PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mallick would be proud

gonzo
01-05-2010, 12:25 AM
BeautifulPeople.com axes holiday weight gain members

Dating and social network site BeautifulPeople.com has axed some 5,000 members following complaints that they had gained weight.
The members were singled out after posting pictures of themselves that reportedly showed they had put on pounds over the holiday period.
The site allows entry to new members only if existing members vote them as sufficiently attractive to warrant it.
The US, the UK, and Canada topped the list of excluded members.
The site has always been unrepentant about its selection process, calling itself "the largest network of attractive people in the world".
The move was reportedly prompted by members themselves, who police the membership of the site to maintain a high - if highly subjective - standard of attractiveness.
"As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld," said site founder Robert Hintze.
"Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

softball
01-05-2010, 01:09 AM
I used to go to a swingers club like that in Montreal. The curious thing is, they let me in, God knows why. Fuck me was it fun.

DannyCox
01-05-2010, 01:11 AM
The thing they neglected to mention was almost everyone who was "axed" were just free members. I don't think they tossed a single paying member. It worked, it's been all over the news with their URL being plugged everywhere!

softball
01-05-2010, 04:56 AM
The thing they neglected to mention was almost everyone who was "axed" were just free members. I don't think they tossed a single paying member. It worked, it's been all over the news with their URL being plugged everywhere!
Nah, this was real. There were no free members. They were down on Rue St-dominque maybe near Boul St. laurent downtown. It was a little back alley and run by a Parisian Frenchman named Paul. Its been awhile. It was called L'Orage and they got busted. You had to have a code to leave the club, go through a door, to the play rooms upstairs. Their lawyer wound up buying it and moving it to a bank.
But that's how it started. It was the best swingers club I have ever been to.

DannyCox
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I know L'Orage well as Carol and I were Lifetime members there. ;)

The owner was Jean-Paul Labaye (JeePee) who partnered, then sold out to Jean Hamel, the lawyer. JeePee then started up Le Chateau while Hamel started l'Association des Échangistes du Québec. My town, my scene, I know all the dirt ;)

But I was referring to Gonzo's post...

gonzo
01-05-2010, 04:48 PM

The owner was Jean-Paul Labaye (JeePee) who partnered, then sold out to Jean Hamel, the lawyer. JeePee then started up Le Chateau while Hamel started l'Association des Échangistes du Québec. My town, my scene, I know all the dirt ;)

Danny can smell an angle miles away!

softball
01-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Ah my bad.
I thought JP was went back to France after he lost the court case. Does Jean still have that bank going on?
I miss coming to Montreal. Great town. Great Sushi.....lol.

DannyCox
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
No, L'Orage shut down a couple of years ago. The new on-premises places and mixed saunas that popped up hurt the business too much. Even JeePee had to shut down Le Chateau a couple of months back.

softball
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
No, L'Orage shut down a couple of years ago. The new on-premises places and mixed saunas that popped up hurt the business too much. Even JeePee had to shut down Le Chateau a couple of months back.
Too bad. That was a great place....