PDA

View Full Version : OpenX will drive me mental!

RawAlex
12-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Fuck, what a frustrating system they have set up. The hard things are simple, and the simple things are as fucking hard as it comes.

Simple question: How do I select a banner based on keywords, without having to set up a channel for each keyword?

My best example is a TGP site with content sorted by category. I want to take that category name, and use it as a keyword tag to pull a banner. The keyword changes on each page, but as the pages are done in PHP, those tags are a variable, thus I can create a keywords: $category for each page and not have to go through the process of setting up individual zones per page (a royally fucking stupid idea!).

So, can anyone show me how the fuck I am suppose to do this, before I trash it and go back to my own system?

Cleo
12-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I created one zone for everything and then I'm using Delivery Limitations to control what pages each banner appears on.

Like on this banner
http://terrizamore.com/b/openx-dl.png

RawAlex
12-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Holy crap, that seems like a lot of work!

Cleo
12-18-2009, 05:31 PM
What, you thought this was going to be easy?

It took me about two days top populate OpenX with at least one banner for each page in my little empire.

Now I just pick a banner that is already setup how I want a new banner to be and duplicate it and then just out its html.

RawAlex
12-18-2009, 05:35 PM
SO you are using nothing but direct selection?

Cleo
12-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Same code on all my pages and I control what pages a banner is going to show on as I add in the banner.