PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations?

Electra
10-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm thinking of buying a netbook..they are under three hundred dollars now.....I read the Acer is ok but the screen is crap and breaks very easily due to a hinge problem....anyone have any thoughts on what I should get?

sarettah
10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm thinking of buying a netbook..they are under three hundred dollars now.....I read the Acer is ok but the screen is crap and breaks very easily due to a hinge problem....anyone have any thoughts on what I should get?

I'm using a dell with the 10 inch screen (I think its that big) and the 160gig HD. Love it :okthumb: Dont know what the model number is off hand and cant find it on the computer.

It is fast becoming my main box, even for development stuff.

synapse
10-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm hanging out for the Apple Tablet :-D

sarettah
10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm hanging out for the Apple Tablet :-D

Tell me about anywebcam please.

DannyCox
10-10-2009, 03:03 PM
I ordered a Dell 10" netbook. Should be here this coming week. I wanted something small and light that i could keep with me, and use when I'm sitting in front of the television and want to check a fact ;)

Toby
10-10-2009, 04:37 PM
I ordered a Dell 10" netbook. Should be here this coming week.

I'm also looking at that one, among others. Probably will buy next Spring, unless I find a great deal before then. I want something smaller that travels easier than the 17" HP boat anchor that's almost 5 years old.

Once you've been using it for a time I'd be interested in a quick review.

Electra
10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Guess I'll get a Dell then. I've had two Acer laptops..not too bad but they are really heavy...a netbook would be perfect for me.

Steve-ATCI
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Good luck with the Dell. I have an old Toshiba and its heavier than a car battery. LOL

Electra
10-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Good luck with the Dell. I have an old Toshiba and its heavier than a car battery. LOL

I can beat that...the "carrying case" for my Acer is heavier than a car battery lol.

DannyCox
10-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Got my Dell 10" Netbook today! Took 4 hours to ge everything updated and install the basics, but the thing is perfect! It's nice and light and small, but not too small. It is exactly what I was looking for in a laptop to carry around (and keep by my couch when watching TV).

softball
10-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Got my Dell 10" Netbook today! Took 4 hours to ge everything updated and install the basics, but the thing is perfect! It's nice and light and small, but not too small. It is exactly what I was looking for in a laptop to carry around (and keep by my couch when watching TV).
You need professional help if you keep your laptop beside you when you are watching tv, Danny.:whistling

Hell Puppy
10-15-2009, 11:35 PM
You need professional help if you keep your laptop beside you when you are watching tv, Danny.:whistling

sheepishly looks at ground....

sarettah
10-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Yeah, that is lame, keeping your netbook alongside you while watching TV..

Everyone knows it belongs on the coffee table in front of you :okthumb:

DannyCox
10-16-2009, 12:51 AM
The first link I set up was one for imdb.com! I really am a loser :(

SleazyBear
10-19-2009, 06:59 AM
mwave.com had eec 701d's a few weeks ago for $119 shipped. I bought two. There ok, for sitting in a bar working or in a park or whatever. They are great for surfing the net. I have a daul core mega ram laptop that is a case like the deal or no deal girls have, weighs a ton. What I like about the netbook the most, is the laptop gets 1.5 hours on the battery, but the netbook gets right around 3 hours. Everyone in the house has a laptop, they sit and watch tv every night. They haven't reached the part of just im'ing each other instead of talking, but I kind of wonder when that will start.

TheEnforcer
10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
The first link I set up was one for imdb.com! I really am a loser :(

Oh man.. that' a great site...