PDA

View Full Version : Max Hardcore Sentenced to 46 Months In Federal Prison

gonzo
10-03-2008, 02:05 PM
TAMPA, Fla. — A federal judge today sentenced Paul F. Little — a.k.a. Max Hardcore — to 46 months in prison and fines of more than $1.4 million, Hardcore’s attorney told XBIZ.

Judge Susan C. Bucklew allowed Hardcore to remain free pending appeal, while sternly advising him against speaking to the press, Hardcore’s attorney Jeffrey Douglas told XBIZ.

“An appeal will follow and we’re optimistic about [it],” Douglas said. The appeal will be filed in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals," he said.
Bucklew’s recommended prison time and fines were at the minimum levels suggested by the federal prosecutors for Hardcore’s 10 counts. Bucklew fined Hardcore $7,500 and Max World Entertainment Inc. for $75,000. The fines on all charges cumulatively add up to nearly $1.4 million.
Hardcore must file an appeal within six weeks, or have to turn himself in to begin serving the sentence, because “the Florida Bureau of Prisons will send him a notice” within that time frame, Douglas said.

RawAlex
10-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Play taps for Max, for he will be in the big house for a while.

TheEnforcer
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Wonder what his odds are on appeal??

Greg B
10-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Lemme get this straight, they're fixin' to toss a guy in jail for making smut, but we're supposed to spend $700 billion in bailout money to crooks who ripped off the entire nation?

I guess if you make fucking movies that's a million times more destructive than fucking the American People.

Top_Of_Google_Man
10-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Wonder what his odds are on appeal??

can an appeal court reduce jailtime and increase fine if guilty verdict upheld?

EmporerEJ
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Lemme get this straight, they're fixin' to toss a guy in jail for making smut, but we're supposed to spend $700 billion in bailout money to crooks who ripped off the entire nation?

I guess if you make fucking movies that's a million times more destructive than fucking the American People.

Did you watch 60 minutes?
They had a very simple "man on the street" explanation of exactly what it's all about.
I can tell you, it clarified it for me a bit more. I had an "idea" what it was all about, but I "get it" now. And while it's exactly what I suspected it was, I didn't have the proper "terms" for the things called: "default swaps."
(Probably because the terms were invented by insiders, for use by insiders.)

Oh yea, we are working WAY too hard for our money, folks.

urb
10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow, that's quite a stiff sentence. :(

Are US jail terms similar to UK ones... where they can do about half the time on good behaviour?

Toby
10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Are US jail terms similar to UK ones... where they can do about half the time on good behaviour?

No, this is Federal time. He'll do a minimum of 85%.