PDA

View Full Version : The demise of the repeat customer?

LAJ
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Please check out what Rand from Epoch has to say about this matter...

http://www.ynot.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=news_article&sid=47511

Toby
08-06-2008, 10:34 AM
File this one under: No shit Sherlock!

RawAlex
08-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Rand, you have me shaking my head. Quite simply, if you know this is an issue, DO SOMETHING NOW, before the FTC, Visa, Mastercard, or your acquiring banks come down and make the change for you - because they next change could be "close your doors, you are done".

WAKE UP!

DannyCox
08-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Preaching to the choir on this one.

Billing schemes reminiscent of the late 90's hey-day of wild west billing models have started to resurface among a few merchants utilizing their own merchant accounts. These are billing practices that would never be allowed under the careful management of an Internet Payment Service Provider (IPSP). Easy to miss pre-checked cross sales, additional offers under the submit button, and hard to find cancellation procedures are just a few of the unscrupulous practices that are cropping up.

Some IPSPs are allowing people to use unscrupulous practices in their billing, and in some cases are even defending it. Many of the IPSPs are just part of the problem, and will also be paying for it in the long run.

gonzo
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
No mystery why Rand didnt post this on Oprano.

With the Visa regulatory bullshit that we got in the past few years I wonder how all of these sites are making it thru compliance with such STRINGENT requirements.

Nice spin from the one of the innovators of prechecked cross sales.

THANKS RAND!

Dravyk
08-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Rand, you have me shaking my head. Quite simply, if you know this is an issue, DO SOMETHING NOW, before the FTC, Visa, Mastercard, or your acquiring banks come down and make the change for you - because they next change could be "close your doors, you are done".

WAKE UP!
Naw, it's much more normal to just talk about things and let them continue unchanged.

tony404
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
The industry is its own worst enemy.