PDA

View Full Version : Learn A Lesson About FREE From Amazon

gonzo
12-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Adult used to innovate in ecommerce now we are too busy trying to figure how to scam. Heed now the lessons from mainstream as a company gives something totally away for free... no credit card... no email address ... no get rich quick scam - Just free.

Maybe in instead crying about content theft this industry gets to building on the one thing it never really did will with consumers...

BUILD TRUST.

So heres it is ... a freebie courtesy of Amazon. [FYI I am a stockholder in case the FTC is wondering]

http://www.oprano.info/?p=56

tony404
12-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Adult used to innovate in ecommerce now we are too busy trying to figure how to scam. Heed now the lessons from mainstream as a company gives something totally away for free... no credit card... no email address ... no get rich quick scam - Just free.

Maybe in instead crying about content theft this industry gets to building on the one thing it never really did will with consumers...

BUILD TRUST.

So heres it is ... a freebie courtesy of Amazon. [FYI I am a stockholder in case the FTC is wondering]

http://www.oprano.info/?p=56

they are giving away the barrel scrappings lol

housekeeper
12-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Amazon is on my shit-list presently, I bought some software on Nov. 11, at least I thought I did. My card was charged, then mysteriously and quickly un-charged. No word from Amazon on any change, wrote the seller three times with no reply. Sent along a slightly disgruntled letter to Amazon and the response was kinda "gee, sorry you didn't hear from the seller"

Needless to say I have no illusions I will be receiving my software tomorrow (Dec. 4), which was the target date I was given. Consumers are treated like shit these days, no one wants to be accountable anymore...

EmporerEJ
12-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Needless to say I have no illusions I will be receiving my software tomorrow (Dec. 4), which was the target date I was given. Consumers are treated like shit these days, no one wants to be accountable anymore...

Hey, it's not MY fault man.....
:whistling

gonzo
12-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Amazon is on my shit-list presently, I bought some software on Nov. 11, at least I thought I did. My card was charged, then mysteriously and quickly un-charged. No word from Amazon on any change, wrote the seller three times with no reply. Sent along a slightly disgruntled letter to Amazon and the response was kinda "gee, sorry you didn't hear from the seller"

Wow that sounds more like Ebay.
Ive had an amazon account since they first came online. Its the very first place I bought anything online as well.

My experiences with them have been nothing short of steller.
I would have talked to a supervisor.

TheEnforcer
12-04-2009, 12:41 PM
they are giving away the barrel scrappings lol

So what? PERCEIVED value is what matters. If people view that as good value to them then it works.

What kind of reputation do you think most adult programs have in comparison to Amazon? Who do you think they trust more wit their info?

TheEnforcer
12-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow that sounds more like Ebay.
Ive had an amazon account since they first came online. Its the very first place I bought anything online as well.

My experiences with them have been nothing short of steller.
I would have talked to a supervisor.

Me too. Have never had a problem with them. I think they are a great company.

miz_wright
12-09-2009, 08:26 AM

Sounds like it was a Marketplace purchase, which is third-party. There's no way Amazon can be accountable for all of its Marketplace sellers.