PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Forum

softball
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Once again, The Phoenix Forum shines as the show to aspire to by others. Despite the downturn, there was very strong attendance by industry leading programs and their owners.I just perused the piccies. It seems to me that the attendance was pretty thin. Lots of photos of the same old same old....just aging (some not so gracefully....Dan???)

But having been in the photography business for more years than I care to remember, the one thing that was apparent was that small group shots do not a crowd make.

Once again...is this the death knell of these things? Who will be the last man standing?

Or am I completely out of my tree and it was fabulous darling?

BTW, it ain't a downturn.....it's a full blown recession. Or, JFK, is Oshawa,
the home of GM Canada, bucking the odds?

Hell Puppy
04-18-2009, 04:26 AM
Anyone know if Mission Palms was sold out?

If it gets back to a size where it all fits in one hotel and the guys just there to party get weeded, I might have to start attending.

My mailbox is full of hotels in Vegas begging me to come....I may have to rethink Xbiz.

JFK
04-23-2009, 04:50 AM
I just perused the piccies. It seems to me that the attendance was pretty thin. Lots of photos of the same old same old....just aging (some not so gracefully....Dan???)

But having been in the photography business for more years than I care to remember, the one thing that was apparent was that small group shots do not a crowd make.

Once again...is this the death knell of these things? Who will be the last man standing?

Or am I completely out of my tree and it was fabulous darling?

BTW, it ain't a downturn.....it's a full blown recession. Or, JFK, is Oshawa,
the home of GM Canada, bucking the odds?

Actually, GM in Oshawa sucks just like the rest of the auto industry. Overall property values for residential properties have not been affected, commercial on the other hand is not the best place to be in right now:thumbdown
As far as the Phoenix show, dont have an official or un official count, but it was better than expected. As far as shows go this year, it was still the top attended one as far as I could see.

RyuLion
04-23-2009, 10:36 AM
yes it was sold out in less than 45 minutes.