View Full Version : Think your information is safe on Yahoo?

gonzo
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Looks like the govt can get anything on your yahoo account they want.

"Yahoo charges the government about $30 to $40 for the contents and e-mail of a subscriber’s account. Yahoo charges $40 to $80 for group contents."

http://digg.com/d31C2QY

RawAlex
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM
The tin foil hat brigade is hard at work again.

Evil Chris
12-07-2009, 04:29 PM
The tin foil hat brigade is hard at work again.I thought you were the president! :yowsa:

Hell Puppy
12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
DOS Tip: with the right subpoena the government can get anything they want about you from any information service or service provider. Everyone seems to have their panties in a bunch less because of privacy than the fact that some of these companies make lots of money based on the sheer volume of requests.

think about it though, it takes a certain amount of manpower to run the queries, grab the reports, and liason with the lawyers through the entire process. And you know every request is lawyer reviewed. If you have any significant amount of this type of data if you didn't charge the government could quite literally cripple you with the volume of requests.

Not giving up information when asked lands you in jail...ask Larry Flynt, among others.

AdorableAudrey
12-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I always cringe when someone sends something wacky to my yahoo, as a camgirl I have received LOTS wild messages and emails dealing with all kinds of crazy fantasies and lifestyles and when I tell people Uncle Sam could be looking they think I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist. Maybe I am! I don't give it that much worry, but if someone IMs me a lot about drugs or requesting content that's illegal to shoot in the US I will give them a nudge to watch what they type, I've always been that way, product of hippie parents I guess, I'm sure they are out to get us!!