PDA

View Full Version : Facebook worth $10 billion??

TheEnforcer
05-27-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/26/facebook-valuation-at-10-_n_207792.html

NEW YORK — Facebook is getting a $200 million investment from a Russian Internet investor that values the social networking company at $10 billion even though it has yet to turn a profit.

The investment gives Digital Sky Technologies a nearly 2 percent stake in Palo Alto, Calif.-based Facebook's preferred stock. Digital Sky won't get a board seat.

The $10 billion valuation for Facebook is less than the $15 billion value implied in 2007, when Microsoft spent $240 million for a 1.6 percent stake in the company _ even though Facebook has substantially grown since then. However Facebook's own appraisal after the Microsoft deal gave the company a market value of about $3.7 billion, according to details revealed in a legal settlement.

The latest investment, in preferred stock, does not necessarily compare with what the company's common shares would be worth on the open market. That would be determined if the company were to go public, which is likely a ways off.

RawAlex
05-27-2009, 04:01 PM
All I can think of is exactly how long before these guys will have all sorts of nice installers and horse crap going on. Same guys that own mail.ru, so you can guess their business models.

Top_Of_Google_Man
05-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Unbelievable numbers.

TheEnforcer
05-28-2009, 01:43 PM
All I can think of is exactly how long before these guys will have all sorts of nice installers and horse crap going on. Same guys that own mail.ru, so you can guess their business models.

Yup... lots of stuff liek that likely to come down the pike with that money infusion....

SexArise! Chick
06-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow, that's believable. A lot of people go on Facebook, even myself.