PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Tired of GFY Webmasters

gonzo
10-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Social media is starting to fight back.
All your favorite Zoo self proclaimed players and millionaires just got their balls squeezed for spamming the classified ads with the more half assed marketing techniques.

They are tired of chumps using Craigslist as a linkdump and added this to warning to the site today.

SCAM ALERT - scammers posing as potential romantic partners are directing users to age and identity verification sites in hopes of earning affiliate marketing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketing) commissions.
FUN FACT: Reporting the scammers "affiliate ID" to the affiliate marketing program often results in confiscation of the scammer's ill-gotten gains by the program.

The fun fact is the best. Do your good deed for the day and report the chumps to their respective programs. Im sure they are eager to swallow the commission and revoke the account.

So sad ... there goes some more of that coveted GFY street cred.

gonzo
10-14-2009, 07:47 AM
Ive also made a nice blog to help out consumers with problems.
I saw that AFF / Penthouse hopes to clean up details and finish the IPO by the end of the year.

http://oprano.com/blog/?p=63

Im sure Lars will appreciate the help.

SteveHardeman
10-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Positive step for the industry albeit a small one.

gonzo
10-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Positive step for the industry albeit a small one.
I took 2 more.
Its been tweeted and linked in from Facebook.

tony404
10-14-2009, 10:20 AM
write one about twitter, at least once a day someone wants to follow me thats just a link to a dating site.

RawAlex
10-14-2009, 10:58 AM
write one about twitter, at least once a day someone wants to follow me thats just a link to a dating site.

Let me guess, one of Lars' minions at work?

sarettah
10-14-2009, 11:06 PM

That's me. I'm hot for you Tony. But my pimp daddy says no pay no play :(

So, come on and sign up. You and me can have lot's of fun :okthumb:

:yowsa:

tony404
10-14-2009, 11:28 PM
lol you guys are a trip. They havent been for aff its been xxxblackbook.

sarettah
10-14-2009, 11:39 PM
lol you guys are a trip. They havent been for aff its been xxxblackbook.

Oh cmon man. Suckee fuckee only 20-40 :okthumb:

Good deal joe.