Just what I was thinking :okthumb:
I want a Mike Vick Jersey

bluemoney
12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I want a Mike Vick Jersey
I could see you in a "Ron Mexico" number 7

Hell Puppy
12-26-2008, 03:24 AM
And now there's talk of them becoming the Doraville Falcons.

bluemoney
12-26-2008, 02:51 PM
And now there's talk of them becoming the Doraville Falcons.
Aint much . . . . . but it's home.

Hell Puppy
12-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Aint much . . . . . but it's home.

Moving 'em out closer to the burbs would make me happy.

I know I'm much more inclined to go to events at Gwinnett Arena or the Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta than I am to ride downtown for Phillips, Lakewood, The Fox, etc.

I suspect I'm gonna be seeing a lot more Gwinnett Braves games in person than I am games at Turner Field unless they lose their mind on pricing. I'll have to wait for 'em to work out the traffic issues first though.

bluemoney
12-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Moving 'em out closer to the burbs would make me happy.

I know I'm much more inclined to go to events at Gwinnett Arena or the Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta than I am to ride downtown for Phillips, Lakewood, The Fox, etc.

I suspect I'm gonna be seeing a lot more Gwinnett Braves games in person than I am games at Turner Field unless they lose their mind on pricing. I'll have to wait for 'em to work out the traffic issues first though.
I agree. I would love to see the Falcons in an open air stadium surrounded by plenty of parking for tailgating. Never like domes myself.

Hell Puppy
12-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree. I would love to see the Falcons in an open air stadium surrounded by plenty of parking for tailgating. Never like domes myself.

The proposal on the table is for a convertible. Open the roof if weather is nice, close it if not.

Myself, I think football should be played in the mud if it's raining. But I'm old school.

Toby
12-29-2008, 10:11 PM
The proposal on the table is for a convertible. Open the roof if weather is nice, close it if not.
We have two of those here in Houston. I haven't been to a Texans game at Reliant, but I'd imagine it's nice to have the lid on and the A/C working during those August and September games.

The Astro games at Orange Juice Park usually start with the lid closed, then around the 6th or 7th inning after the sun sets they open it up. I've been to a few games where they started out with the lid off. Our seats were in direct sun for the first several innings and it was ring out the shirt time before the shade arrived. It was a lucrative day for the beer vendor.

Myself, I think football should be played in the mud if it's raining. But I'm old school.
Hear hear! By halftime the only way to tell which team is which is by the color of their helmets. :okthumb:

Hell Puppy
12-30-2008, 03:06 AM
We have two of those here in Houston. I haven't been to a Texans game at Reliant, but I'd imagine it's nice to have the lid on and the A/C working during those August and September games.

The Astro games at Orange Juice Park usually start with the lid closed, then around the 6th or 7th inning after the sun sets they open it up. I've been to a few games where they started out with the lid off. Our seats were in direct sun for the first several innings and it was ring out the shirt time before the shade arrived. It was a lucrative day for the beer vendor.

Hear hear! By halftime the only way to tell which team is which is by the color of their helmets. :okthumb:

yeah, for attending in person, gimme the comfort. here we have the georgia dome for football. hard to believe that thing is 16 years old now. it's not a bad venue, and they've recently done some nice renovations to make it last til they decide what to do on it's eventual replacement. but i miss the weather being a factor.

i like those old games where everyone is bundled up like a snow bunny, maybe even a little snow on the field or even enough where they start blowing off a path for the kicker so he has a chance of nailing a field goal so someone can eventually score and end the thing. and there's always that one guy without a shirt on even if it's 0 degrees out....ya gotta respect a drunk's determination to get on tv.

here in the south, no snow, but we would get some mud bowls at old fulton county stadium.

Turner Field has lost some ground on the great new parks in San Diego, San Fran, etc. But it's still a great place to watch a game. But it has that same issue with the sun. if you set on the first base line and are down low enough to be close to the field, you need to be turned and basted by the second inning.