PDA

View Full Version : False positives with Avast!

sunfunbill
01-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Happy new year everyone! Have you all heard about the false positives Avast! has been doing on lots of sites? There are many forum discussions about it.

The owner even admitted they had a screw up, but says it's fixed now. Yet when I download Avast! I still get a trojan warning on all my sites. My AVG, microsoft security and a friends norton shows nothing.

Can't be good for sales when people think your trying to download virus on their PC. Last week sales was awful, and this must be at least partly to blame. Anyone else having this?
:mad:

TheEnforcer
01-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Hmm I had noticed a few more warnings than usual lately.. still love Avast though..

RawAlex
01-02-2010, 02:48 PM
If nothing else, take the time to try to figure out what is setting it off, what is common on the websites, and perhaps modify it slightly so you don't get the warnings. That would put you ahead of other sites that might alert.

sunfunbill
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
If nothing else, take the time to try to figure out what is setting it off, what is common on the websites, and perhaps modify it slightly so you don't get the warnings. That would put you ahead of other sites that might alert.

Well that's the problem. I can go onto my site and get no alert. Then I refresh the page and it says my footer file and a image in my sidebar is a trojan.

Then I refresh again and it now says my header and a plugin has it! It changes every damn time to something else. That alone means it's false I assume.

But it also means there is no way to see what is really setting it off. I'll just have to wait and hope they fix their program soon. :mad: