PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Yourself Online? Best Practices?

WebBilling.com
12-09-2008, 10:19 AM
So you are marketing yourself online - what are some of your most effective tactics for selling your online ecommerce or service business?

How are you adapting to evolving economic challenges to maintain status quo or continue growth?

Current economic conditions portend major innovations to come – that is, if you are wile and ready to adapt to the times and reinvent your strategies and capabilities in anticipation of the coming national and global infrastructural changes. Here are some ideas and tips on how to market your biggest commodity - YOU. ...More... http://xbiz.com/blogs/102302 (http://xbiz.com/blogs/102302)

Evil Chris
12-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Good read there Joe!

I'll be off to related reading now.... :)

TheEnforcer
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I would also highly suggest advertising at the places in my sig through me. Great places like

Oprano.com :okthumb:
AllOfEm.com :rokk:
PrivateLabelResources.com :woohoo:
XNations.com :clapping:
YNOT.com and YNOTLegalUpate.com :bdance:
IndustryOldSchool.com :clapping0
LOLBoard.com!!! :thumbup:

Give yourself a voice and presence at quality places for good prices in front of great webmasters!!

WebBilling.com
12-09-2008, 11:12 AM
I would also highly suggest advertising at the places in my sig through me. Great places like

Oprano.com :okthumb:
AllOfEm.com :rokk:
PrivateLabelResources.com :woohoo:
XNations.com :clapping:
YNOT.com and YNOTLegalUpate.com :bdance:
IndustryOldSchool.com :clapping0
LOLBoard.com!!! :thumbup:

Give yourself a voice and presence at quality places for good prices in front of great webmasters!!

YES! You got it! Now is NOT the time to cut back on advertising - it IS the time to analyze, evaluate and correlate your results-oriented marketing mix, and it may well be time to judiciously increase your advertising - and that is a prime list of outlets to investigate...good place to begin...

LAJ
12-10-2008, 12:28 PM
YUP... so lets get those ads going folks.

gonzo
12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
YUP... so lets get those ads going folks.
I was hoping for some tips from Bruce Friedman

Fausty
12-18-2008, 11:17 PM
At the risk of sounding old-fashioned, how about this as a way of promoting oneself online:

Do good things. Help other people, contribute time and effort to meaningful projects that seek to improve the overall health and vitality of our online communities. Be a good person. Share your energy and enthusiasm with others - even complete strangers. Reach out to those less fortunate and help them step forward towards a positive future. Push back against negativity and hate with genuine empathy and an utterly unrealistic vision of a future where people are nicer to each other - and our shared planet. Follow the hard path and don't flinch.

Support free speech and free expression. Speak out against censorship and other thought-control regimes, not just in your own country but globally. Contribute your expertise and experience to helping smaller, nonprofit organizations raise their own profile and achieve success in their organizational goals. Help folks new to online discourse to understand some of the history and cultural standards of electronic discourse. Respectfully steer those who resort to content-free flaming towards more productive modes of dialog.

In short, in order to get noticed. . . do noteworthy things. Yes, I know it's all the rage in our modern milieu to grab those "15 seconds of fame" by being a bigger asshole than the last famous asshole. But, historically, folks earned a name and a reputation based primarily on the good that they had done. I suppose it's harder work, and takes more time - but it's a different kind of "promotion" than simply yelling louder than the other loud yellers.

Helping others is intrinsically rewarding. It is also, quite often, something of which others take note. Do it consistently - and genuinely - for a few years or a decade, and most likely the question of "promotion" will have answered itself.

Regards,

Fausty

kandah
12-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Just be good to people and hang with the right crowd.