PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Gallery Hosting?

Toby
11-12-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm trying to help a non-US indie amateur site owner solve a hosting issue. She has a fetish site that is a part time endeavor at this point. Her current host located in NL is relatively expensive, so she would like to serve much of her gallery content from another lower cost host. She does not currently have hosted galleries, but that is something she may want to add to this secondary hosting at some point in the not too distant future.

My first suggestion was moving the entire site, along with a list of recommended hosts. For a number of reasons, including personal privacy, that isn't an option at this time.

Since this is a part time venture with modest income, cost is a significant factor.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good compromise between price and reliability/performance.

gonzo
11-12-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm trying to help a non-US indie amateur site owner solve a hosting issue. She has a fetish site that is a part time endeavor at this point. Her current host located in NL is relatively expensive, so she would like to serve much of her gallery content from another lower cost host. She does not currently have hosted galleries, but that is something she may want to add to this secondary hosting at some point in the not too distant future.

My first suggestion was moving the entire site, along with a list of recommended hosts. For a number of reasons, including personal privacy, that isn't an option at this time.

Since this is a part time venture with modest income, cost is a significant factor.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good compromise between price and reliability/performance.

I used Naked Hosting for all of my TGP/FHG hosting needs.
Im sure you remember Kacy from being cold in Atlanta.

Hell Puppy
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I used Naked Hosting for all of my TGP/FHG hosting needs.
Im sure you remember Kacy from being cold in Atlanta.

I was gonna suggest the same thing, but her and Tonda dont stop by to show us any love...

Toby
11-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys. I passed along the recommendation. I suggested she contact several hosts, including her current one, explaining what she needed and seeing what they offered for a solution.

But Kacy had a sweater. :)

mmemmer
11-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Depending upon her budget and resource requirements perhaps some of the following information may be helpful.

http://www.Caro.Net (http://www.caro.net/) currently has dedicated servers available starting as low as $95/mo and we will be launching our VPS site any day now but the following plans are already available:

The vps are live and available order them via email only (the online order links should be ready by Friday).

VPS-100
Starting at $29.95/mo

* 20GB of Hard Drive Storage
* 256MB of Memory
* 500GB Top Quality Tier 1 Bandwidth

VPS-200
Starting at $59.95/mo

* 40GB of Hard Drive Storage
* 512MB of Memory
* 1000GB Top Quality Tier 1 Bandwidth

VPS-300
Starting at $99.95/mo

* 60GB of Hard Drive Storage
* 1024MB of Memory
* 1500GB Top Quality Tier 1 Bandwidth

VPS-400
Starting at $149.95/mo

* 80GB of Hard Drive Storage
* 2048MB of Memory
* 2000GB Top Quality Tier 1 Bandwidth

Toby
11-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks Mark, I'll pass along this info.

Caro was on the short list of hosts I recommended to her initially when I suggesting moving her whole site. :okthumb:

Jayvis
11-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Throwing in my two cents here... I currently use Host Gator and have never had an issue with them in the 1-2 years I switched over. There are tons of hosts out there actively accepting adult sites and working with them one-on-one as gonzo mentioned. Best of luck to you, Toby. :)

gonzo
11-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Caro Net is the home of BIG pipe!

Depending upon her budget and resource requirements perhaps some of the following information may be helpful.

http://www.Caro.Net (http://www.caro.net/) currently has dedicated servers available starting as low as $95/mo and we will be launching our VPS site any day now but the following plans are already available:

The vps are live and available order them via email only (the online order links should be ready by Friday).

VPS-100
Starting at $29.95/mo

* 20GB of Hard Drive Storage
* 256MB of Memory
* 500GB Top Quality Tier 1 Bandwidth

VPS-200
Starting at $59.95/mo

* 40GB of Hard Drive Storage
* 512MB of Memory
* 1000GB Top Quality Tier 1 Bandwidth

VPS-300
Starting at $99.95/mo