PDA

View Full Version : SEO....how much does it cost?

softball
08-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I am up to my neck in launching a new website. I am buying magazine advertising that I know works like a hot damn. I have been considering some SEO, but have no idea how it gets billed. In the past, I have bought traffic for actual money and got nothing. I am not really in the mood for another experience like that. So how do you know you are getting the real deal....anyone can deliver clicks, but if my sites are "optimized", how do I know its worth it. I want some seo guys to chime in and explain your business and how it works for those of us who are just stumbling along blindly but doing well.

RawAlex
08-29-2008, 11:56 PM
most of them appear to want $thousands for putting meta tags on your site and repeating your keywords over and over again in hidden text and in image alt tags.

softball
08-29-2008, 11:58 PM
most of them appear to want $thousands for putting meta tags on your site and repeating your keywords over and over again in hidden text and in image alt tags.
That is exactly what worries me. I can do that.

Hell Puppy
08-30-2008, 03:01 AM
I am up to my neck in launching a new website. I am buying magazine advertising that I know works like a hot damn. I have been considering some SEO, but have no idea how it gets billed. In the past, I have bought traffic for actual money and got nothing. I am not really in the mood for another experience like that. So how do you know you are getting the real deal....anyone can deliver clicks, but if my sites are "optimized", how do I know its worth it. I want some seo guys to chime in and explain your business and how it works for those of us who are just stumbling along blindly but doing well.

True organic SEO will come natural if you play it honest and apply just a little common sense to your design to let the engines figure out what it is you're really using.

Largest single tip I'll give anyone is dont let lazy ass moron designers turn your text into graphics and just do a slice and dice. Search engines love good honest text. Dont try to cheat, just do a good honest sell of what you're offering.

Now if you're talking about buying clicks from Google or others based on keywords, that's a true black art. Even those who are extremely good at it need a big budget to really do it well and you have to really invest your time in measuring the performance and adjusting CONSTANTLY.

It's not a place to play for us lazy fucks who like to build something, forget about it, and just cash the checks.

helix
08-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Use a blog to promote the website, SE's love blogs.
Add a blog to your new website and make relevant posts on it every couple of days. That will keep the SE's coming back to index it every time you post a new item on the blog.

softball
08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys. This is why I like Oprano.

KevinG
08-31-2008, 12:10 PM
In my experience, most people offering SEO services, especially in adult are just "snake-oil salesmen".

However, Search Engine Optimization is one of my specialties. I have over 100 #1 rankings, 200 top 10 rankings and about 100 top five rankings in various market niches. (Those are just my rankings for my sites.)

I have done work for Camz, Fantasy Girl Revenue, Aqua Entertainment, Burning Angel, Joanna Angel, Booble, Marquis America, and numerous others.

Here's an email I recently received from a client, just two weeks after completing his SEO project.

-----------------------------
Kevin,

I want to say "thank you" for the terrific SEO work you did on my Teasing-Video.com site. Last week set an all-time sales record, and this week is already my second best week ever with one more day to go. Overall visitors to my site doesn't appear to be up very much, but the percentage of my traffic from search engines has gone from 8% to 13% and the sales results are undeniable. I knew SEO would help, but I didn't expect to see such dramatic improvements so quickly.

Thank you for helping me achieve such stellar results.

Cheers,

Lee
------------------------------

Results vary. Usually it takes 2 - 3 months to see such good results. However, the more specialized and focused your niche, the better I can do for you.

I prefer to not describe how I perform these services, what you get and the pricing in a public post. I don't want to help the "snake oil salesmen" learn how to better pitch their crap.

I can email it or PM with your permission.

Please let me know if you would like details in private.

KevinG
08-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Btw, I have also been a panelist on traffic and marketing seminars this year at:

- XBiz Hollywood - Feb (Traffic Panel)
- Phoenix Forum - April (Niche Marketing Panel)
- Cybernet Expo - June (Traffic Seminar & Web Design Seminar)
- XBiz Summer - July (My own solo presentation on SEO)
- Internext - August (Emerging Marketing Methods Panel)

You can also hear my two part interview on SEO here:

Kevin Godbee - Introductory White Hat SEO pt.1
http://www.sin20.com/node/5174

Kevin Godbee - Introductory White Hat SEO pt.2
http://www.sin20.com/node/5232

And to answer your question from the post title, How much does SEO cost?"

It probably costs less than you think, and my projects usually pay for themselves within 2 - 3 months and then it's all gravy after that. The rankings usually stick for a year or more without even having to do additional work.

Which reminds me, if anyone is offering SEO services where there is a steady ongoing monthly fee and they are going to submit you to all the 100's of search engines every month ... run like hell unless you want to be the star in your own production of "Back to the Future".