PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your lube?

gonzo
03-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Wet Naturals Silky Supreme Lube

Ingredient Analysis:
Small, Cyclic Silicone Oils: These oils are thin, so they prevent the final product from solidifying upon extended shelf sitting (think about how cooking oil left on a shelf for a long long time can sometimes solidify, especially at lower temperatures). These oils are emollients, meaning they moisturize, not greasify

Cyclopentasiloxane – A common cosmetic silicone oil, which is small and cyclic in structure. It is found in lipsticks, hair products etc. It is pretty much non toxic and only dangerous if you get it in your eye (and it’s bad news in your eye, flush immediately and get to a hospital) or if you had a lot of it and lit it on fire.
Cyclomethicone – Another common silicone oil used in cosmetics, very similar structurally to cyclopentasiloxane. As compared to cyclopentasiloxane, it is a little more viscous and stays liquid over a wider range of temperatures. To the lube consumer, it is essentially the same as cyclopentasiloxane.
Large, Linear Silicone Oils: These oils are thick and viscous, and impart the qualities one truly wants in a lube – thickness and longevity.

Dimethiconol (aka Polydimethylsiloxane aka Dimethicone) - A silicone polymer which is viscous like honey. It is much bigger than cyclopethasiloxane and cyclomethicone, and it is a straight chain. Because of this, it is much more viscous and thick. It is a widely accepted food and cosmetic additive, used for things like hair products, body implants, head lice treatment, drug additives…so on and so forth. It is totally safe.
Phenyl Trimethicone – Much like dimethiconol, this is a silicone polymer. It is less widely used in food and cosmetics, and is not food safe. As compared to dimethiconol, it is a bit more “organic” (in chemistry terms), which basically means it’s more lubricating.
Preservatives:

Tocopheryl Acetate a.k.a. Vitamin E Acetate – A cosmetic safe form of Vitamin E. In addition to being moisturizing, it prevents the other preservatives from breaking down (yet another antioxidant). It is soluble in the silicone oils, which is why it is used. It is not food safe.

Evil Chris
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
hmmm uh, why?

DannyCox
03-06-2009, 01:33 AM
I tend to stay with 10W30. Good all purpose lubricant :)

boobbucks
03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I use raw eggs...you mean for sex right? hahaha

vadja
03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
i have not a car :) i'm student

EmporerEJ
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Is this a product placement, or what?