PDA

View Full Version : Who's going where next year?

softball
10-27-2009, 12:33 PM
This year I have decided to actually plan my travels for 2010. So far, we are getting out of Dodge for the Olympics and will be in California in February/March.
August/September, Scottish Highlands, London, South of France.

Anyone else planning ahead or want to hook up in California?

Toby
10-27-2009, 01:00 PM
The only definite travel plans on my 2010 calendar at this point is San Francisco again for Cybernet Expo.

There have been some rumblings about a possible gathering in Vegas some time after Internext in January. If it comes to pass I'll probably attend that as well.

Being single, travel to see the sights just isn't as appealing.

softball
10-27-2009, 01:15 PM
The only definite travel plans on my 2010 calendar at this point is San Francisco again for Cybernet Expo.

There have been some rumblings about a possible gathering in Vegas some time after Internext in January. If it comes to pass I'll probably attend that as well.

Being single, travel to see the sights just isn't as appealing.
We went to Viet Nam and Cambodia a couple of years ago with this company...
http://www.gapadventures.com/trips/top-20-adventures/

And it was lots of fun. Mostly it was single people out for fun. You might look into it. You always have someone to hang out with. Its not like the old folks bus tours at all. BTW, lots of girls.

Evil Chris
10-27-2009, 02:55 PM
I am hoping to get away for a week to St-Lucia again this winter sometime, but it's looking less likely. It's been a tough year in this household.

I'll be travelling a lot more with this new job though.

TheEnforcer
10-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I have done very little traveling of late. Probably won't in the near future either. I also generally just kind of go on trips as a last minute type of thing. Usually no more than 30 days or so advance planning if that.

miz_wright
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
We usually go to Bonnaroo (http://www.bonnaroo.com/) every summer, and I am planning to shoot for Burning Man next year. Other than that, it's usually road trips and long weekends for personal travel.

Hell Puppy
10-27-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm due a Vegas run, beyond that, next year is up in the air.

Maybe Tampa for a Berns run.

And I usually work in at least one trip to the Seattle area per year.

If I do a show, Cybernet Expo with Jay and crew generally 'get it' more than anyone else. So they have an edge there....I just hate that long plane ride to San Fran.

If a show with a clue appears on east coast or somewhere middle-ish of the country, I might do that. Might hit a couple of "mainstream" shows, ROI seems better right now.

RawAlex
10-27-2009, 11:20 PM
I have another trip to hong kong and china on the list, maybe a detour to thailand to spend some quality beach time. Sort of depends on time, got some stuff on the run right now.

softball
10-28-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm due a Vegas run, beyond that, next year is up in the air.

Maybe Tampa for a Berns run.

And I usually work in at least one trip to the Seattle area per year.

If I do a show, Cybernet Expo with Jay and crew generally 'get it' more than anyone else. So they have an edge there....I just hate that long plane ride to San Fran.

If a show with a clue appears on east coast or somewhere middle-ish of the country, I might do that. Might hit a couple of "mainstream" shows, ROI seems better right now.

Let me know when you are in Seattle. Its a short drive for me.

Nymph
10-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Nothing real fancy for me, maybe a trip to Florida, and Alabama, and possibly to Europe someplace.

DannyCox
10-28-2009, 10:49 AM
With my mother's recent passing, and my father moving in with us, I doubt we'll be travelling anywhere soon. The way things are going, it'll be a few years before we can get away again.

Evil Chris
10-28-2009, 10:57 AM
With my mother's recent passing, and my father moving in with us, I doubt we'll be travelling anywhere soon. The way things are going, it'll be a few years before we can get away again.My condolences Dan.

LAJ
10-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Hmmm... workwise it'll be Vegas in January, Miami in May, San Fran in July, Hollywood FL in Aug, Vegas again in Aug... personal-wise I'm looking at NYC possibly.

Really hoping to see as many of you as possible at Cybernet next year.

miz_wright
10-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Hmmm... workwise it'll be Vegas in January, Miami in May, San Fran in July, Hollywood FL in Aug, Vegas again in Aug... personal-wise I'm looking at NYC possibly.

Really hoping to see as many of you as possible at Cybernet next year.

I have NO idea what my work schedule looks like.

Is that for Exxxotica in May? And you're moving CyberNet to July?

Presumably, Vegas, LA, Phoenix, Vegas, San Francisco, and Hollywood. But who knows what shows will even still be up and running?

Hell Puppy
10-29-2009, 02:42 AM

Presumably, Vegas, LA, Phoenix, Vegas, San Francisco, and Hollywood. But who knows what shows will even still be up and running?

Exactly.

I'm not really planning on any adult shows this year. If a good one shapes up, I'll make that call at near the last minute.

My hunch is you're right and there aren't going to be near as many, or if there are they are going to take on a distinctly regional flavor.

Hell Puppy
10-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Let me know when you are in Seattle. Its a short drive for me.

Will do, or I might even shoot up to Vancouver.

Which reminds me, I need to renew my passport...

LAJ
10-29-2009, 04:40 PM

Yup on Exxxotica... and we are thinking about it for July :)

Hell Puppy
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Yup on Exxxotica... and we are thinking about it for July :)

one positive for san francisco, you can do it in july or august and it still wont be unbearably hot....in fact, smart money brings a jacket for evenings.

Toby
10-30-2009, 08:41 PM
...in fact, smart money brings a jacket for evenings.

yup, the coldest winter I've ever experienced was a July evening at Candlestick Park.

softball
10-31-2009, 12:03 AM
yup, the coldest winter I've ever experienced was a July evening at Candlestick Park.
Hahahahahahahahahaha...........in the words of a great Canadian band....."you ain't seen nothin' yet"

Toby
10-31-2009, 12:09 AM
BTO Rocks!

lJmBPCYt5LY

LAJ
10-31-2009, 12:27 PM
YUP... BTO indeed rocks!

Hell Puppy
10-31-2009, 07:47 PM
BTO Rocks!

lJmBPCYt5LY

Like many classic rock songs from that era, it has been ruined. Now everytime I hear it, I think about Office Depot.

softball
11-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Here's some real Canadiana for ya....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs4qn_bHQQ0

gonzo
11-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Here's some real Canadiana for ya....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs4qn_bHQQ0
How did Lawrence Conner get to play with Rush?

softball
11-01-2009, 02:50 AM
How did Lawrence Conner get to play with Rush?
http://www.trailerparkboys.com/site_clip_detail.php?clip=12&season=6

gonzo
11-01-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.trailerparkboys.com/site_clip_detail.php?clip=12&season=6
That pussy didnt have a strap on.

softball
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
That pussy didnt have a strap on.
Thought you might like a taste of Nova Scotia culture and maybe rethink your travel plans....:whistling