PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 50% of women would give up sex over the internet

TheEnforcer
12-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Click link for full article

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/15/internet.sex.survey/index.html

Nearly half of the women questioned by Harris Interactive said they'd be willing to forgo sex for two weeks, rather than give up their Internet access, according to a study released Monday by Intel, which commissioned the survey.

While 46 percent of the women surveyed were willing to engage in abstinence versus losing their Internet, only 30 percent of the men surveyed were willing to do likewise.

miz_wright
12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Hmmm...

Well, while I would be willing to forgo PERSONAL use for that period, I would NOT be willing to give up access for work.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure we've all had longer dry spells than that without impetus.

Nymph
12-15-2008, 05:23 PM
My bet is that if they knew what good sex was, they would be giving up the internet instead.

TheEnforcer
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
My bet is that if they knew what good sex was, they would be giving up the internet instead.

Hahahahahaha!! I like the way you think!! :okthumb:

miz_wright
12-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Hahahahahaha!! I like the way you think!! :okthumb:

I dunno.

I wouldn't give up my work for a piece of ass, no matter how good said ass is.

WebBilling.com
12-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry to tell you this Liz, but I think the stereotyping point of this survey/article is that Internet use to a woman equates directly with shopping, and of course you will give up everything before shopping...

JUST KIDDING! :wnw:

TheEnforcer
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry to tell you this Liz, but I think the stereotyping point of this survey/article is that Internet use to a woman equates directly with shopping, and of course you will give up everything before shopping...

If i were you I'd either :1run: or :hide:

LOL

ali25extreme
12-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I would give up sex for the internet as well... especially when it comes to biz! I could not go with out it for more than a few days ... did for a week plus in the hospital but I was so doped up I do not remember much. The last two days were suck ass with out my computer and being able to work! It is a sad thing to not have available when you need and want it!

miz_wright
12-16-2008, 02:36 PM

Oh, well, NATCH.

Which is why you hear so much about iVillage these days.

... oh, wait.

TheEnforcer
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok.. you ladies need to remember that the VAST majority of women out there do not work on the web but use it instead for personal related stuff and whatnot and not to make a living.

miz_wright
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Ok.. you ladies need to remember that the VAST majority of women out there do not work on the web but use it instead for personal related stuff and whatnot and not to make a living.

Actually, I bet the majority of women *do* use the webbertubes for work, but just don't think of it in those terms.

I *would* suspect that the majority of women would be unwilling to give up work for sex, if it were couched in those terms.

But, really, I don't get it. I mean, I went months at home with no internet connection and was perfectly OK with that.

ali25extreme
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
[quote=LizAEBN;823052]Actually, I bet the majority of women *do* use the webbertubes for work, but just don't think of it in those terms.

I *would* suspect that the majority of women would be unwilling to give up work for sex, if it were couched in those terms.

If I did not need it for work, I could still go with out sex for two weeks to stay connected with family and friends. I use the internet way too much to give it up for a simple pleasure.
Sex is just not that big of a deal to me...kissing and some heavy petting are all that I would need to feel a good pleasure. A back massage would be great too!

But I do not have a boyfriend or a sex buddy so I can not miss what I do not have anyway! LOL

TheEnforcer
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, thwacking the gadget (thanks CJ) could count as sex too you know.. LOL

CWDW
12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I can get an internet connection at any coffee shop. *Good* sex, on the other hand...
Women who are willing to give up sex are not getting good sex. If they were, they would be like "internet? what?"

EmporerEJ
12-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure the world would continue to exist without Internet.

gonzo
12-17-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure the world would continue to exist without Internet.
Dont let Melanie fool you. Shes just there for the coffee.