PDA

View Full Version : I thought Visa had rules

tony404
08-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Im seeing more and more of these sites run by these programs. that say free all over them and that they need your cc for age verification and below the submit button are the prechecked cross sales. A new one on the jungle the prechecked cross sale the dollar amount is in words not numbers. I thought visa doesnt alllow that?

DannyCox
08-27-2008, 03:14 AM
It's all fine, until they catch it. And until they get a number of complaints, it'll just go on.

gonzo
08-27-2008, 05:48 AM
I sense the oncoming storm in the billing sector.

miz_wright
08-27-2008, 08:40 AM
I sense the oncoming storm in the billing sector.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a billing solution with integrity and options?

*ponders*

gonzo
08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Wouldn't it be awesome to have a billing solution with integrity and options?

*ponders*
You know your getting railed when your processor starts a thread on what new car to buy...lambo or bently.

Toby
08-27-2008, 08:51 AM
You know your getting railed when your processor starts a thread on what new car to buy...lambo or bently.

Brokering cross sales must be profitable. :rolleyes:

tony404
08-27-2008, 01:22 PM

I know, what was he trying to prove with that. My fear is Visa says fuck this and pulls an amex. Then we are screwed. I figure sales have dropped,they got big expenses and are freaking. When they tell me to my mind my own business, its like what you do effects me. You dont operate in a bubble.

RawAlex
08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Tony, this is a case where it really is your business. If it affects you ability to make money or might make it harder for you to get or keep processing in the future, then it is very much your business.

What they are suggesting is the same shit drug dealers do in the hood, "don't snitch". It's a horseshit way of making people look the other way.

tony404
08-27-2008, 05:39 PM
On the jungle debs deep throat thanking clicks for his prechecked cross sale and then it follows with a love fest. Will they all be thanking him when Visa pulls out of adult?

gonzo
08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
On the jungle debs deep throat thanking clicks for his prechecked cross sale and then it follows with a love fest. Will they all be thanking him when Visa pulls out of adult?
No -the oncoming storm is approaching.

Toby
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
No -the oncoming storm is approaching.

And it's not named Gustav. :)

softball
08-27-2008, 08:00 PM
No -the oncoming storm is approaching.....this in the precheck.

sign me up for another subscription to bjblowout.com $0.00 (USD) for 2 days (trial) then $39.62 (USD) recurring every 30 days. Debs Deep Throat also says its $11.95 to sign up and if you look, its 12.42 for a 15 day trial, then $25.93 every 30 days.

This is the kind of stuff that happens when business is bad. It also goes one step beyond X sells and steps into false advertising. CC Bill should start looking into this. Maybe this price discrepancy is a "hiccup" giving Deb the benefit of the doubt, but the 15 day trial and the 30 day recurring is snake oil y'all.

Hey deb, you post here, care to address this little issue?

Something else to consider if you guys and deb think this is a caveat emptor deal, remember we are marketing to the world and they don't all speak English that well to understand the sneaky shit. But they do sure as shit know how to charge back.

Toby
08-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey deb, you post here, care to address this little issue?

Don't hold your breath. The only time she seems to show up here is to do some self-promotion.

tony404
08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
its short sighted and really fucking stupid.You guys here give me hope because their its like most are on the bandwagon.

Toby
08-27-2008, 09:34 PM
...because there its like most are on the bandwagon.
Most there can't see beyond the next pay day.

softball
08-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Most there can't see beyond the next pay day.
what....you can make money at this?

softball
08-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Don't hold your breath. The only time she seems to show up here is to do some self-promotion.
Prolly needs to since she still has to flog t shirts for a living.

Toby
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Prolly needs to since she still has to flog t shirts for a living.

That's what she was here pimpin' this morning. :rolleyes:

DannyCox
08-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Debs Deep Throat also says its $11.95 to sign up and if you look, its 12.42 for a 15 day trial, then $25.93 every 30 days.

The discrepancy between the $11.95 and the $12.42 is the US/Canadian exchange rate. Prices are set in US dollars, but will be shown in the currency of your country as checked by CCBill's Geo-tracking. Since you are in Canada, you're seeing the Canadian price.

We do note the price is in US Dollars on our sites, but a Canadian will see a different price, changing daily.

As for the 15 day trial, well, trials have been done since the beginning. Most sites say "Only $2.95 to join" and do the same thing.

softball
08-28-2008, 12:16 AM
The discrepancy between the $11.95 and the $12.42 is the US/Canadian exchange rate. Prices are set in US dollars, but will be shown in the currency of your country as checked by CCBill's Geo-tracking. Since you are in Canada, you're seeing the Canadian price.

We do note the price is in US Dollars on our sites, but a Canadian will see a different price, changing daily.

As for the 15 day trial, well, trials have been done since the beginning. Most sites say "Only $2.95 to join" and do the same thing.
That is the price quoted in US dollars. As for the 2.95 thing, that is understandable, but a 15 day trial???? I don't think so. Remember the language issue.