PDA

View Full Version : Bing is here

softball
06-01-2009, 08:22 PM
bing.com
It has me indexed correctly. Much better than fucking google with all its shite. I hope it can maintain its purity. And lightning fast.

DannyCox
06-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Yep, got us too, all over the top of everything. I know people have been bitching about their videos, but their first number of pages is just full of our promo videos, and in all the different formats we do. Great free advertising. Time to play with keywords and descriptions ;)

tony404
06-02-2009, 01:13 AM
found a bunch of stolen shared vids and here is the shitty part. Some were off the sites but the full videos played in results MS is hosting them. making bing the worlds biggest tube. lol

Hell Puppy
06-02-2009, 01:42 AM
If it starts grabbing share from Google, things will get interesting.

We could see a return to 1998 when there were multiple engines all fighting for dominance. During that time you could be on top with one of the engines while it rains traffic, then wake up one morning and half your traffic is gone because they changed their algorithm. Figure it out again on that engine or their competitor, back on top, rinse repeat.

I used to understand the excite and infoseek algorithms better than half the people working there.

Google or not, I see the Bing algorithm changing at least monthly for a bit. We'll also find out quickly what kinda manual voodoo they have wired in, ala Pagerank, once people start spamming the shit out of it.

EmporerEJ
06-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Hmmmm....they are pulling from You tube?
Curious....

RawAlex
06-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Is their third update of the site going to be called Carmella?

tony404
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Hmmmm....they are pulling from You tube?
Curious....

yep and playing on the bing site.

Toby
06-02-2009, 06:10 PM
yep and playing on the bing site.

Looks to be embedded clips, not hosted on Bing.

tony404
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Looks to be embedded clips, not hosted on Bing.

some I looked at didnt exist on the site but played in full in the results