PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Associates Case Ends in Guilty Pleas

gonzo
03-11-2009, 12:14 PM
PITTSBURGH — Rob Black, Lizzy Borden and their company, Extreme Associates, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Gary L. Lancaster to one count each of conspiracy to distribute obscene materials. Sentencing is scheduled for July 1.

A federal grand jury indicted the couple in August 2003 on 10 counts of conspiracy to defraud the U.S. mailing obscene or crime-inducing matters and transporting obscene matter for sale.

Prosecutors charged them in 2003 with distributing videos through the mail and images over the Internet to western Pennsylvania.

A judge dismissed charges in January 2005, finding prosecutors improperly applied obscenity statutes, but an appeals court reinstated the charges. Black and Borden face up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The company faces up to five years probation and a $500,000 fine.

EmporerEJ
03-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I had thought, (and hoped) they would fight.
Guess it got to them.

RawAlex
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I smell a plea bargain here, maybe an attempt to keep the vast majority of their content as "not obscene" and pleading guilty on one specific act or scene. i am sure that the Max Hardcore ruling didn't help them out at all, potentially put a little fear in them.

Too bad. The lines get drawn a little closer to the middle each time this happens.

EmporerEJ
03-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I smell a plea bargain here, maybe an attempt to keep the vast majority of their content as "not obscene" and pleading guilty on one specific act or scene. i am sure that the Max Hardcore ruling didn't help them out at all, potentially put a little fear in them.

Too bad. The lines get drawn a little closer to the middle each time this happens.

Well, they Are out of business at this point, as I understand it.