PDA

View Full Version : This is a bit weird.

Electra
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
I just recently purchased a Seagate external hard drive from Amazon...scrolling down it says that people who buy that hard drive also purchase Scotch Magic Tape..three pack, and a copy of Dan Brown's book The Lost Symbol. I hope that doesn't mean I will need the Scotch Tape to fix the hard drive at some point and the book to figure out how to use it LOL

softball
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I just recently purchased a Seagate external hard drive from Amazon...scrolling down it says that people who buy that hard drive also purchase Scotch Magic Tape..three pack, and a copy of Dan Brown's book The Lost Symbol. I hope that doesn't mean I will need the Scotch Tape to fix the hard drive at some point and the book to figure out how to use it LOLWhatever you do, stay away from the book. Its a huge turkey.

Electra
09-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Whatever you do, stay away from the book. Its a huge turkey.

Awwww...is it really? I like Dan Browns books.

softball
09-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Awwww...is it really? I like Dan Browns books.Me too, but this one is not worth the time. Wait for the Reader's digest version.

TheEnforcer
09-28-2009, 01:35 PM
LOL

Let' hope you don't ned the scoth tape Electra. :>))

Also, when I was at the book store they said they had much more positive feedback than negative. That said they also said that the few people who didn't like it REALLY didn't like it.

I'll likely wait for the paperback unless my parents bought it and then I'll borrow it from them.

Electra
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
I just agonized over buying the external drive..every time I thought I had found something I liked I went and read the reviews and a lot of people said it was just crap. Eventually I settled for a 1 terabyte Seagate where the bad reviews were about stupid things that I can probably live with..like some program I have never heard of and will never use worked slowly with it, and stuff like that. Once I back up my hard drive properly I have to take my computer apart and fix the on/off button, and if I cant fix it I'll jury rig it with the end of a pen or something lol

Hell Puppy
09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Hard drives have become a commodity and they are largely all the same due to consolidation on the low end. You'll still get a bit better quality if you step up to a raptor, etc. But all of them have a fairly high failure rate now.

Dont keep anything important in only one place.

Or do like I do, get yourself some of these:

http://www.drobo.com

I absolutely LOVE that device. I've lost drives inside it twice and never lost a byte of data. Just eject the faulty one, insert a replacement, it does the rest.

hanzen
10-11-2009, 01:32 AM
bumpin ^_^ btw, alectra, hott >_<