PDA

View Full Version : Effective Zoo Boycott

gonzo
09-26-2009, 09:42 PM
I see everyone complaining and moaning but I know silently.... your addicted. Your going back over there and you think your being real good by not posting but your still viewing the threads at the Zoo and giving them page views and what advertisers painstakingly perceive as a return on investment.

Let me interject a little wisdom from my corner of the world.

If you want to stop all of this once and for all... then cut off the head of the snake.

A wise man once told me "Its all about pageviews" and other said "Follow the money, it will answer ALL of your questions."

Heres my solution. Go into your hosts or IM hosts file and block the GFY ad server. Cut off the ad impressions and the revenue.

Heres the domain you need to block ads.gofuckyourself.com

This will block all the ads being served to your browser with the exclusion of the flash ones and send a message to those that think they run this business.

RawAlex
09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I did it on mine ages ago, the only ads I see now are the flash ones and the skin (because they serve from different locations). Because they are using java sources from ads.gofuckyourself.com to display the ads, the java never loads, so there is no display - and no view counted either.

It isn't hard to turn GFY into a charity.

Hell Puppy
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
....and GFY will still be fine so long as Playboy corporate doesn't decide it's more trouble than it's worth.

Afterall, there are some known sociopaths over there who have no where else to go.

softball
09-28-2009, 05:35 PM
You still have guys who should know better posting there. I suppose they look on it as an opportunity with a lot of good people leaving. Some of them post here.

bluemoney
09-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Afterall, there are some known sociopaths over there who have no where else to go.
Sniffyfingerz?

Hell Puppy
09-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Sniffyfingerz?

"oh no, not that idiot"

Greg B
09-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Gonzo you KNOW you've got my vote 100%. At least you've got the balls to stand up.

gonzo
09-29-2009, 10:45 AM
New term from the GonZopedia

Matised -
When someone is told a complete line of bullshit now and doesnt just admit their fuckup... they need to be referred to as getting "Matised"

Robert
09-29-2009, 10:46 AM
"oh no, not that idiot"

Saw that, pretty funny.

Greg B
09-29-2009, 10:51 AM
You still have guys who should know better posting there. I suppose they look on it as an opportunity with a lot of good people leaving. Some of them post here.

That's the story right there. Gonzo pointed that out YEARS ago. I see someone posting there and I stay away from their program and business. They can't be trusted.

DWB
09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Great post, great idea! Ads are OFF.