PDA

View Full Version : My sons birthday...help

ali25extreme
07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
I have a little boy who is turning 6 years old in a few weeks and he wants a nintendo ds..do you think that he is old enough to have this type of item?He is a very smart kid and plays video games form time to time..I am just not sure about this. Any advise?:scratchin

Hammer
07-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Both of my daughters have them. One is 10 and the other is 7 but they've had them for a few years now. I believe my youngest was 5 or 6 when we got her one because her big sister got tired of her using hers. lol

There are plenty of good games that a 6 year old will be able to play.

ali25extreme
07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Okay..thanks! Can you tell me of some good games to buy for the ds?

DannyCox
07-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Our youngest just turned 11 yesterday. He's been playing the handheld video games (Nintendo, Sega) since he was 3. A 6 year old can easily handle the DS, in fact, probably better than most of us old folks!

ali25extreme
07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
I am actually pretty good at the games as well and when my son is away I play his games and aI have bought some for myself! I was addicted to "God of War" and "Silent Hill" I have many more that I play but those stick out most..my son is not allowed to play those..Silent Hill scares the hell out of me when I play it. All alone in a dark house. I have been getting into golfing games and madden lately..thosee are a ton of fun..one of my favs is Halo..can't play it any more..I cant seem to stop when I do! :)

ali25extreme
07-14-2008, 11:33 AM
O and Happy birthday to your babe! 11 must be fun!

bluemoney
07-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Get him a BB gun and tell him to point it toward Canada :whistling

Greg B
07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
At his age he shouldn't be playing Silent Hill or God of War. He should be playing games that develope his math, reading, eye/hand coordination. The crap they put in video games is bad enough. There are some wonderful fun and exciting children's games out there that are far more challenging than the adult games. The adult games have too much blood and guts that's why they're popular. The classics like Sonic, Mario Bros., Tetris, are still around and still fun.

ali25extreme
07-16-2008, 01:57 PM
At his age he shouldn't be playing Silent Hill or God of War. He should be playing games that develope his math, reading, eye/hand coordination. The crap they put in video games is bad enough. There are some wonderful fun and exciting children's games out there that are far more challenging than the adult games. The adult games have too much blood and guts that's why they're popular. The classics like Sonic, Mario Bros., Tetris, are still around and still fun.

H edoesn't play those games..I do! I would never let him play something like that. Those games even freak me out sometimes. He plays the E games and leapfrog type stuff.

voctorpower
07-18-2008, 10:59 AM
six,a lovely age.may give him skating shoes

LAJ
07-18-2008, 11:04 AM
My 4 year old enjoys my playstation 2. He's got the controls down pretty good!

carol.prime
07-18-2008, 04:43 PM
My niece just had her 2nd birthday last thursday. :)
buy him psp or nintendo, he'll definitely enjoy that stuff.

EmporerEJ
07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I have a little boy who is turning 6 years old in a few weeks and he wants a nintendo ds..do you think that he is old enough to have this type of item?He is a very smart kid and plays video games form time to time..I am just not sure about this. Any advise?:scratchin

I think it's a fine idea...especially some of the brain teaser games.
They build skills.

I will never understand this irrational fear, people have of technology.

ali25extreme
07-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Well his birthday went well, but I will never have another one at Chuck e cheeses again.. I ended up giving my son roller blades and a batman outfit...
I will do the ds thing for Christmas...I want him to be outdoors more!