PDA

View Full Version : Ice No Longer With GFY

gonzo
11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
...as the playboy story continues to unfold....

LAJ
11-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Whoa... you need to introduce me to your little birdy...

Cleo
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Intersting...

Notime
11-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Wow, that IS news...indeed

DannyCox
11-11-2009, 04:45 PM
And if I ever hung out on GFY, I would probably even know who that was! ;)

tony404
11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
if its so, its sad. He is a good guy and worked his ass off for them.

gonzo
11-11-2009, 06:24 PM
And if I ever hung out on GFY, I would probably even know who that was! ;)
I dont hang out on there.
I dont have to check about ads running properly anymore.

JFK
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Intersting...

indeed it is :okthumb:

sarettah
11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Database error
The GFY Webmaster Board database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.gofuckyourself.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.gofuckyourself.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Wonder if he hit the switch on the way out the door.

gonzo
11-11-2009, 08:17 PM
XSnj8X1zAZI

gonzo
11-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Playboy Reportedly in Talks to Sell Itself to Iconix

http://www.xbiz.com/images/font_minus_on.gif CHICAGO — News that Playboy Enterprises is in talks to sell itself has speculators jumping at the stock, which rose 33 percent in trading Thursday. Bloomberg News reported Thursday that Playboy was in talks to sell itself to the Iconix Brand Group. The report cited two unidentified people close to the situation.
Iconix, the owner of the Candie’s, Mossimo, Danskin and London Fog brands, has looked at Playboy’s finances, said one of those people, who declined to be identified because the talks are not public, Bloomberg said.
The discussions may not lead to a transaction, this unnamed person said.

Earlier this year, XBIZ reported that a number of companies — Virgin Media, Apollo Capital Partners and Providence Equity Partners — heard Playboy's sales pitch.
According to Bloomberg, CEO Neil Cole said in October the company has $200 million to $300 million available for acquisitions. The company bought a controlling stake in Ecko brands this month and made an unsuccessful bid for outdoor-clothing chain Eddie Bauer Holdings Inc. earlier this year.
Cole founded the New York-based company in 1992. Revenue has more than doubled in the past two years, from $80.7 million in 2006 to $216.8 million last year.
Before Thursday’s news broke, Playboy’s market value had dropped to about $100 million after the stock fell 76 percent in five years and circulation at its flagship magazine declined.
Playboy’s management has been looking for a buyer since Scott Flanders was appointed as CEO in June, replacing Christie Hefner, one person close to the situation told Bloomberg.
Playboy in a statement Thursday afternoon said that, "in response to inquiries related to a potential sale of the company, in keeping with its policy, it does not comment on matters of this type."
At post time, Playboy shares were trading $3.65 on the New York Stock Exchange.

http://www.xbiz.com/news/114716

Hell Puppy
11-13-2009, 02:09 AM
If that deal goes thru you know they're in trouble. Because these guys are apparently only willing to pay for the merchandising rights to the brand...i.e. the part of the business that is pure profit and doing well.

Sounds like they would only touch the rest if it were thrown in for free or divested to a third party. Neither of those options bode well of the magazine, video or online business.

And if you think you cant merchandise the brand without the magazine, think again. Think about the number of brands used on clothes, t-shirts, etc that haven't been actively produced in years.... Betty Boop, Looney Tunes, Elvis, etc.

gonzo
11-13-2009, 04:17 PM
CHICAGO, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Playboy Enterprises, Inc. (PEI) (NYSE: PLA, PLAA) today said that, in response to inquiries related to a potential sale of the company, in keeping with its policy, PEI does not comment on matters of this type.

RawAlex
11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Even perez hilton can smell smouldering bunny shit.

http://perezhilton.com/2009-11-13-on-the-market-3