I will remember to stay in touch and not allow time to slip away. I have so many dear friends in the industry that I haven't seen or talked to in a long time because I've been so busy working. I don't want to be left saying, "I wish I would have..." ever again.

I'll miss you Dravyk. It isn't the same without you.

Electra
01-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I haven't been able to trust myself to comment. I have only tears.

kath
01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
I haven't been able to trust myself to comment. I have only tears.

Been thinking about you a lot since I heard the news Electra - I can't even fathom how difficult this must be for you.