PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Opens in Imax

EmporerEJ
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Sorry folks, I'll be "Out" tonight!

I'll be hitting the digital Imax for the Star Trek opening night, with a special tour of the new digital Imax equipment.

Then, a trip to Al's diamond Cabaret, and a Daisy Duxe appearance.

But, you all have fun.

:yowsa:

gonzo
05-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Spock lives on.

EmporerEJ
05-08-2009, 05:18 AM
It was WAY cool......
Plus, I got me a private tour of the new Digital IMax system (Awesome) and a free T-shirt.
Met Daisy Duxe for an interview, (daisyduxe.com) and had a nice time at Al's Diamond Cabaret. She's even prettier, and more petite in person, if you can believe that.
VERY nice evening for a change from work all the time.

Just for you Gonzo....a full size image:

http://www.southern-charms4.com/daisyduxe/da71x050.jpg

Evil Chris
05-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I think Hollywood sucks in recent years... void of original ideas etc..

But I'm going to see Star Trek. Looks really good.

DannyCox
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I haven't been to a movie theater in at least 8 or 9 years, but I just may go for this movie.

RawAlex
05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I would say that this is one of those rare "theatre" movies, where it is much more impressive on a huge screen than it is at home on the big screen.

softball
05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I think Hollywood sucks in recent years... void of original ideas etc..

But I'm going to see Star Trek. Looks really good.

I have to seriously disagree with you on that one. There are some films today that are as gooda as any other era. Just as an example, I just watched Frost/Nixon. Its an amazing movie. Grindhouse was superb. The list goes on.

Evil Chris
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I haven't been to a movie theater in at least 8 or 9 years, but I just may go for this movie.Was that when we went to see South Park? hahaha... I loved that movie.

I recently got back into that show... My son likes it too, the language is a bit much for him though.

DannyCox
05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Actually, I believe it may have been South Park!

The last movie I ever saw with Carol was Titanic. I fell asleep about halfway through...

WoodStock
05-08-2009, 12:53 PM
seems good, my hubby and i are planning to watch it

softball
05-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Actually, I believe it may have been South Park!

The last movie I ever saw with Carol was Titanic. I fell asleep about halfway through...

Titanic was one of the worst movies ever made. I don't blame you for falling asleep.

Evil Chris
05-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I remember falliing asleep at the IMAX watching Apocalypse Now Redux.
I had just been to McLeans Pub for food and a few pints of Guinness. No wonder!

sarettah
05-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Sorry folks, I'll be "Out" tonight!

I'll be hitting the digital Imax for the Star Trek opening night, with a special tour of the new digital Imax equipment.

Then, a trip to Al's diamond Cabaret, and a Daisy Duxe appearance.

But, you all have fun.

:yowsa:

I did the Imax-Startrek last night too. Good show :okthumb:

EmporerEJ
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I did the Imax-Startrek last night too. Good show :okthumb:

Good show, Digital Imax is superb, but I'm still disturbed by what they did with the Star Trek Story. And, what they did to the Spock Character. (Although The actor chosen does a great job with what he was given to work with.)

sarettah
05-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Good show, Digital Imax is superb, but I'm still disturbed by what they did with the Star Trek Story. And, what they did to the Spock Character. (Although The actor chosen does a great job with what he was given to work with.)

I enjoyed it a lot. My wife is/was a big trekkie, used to organize the cons the whole bit. She was disapppointed a touch probably for the same reasons that you might have been disturbed. But while talking to her I reminded her that it was an alternate reality and that covered any changes that they made :P

Buckwheat
05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I remember going to see the first Star Trek movie back in 79 with my friend Kam Fong. Kam played Det. Chin Ho on Hawaii Five-O and loved that Star Trek shit.

He also thought he should have been cast as Mr. Sulu. I don't know if he sucked dick or not but that may have been a deciding factor in casting.

TheEnforcer
05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Hoping to see this movie sometime this week,....