PDA

View Full Version : Sell Your Failures To Content Thieves

gonzo
10-01-2009, 10:03 AM
A few weeks ago I saw that Topbucks had queitly gotten rid of Yappo after a couple of years pushing the brand.

So I got curious and did a little poking. Seems the Kevin Ho and crew quietly sold a VOD platform to Xtube.

No notification to webmasters. No mention anywhere.

This is going to be a long thread but I ask you... do you think this is any different than what GFY did with the skinning of tubes?

Toby
10-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I'd like to know what some of Yappo's studios have to say. Perhaps they're not aware of the situation either.

I'd have to rank this right about equal with GFY skinning the board with illegal tubes.

gonzo
10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd like to know what some of Yappo's studios have to say. Perhaps they're not aware of the situation either.

I'd have to rank this right about equal with GFY skinning the board with illegal tubes.
The affiliates arent aware of it. Matter of fact Kristin from Top bucks says that it wasnt their responsibility to let webmasters know that they had sold out.

And if you look at the site you certainly cant tell that theyve sold out.

But its business as usual there with their sites that have 2 prechecked cross sales 1 for RealityCash /Playboy/GFY and one for Gigacash/Xbiz/Alec Helmy.

She made out like it was too much trouble to remove playboy from the prechecked list. Toby brought up maybe they should create sites that didnt require 2 prechecked cross sales to be profitable.

RawAlex
10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
There is nothing on the Yappo site or any information sent to affiliates that I am aware of that say "we sold the site" or "we bought the site". The phone numbers and such on the site still point to topbucks, and the custodian of records is still the same, etc. All of the comments on the site news are from Kristen. If anything, it appears to be a "dormant" program that hasn't had an update in 6+months, not something that was sold to people trying to make a go of a site like this.

As for the cross sales, well... what can I say?

Fletch XXX
10-02-2009, 05:34 PM
"its not our responsibility to inform..." is what I read elsehwere regarding this...

EmporerEJ
10-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't know any of these people, and haven't done business with them, but I do wonder....

Why do you all seem to think they SHOULD tell you about the inner workings of their business?
Are you shareholders? Are they a public company?

But make no mistake, I'm not condoning crosschecked sales. I'm on public record (and in print/Xbiz magazine) against cross checked sales.

I'm just wondering about affiliates that feel they are entitled to know internal ownership info?

Hell Puppy
10-02-2009, 10:50 PM
question i have is whether everyone is still getting paid?

alias
10-03-2009, 06:14 AM
It is too much trouble to get Kristin to do anything but spam tb mobile.

EmporerEJ
10-03-2009, 02:19 PM

Now THAT sounds like a legit question.

gonzo
10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Now THAT sounds like a legit question.

Not seen much talk from the new owners.
Xtube probably keeps them plenty busy ripping and reencoding other peoples videos.

gonzo
08-22-2011, 08:40 AM

I know the customers arent getting what they paid for....

Yappo is down for some much needed system upgrades and will be back shortly.
Your account and purchased minutes will not be affected and will be available once we're back online.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

Yappo Team

RawAlex
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Apparently Yappo is owned by Manwin now?

EmporerEJ
08-27-2011, 11:48 PM
What's a Yappo?

Toby
08-28-2011, 12:10 AM
What's a Yappo?

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/picture.php?albumid=13&pictureid=147 (http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/album.php?albumid=13&pictureid=147)

EmporerEJ
08-28-2011, 12:26 AM
That is a freaky looking hand. look how it has a star in the middle of it with the hand lines!

gonzo
12-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Yappo must have got put in jail with Fabian.
They been fixing that site for all these years now.

I guess this significance of this is more apparent now.

Toby
12-17-2012, 09:53 AM
As I recall, Fabian was the head of the company (I forget the name) that owned Xtube and his VP of acquisitions was the asshat Bob Rice.

gonzo
12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
As I recall, Fabian was the head of the company (I forget the name) that owned Xtube and his VP of acquisitions was the asshat Bob Rice.

Virage Media.

RawAlex
12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Update on their site today:

Yappo is down for some much needed system upgrades and will be back shortly.
Your account and purchased minutes will not be affected and will be available once we're back online.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

Yappo Team

Your money is safe with us - for years!

gonzo
12-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Notice the date I started raising hell about this and now years later it suddenly becomes a crisis.