PDA

View Full Version : Delay on pay growing problem?

MRock
10-17-2008, 09:42 PM
No alarm really, but definately a growing watchful eye ... had an affiliate miss sending me a check, wrote an email, got a response, apology and was told money would be added to this months check. That check should be here any day now. I will report back.

THEN, today I get an email from another affiliate that there has been a delay in their checks being sent out ... "due an error made by our check processing company" ... blah blah blah

Any one making note of this with their promoted programs? :scratchin

Hell Puppy
10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
No alarm really, but definately a growing watchful eye ... had an affiliate miss sending me a check, wrote an email, got a response, apology and was told money would be added to this months check. That check should be here any day now. I will report back.

THEN, today I get an email from another affiliate that there has been a delay in their checks being sent out ... "due an error made by our check processing company" ... blah blah blah

Any one making note of this with their promoted programs? :scratchin

Pretty sure I called this one a week or two ago.

Watch your receivables timing...

softball
10-17-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm with HP on this. I was talking to a builder today and he said that his clients are pushing his 30 day payment back to 45 and 90 and is worried that he will be stuck between his receivables not supporting his payables and he will be in the same position with his suppliers. And so it goes. Trickle down.

MRock
10-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Pretty sure I called this one a week or two ago.

Watch your receivables timing...

Yes you did ... I am seeing it unfold :(

RawAlex
10-18-2008, 01:04 AM
I long ago figured out that this is a "cash" business, and the only money you have truly earned is the money you have received. Everything else is pretty much a hard to enforce receivable with no true value. In fact, for purposes of accounting, my online business runs as a "cash" business, meaning I don't carry any receivables because they have no true value.

What I find interesting is that two of the companies I saw this week mentioning payout problems were also two that were using pre-checked cross sales (in various ways). Perhaps they all ended up eating a big chargeback fine, and just don't have the cash flow this week to make it all work out. Who knows?

gonzo
10-18-2008, 02:39 AM
I long ago figured out that this is a "cash" business, and the only money you have truly earned is the money you have received. Everything else is pretty much a hard to enforce receivable with no true value. In fact, for purposes of accounting, my online business runs as a "cash" business, meaning I don't carry any receivables because they have no true value.

What I find interesting is that two of the companies I saw this week mentioning payout problems were also two that were using pre-checked cross sales (in various ways). Perhaps they all ended up eating a big chargeback fine, and just don't have the cash flow this week to make it all work out. Who knows?

Jettis was bought by i365bill . . .

RawAlex
10-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I didn't know that. Hmmm.

gonzo
10-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I didn't know that. Hmmm.
Its a bitch when some of us have been around since the begning and have a good memory.

TheEnforcer
10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
This will happen more an more as things go on. Another round of tightening for the industry.

ali25extreme
10-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Still waiting on some of my checks....living in the poor house till then.

boobbucks
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Our checks have been on time since we run everything ourselves.:okthumb:

TheEnforcer
10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Our checks have been on time since we run everything ourselves.:okthumb:

I've alway heard nothing but good things about your program both in terms of the qualoity of the sites and content to payemtns and such. :okthumb:

One of the few programs with sites I would actually consider joining. :okthumb:

MRock
10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Just reporting in ... got that "delayed" check today ... just a case of borrowing from Peter to pay Paul at this point I guess?