PDA

View Full Version : Site security

softball
11-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I have been with Phantom Frog since Bill started up a few years ago, but I was wondering what you guys use. Has anything better come along that is geo targeted like Frog?

Cleo
11-06-2009, 08:25 PM
We use StrongBox (http://bettercgi.com/strongbox/?saref=5sa38) and are very happy with it.

Toby
11-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I've not heard of anything else that can come close to the two already mentioned.

softball
11-06-2009, 09:31 PM
I've not heard of anything else that can come close to the two already mentioned.
The difference is the price. Strongbox is about 600 bucks.....and that's it. Phantom Frog is 12 hundred bucks a year. That's a lot of Krispy Kremes.

Cleo
11-07-2009, 06:52 AM
The difference is the price. Strongbox is about 600 bucks.....and that's it.
You must have a lot of sites. Strongbox is only $150 for the first site.

raymor
11-09-2009, 10:15 AM
For more information about Strongbox or security in general, call or email Ali or I.
979-530-1300 or info-oprano@bettercgi.com

gmr324
11-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Frog is the only system to offer 24/7 Automated Member Support (AMS). It comes as standard equipment out of the box. It clearly saves labor costs in doing damage control & password management for blocked out members and reduces charge-backs. In every parallel test that we've conducted, no other system has outperformed Frog's Hi-Res Geo-IP feature in detecting password abuse.

softball
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Frog is the only system to offer 24/7 Automated Member Support (AMS). It comes as standard equipment out of the box. It clearly saves labor costs in doing damage control & password management for blocked out members and reduces charge-backs. In every parallel test that we've conducted, no other system has outperformed Frog's Hi-Res Geo-IP feature in detecting password abuse.
Phantom Frog does work well and so apparently does Strong box. It is just a matter of expense. Like I said, 1200 bucks a year compared to a one off 600. No disrespect to the frog, but profits are down and like everyone else, the more that can be saved, the more goes in the bank. Prudence is the new extravagance.

softball
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Here is a Frog related problem that is causing chargebacks. If there is perceived password abuse on a bonus site that comes with membership to a main site, the password is blocked. But Frog does not write the email address associated to that bonus site, just the password. So, the customer is unable to receive an email with a new password. All of a sudden, he is locked out of all sites. Some of these guys write and we correct the problem, but some charge back. And that sucks.
We contacted Frog about this last year and nothing has been done.

raymor
11-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Here is a Frog related problem that is causing chargebacks. If there is perceived password abuse on a bonus site that comes with membership to a main site, the password is blocked. But Frog does not write the email address associated to that bonus site, just the password. So, the customer is unable to receive an email with a new password. All of a sudden, he is locked out of all sites. Some of these guys write and we correct the problem, but some charge back. And that sucks.
We contacted Frog about this last year and nothing has been done.

From our phone conversation, you know our simple solution to that problem.

housekeeper
11-10-2009, 03:35 PM
strongbox rocks!

softball
11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I had a chat with the folks at Frog and it seems that they are working on the email issue. I will let you know.