PDA

View Full Version : The Atlanta Forum<> An Open Letter to the Industry

iamkathi
08-07-2009, 05:20 PM
An Open Letter to our entire industry….

It is with a heavy heart that I write this open letter to our industry announcing the postponement of the 2009 Atlanta Forum. This was a very tough decision, but one that I felt is the SMARTEST decision considering NationalNet’s immediate priorities – as they say, sometimes we must pick our battles.

There were several factors that had to be considered the largest of which is my need to be involved in my core business, which is and always has been NationalNet. If I were to devote the time it takes to put on a quality show then I would be taking time away from my company when we are just about to be finished with the largest upgrade in our almost 15 year history (full story here http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NationalNet-To-Open-New-Metro-prnews-3499669716.html?x=0&.v=1 ).

In addition, with sponsorship money increasingly tight, I did not want to put the industry people who understand the importance of attending and/or sponsoring our show in a position to choose between spending their hard earned money on the forum or on some other component of their business that might possibly give them a more immediate return on investment. I owe the people of this industry more than that.

My personal apologies to those that have already agreed to sponsor and/or attend the forum - each of you will be contacted and will have your sponsorship money and/or your hotel deposits reimbursed to you immediately.

As anyone who knows me will tell you, if I cannot put forth the effort that is necessary to make The Atlanta Forum another resounding success, then I would rather just postpone it, refund everyone’s money, and wait until I can do it the way I know that will provide the sponsors and attendees with the quality that they have come to expect. I will use this as a challenge to build an even bigger and better show when I have the time to dedicate myself to it the way that this industry deserves.

Thanks for your continued support and I look forward to coming to you with more information about the next Atlanta Forum.

Warmest Regards,
Tony Morgan
The Atlanta Forum, LLC

softball
08-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Wow....an honest person in a world of thieves. It is refreshing to see business done properly. This is a tough racket and a lot of shows are going to fail. I would bet that not all would do it with such class.
Considering how the last two large companies who ran into difficulties just took the money and ran, I am impressed.

gonzo
08-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Tony Morgan has always been a class act.
Anyone local to Atlanta can attest to that fact.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOZ6xFxJqg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOZ6xFxJqg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

?

bluemoney
08-07-2009, 11:05 PM
All I can say is "I'm bummed out" :(

Hell Puppy
08-07-2009, 11:43 PM

You can dance if you want to...

iamkathi
08-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Maybe we can plan a trip to Blue Willow and dance on the porch!!!:okthumb:

Email me this next week and we'll figure out something to do!

Hell Puppy
08-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Maybe we can plan a trip to Blue Willow and dance on the porch!!!:okthumb:

mmmm....fried goodness....

mmemmer
08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Tony,

I did not see you down in Hollywood but I can pass along that I did hear quite a few people mention that they were very disappointed with not having the show this year.

Good luck with your expansion.

tony404
08-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Well Kathi we will always have the diner:) I know we arent the upper crust maybe you can get T one time to come hang with us all. :)

miz_wright
08-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Y'all keep me posted, ai'ight? You know I can't resist a trip to see Andrew and bust his chops! ;)

Buckwheat
08-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Damn! No painted titties?

TheEnforcer
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Bummer.. hope the show comes back in the future.. I heard very good things about last year's show...