PDA

View Full Version : By far the best show ever!!!! (Island Gathering)

Forest
10-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Island Gathering is by far the best networking show i have ever been to in the 9 years i have been going to shows

it has been so refreshing to meet with the actual decision makers in informal zero pressure settings where u can talk shop and enjoy a good time at the same time.

Events were great, service by the event staff was on the money, 1st class all the way!

This is a show I will continue to do as long as I am in this industry. I leave tomorrow early am and only wish I had one more day to network the 150 people here.

Great job Fabian and crew!!!!!!

Hell Puppy
10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Island Gathering is by far the best networking show i have ever been to in the 9 years i have been going to shows

it has been so refreshing to meet with the actual decision makers in informal zero pressure settings where u can talk shop and enjoy a good time at the same time.

Events were great, service by the event staff was on the money, 1st class all the way!

This is a show I will continue to do as long as I am in this industry. I leave tomorrow early am and only wish I had one more day to network the 150 people here.

Great job Fabian and crew!!!!!!

And that's what happens when you do it the same way mainstream business partner type shows are done by the big players. by that, I mean you set a $3K price of admission.

You weed those who aren't serious and aren't real players by raising the cost of entry.

TheEnforcer
10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Glad it was a good show for you Forest.

Forest
10-20-2008, 01:30 PM
And that's what happens when you do it the same way mainstream business partner type shows are done by the big players. by that, I mean you set a $3K price of admission.

You weed those who aren't serious and aren't real players by raising the cost of entry.

yep i will be doing the panama show most likely now. Figure the cost of the 2 shows and the amount of business that gets done equals 5 of the reg shows

Hell Puppy
10-20-2008, 10:30 PM
yep i will be doing the panama show most likely now. Figure the cost of the 2 shows and the amount of business that gets done equals 5 of the reg shows

There's the real rub though. At that price point, you've gotta deliver some value. People in this industry are typically not inclined to share....share your best stuff, it'll get saturated and become ineffective. Partnering requires a level of trust that a wise person doesn't give very easily in this business. Lots of guys will rob you blind, teach you a lesson and mock you over it.

So our shows are typically relegated mostly to networking. It's that same dance as two dogs meeting each other in the park, you smell each other's ass, romp alot and see if you can get along. If so, you play together as long as you can, but inevitably when there's only one food dish, a fight ensues.