PDA

View Full Version : My Hospital Bill!

ali25extreme
12-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I have been very ill, but I am in recovery! Not really wanting to go into it, I do have one thing to share! My bill...OMFG it would have been cheaper to have a funeral for my ass! :hmm:
My first bill that I have received
#1. $32,181.58
#2. $670.00
#3. $630.00
#4. $1,771.45

At this point I have not opened any more...:o

I was in and out of the hospital for awhile but I should be okay for awhile.
Which bill should I tackle first?
Maybe Santa will give me a break on my bills! :whistling

It is not all bad I am still alive and getting better so happy day!:waving:

TheEnforcer
12-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Health care bills can crush a person/family. They can be insanely high as you have shown. Hope you can get it all worked out. Glad you are felling better and are ok.

TheEnforcer
12-16-2008, 02:05 PM
As to what to do I would suggest trying to pay each of them a little each month. If you can pay one or two out right away do so otherwise jut try and pay a bit on each every month.

ali25extreme
12-16-2008, 02:12 PM
As to what to do I would suggest trying to pay each of them a little each month. If you can pay one or two out right away do so otherwise jut try and pay a bit on each every month.

Thanks!!! I am going to talk to a financial adviser at the hospital tomorrow. I think that I might be able to get some kind of discount. I will have to wait till after the holidays before I will be able to do anything!

RawAlex
12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
One thing you can look at is the rates they are charging. Many hospitals charge significantly different rates to individuals and to insurance companies. Make sure they are aware that you know about this, and that you want the same sort of rate consideration that you would have gotten if you had been insured.

MRock
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Good God Ali, so sorry to hear you have been sick and hospitalized. I hope you are on the road to mending and will be alright. I was just wondering the other day where you had gone ...

As for those bills, as stated above, just pay spmething every month on each bill. They are required by law to work with you on your income level.

Top_Of_Google_Man
12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Glad to hear your on the road to recovery. Is this an ongoing medical problem or a one off? You might want to research going abroad for cheaper treatment,

ali25extreme
12-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Glad to hear your on the road to recovery. Is this an ongoing medical problem or a one off? You might want to research going abroad for cheaper treatment,

This will be an ongoing thing unfortunately, but I am in good spirits! I am trying to enroll in a program that helps single moms. I just hope I can get into it. No worries...:okthumb:

ali25extreme
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Good God Ali, so sorry to hear you have been sick and hospitalized. I hope you are on the road to mending and will be alright. I was just wondering the other day where you had gone ...

As for those bills, as stated above, just pay spmething every month on each bill. They are required by law to work with you on your income level.

I was out for awhile and all messed up but I am doing much better now. Been going to the Doctor and doing follow ups.
I lost a lot of weight in the hospital...like I could afford to..lol but I am slowly but surely gaining it back now.

I am paying all that I can on the bills but I about lost it when I opened them...I felt like going up to the hospital and just slapping them all!

I have not written much about anything because I really do not know what to say about it all. Since I am on the road to recovery, I choose not to disclose anything until I have all the facts myself and I am better!

helix
12-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Best wishes. I sucks to be feeling sick :(

ali25extreme
12-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Best wishes. I sucks to be feeling sick :(

Yes it does...thanks.

softball
12-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I do hope you are doing well. If you are facing these kinds of bills for an extended period, you could think about marrying a Canadian and emigrating. Just a thought. Its been done before.

kandah
12-20-2008, 12:31 AM
holy crap, I hope you get well soon.