PDA

View Full Version : Hey Revsharehosting, WTF is going on?

Toby
10-05-2008, 09:24 AM
The revsharehosting.com doman and client domains have been unreachable from here in Texas and from many other points on the planet for nearly 3 days.

Too busy fucking cocktail waitresses in the bar bathroom to get your shit fixed?

TheEnforcer
10-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok.. there has to be a good story behind the bathroom reference. LOL

Hell Puppy
10-05-2008, 07:03 PM
The revsharehosting.com doman and client domains have been unreachable from here in Texas and from many other points on the planet for nearly 3 days.

Too busy fucking cocktail waitresses in the bar bathroom to get your shit fixed?

Unreachable here as well. I can ping it, but that's it.

Very interesting though, a traceroute shows it is NOT going to NationalNet. That made me raise an eyebrow. So I dug a little deeper to see where it was going and found myself down a very unusual rabbit hole.

Revshare Matt and Revshare Omar are local home boys, so I'll sit tight and see if either of them breezes thru here before I start peeling the onion...

gonzo
10-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Damn thats not a rabbit hole... thats a twink hole.

softball
10-05-2008, 10:26 PM
They are all out partying with Jeff Miller and his band of merry twinks.

DannyCox
10-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Twink hole?! Who has the Felching Straw?

Brad Mitchell
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Everyone

I spoke with Matt at Revshare hosting last night and discovered he has been working on the issue. As he explained it to me, it had to do with renumbering his IP space and a problem Comcast was having accessing those IP addresses. So, the inability to access as it was explained to me was only Comcast.. Hard to say 'only', thats about 14 million people. :)

Brad

TheEnforcer
10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info Brad.

Toby
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
...the inability to access as it was explained to me was only Comcast...
I couldn't access either, and I'm using AT&T. That's another 10-15 million.

The propogation issues finally resolved for me yesterday evening. I don't have any sites with them, but a couple of my submitters have their galleries there, and my scanner script was flagging them.

gonzo
10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Everyone

I spoke with Matt at Revshare hosting last night and discovered he has been working on the issue. As he explained it to me, it had to do with renumbering his IP space and a problem Comcast was having accessing those IP addresses. So, the inability to access as it was explained to me was only Comcast.. Hard to say 'only', thats about 14 million people. :)

Brad
Add Time Warner to the mix.

Hell Puppy
10-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Still no go here, and I checked it last night via both comcast and earthstink dsl. Not my first time at the dance. ;)

Only tried comcast tonight, and it's still not working. Though the traceroute changed. Looks worse to me. In fact, it's one of the ugliest traceroutes I've ever seen.

23 hops and bumping 136 ms toward the end.

I just figured Matt of all people knew the value of quality hosting.

But hey, every business will have the occasional problem. Cant get down on 'em for having a technical failure. I always instead judge folks by how they handle the problems when they do occur.

miz_wright
10-07-2008, 01:34 PM

*cracks up*

Hell Puppy
10-07-2008, 11:33 PM
It's finally back up.

Still has the traceroute from hell though.

gonzo
10-08-2008, 08:54 AM
It's finally back up.

Still has the traceroute from hell though.
She had to go on break some time....

TheEnforcer
10-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Was she hot??

Hell Puppy
10-09-2008, 01:35 AM
But hey, every business will have the occasional problem. Cant get down on 'em for having a technical failure. I always instead judge folks by how they handle the problems when they do occur.

Shame we dont have a scorecard smiley....

Brad Mitchell
10-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I couldn't access either, and I'm using AT&T.

yeah thats another 15 million...

Add Time Warner to the mix.

and around another 15 million... plus with comcast isn't that like 45 million people in the us? omg!

there's a funny story there but it's got nothing to do with Matt at RevShare!

Brad