PDA

View Full Version : How are your chargebacks?

tony404
07-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Im used to running .2-.3 and this year it seems to be the new way to cut back on the bills. Your experiences. I post this here and not the jungle because I want honest answers:)

pam
07-10-2008, 04:06 PM
None for my paysites this year and I believe 1 from sponsor sales all year *crosses fingers* For my merchant account with tangible goods, I've never had one in 12+ years, but I do my own scrubbing and am almost anal about the checking I do. I spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone with Bank Of America yesterday just to confirm an address (business accounts to personal accounts to personal credit cards to personal debit cards to business debit cards)

DannyCox
07-10-2008, 05:17 PM
So far this year, my chargebacks ratio for all the websites we have is 0.237%. That is the highest it has ever been as our historic average has been 0.17%.

Returned checks is also up, currently at 0.49% where the historic was 0.21%

For tangibles, using my own merchant account, I haven't had any chargebacks this year, but have only had one since we started that account in 1999.

Hell Puppy
07-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Up a tick here as well.

I would agree with the assessment that people are scrutinizing their bills a bit more closely due to the economy.

softball
07-11-2008, 02:24 AM
same here

EmporerEJ
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Still at 0.0% here.

EmporerEJ
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
None for my paysites this year and I believe 1 from sponsor sales all year *crosses fingers* For my merchant account with tangible goods, I've never had one in 12+ years, but I do my own scrubbing and am almost anal about the checking I do. I spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone with Bank Of America yesterday just to confirm an address (business accounts to personal accounts to personal credit cards to personal debit cards to business debit cards)

That's what we do as well.
We confirm each and every sale.
We have a high ticket price, so it's economical for us.
(Plus, I don't look good in stripes, and want to make sure my product doesn't get into the wrong hands.)

Hell Puppy
07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I will also add that failed rebills are up.

softball
07-12-2008, 12:13 AM
IndyMac crashed and about 10,000 depositors are shitting their pants at the moment. I am sure that some of them must be our customers. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are skating on thin ice. You gotta keep your powder dry at the moment. Times is tough and it ain't looking good for the short term. Doesn't matter what business you are in or what job you have.
Now, all those who voted for Bush, raise your hands and take the heat. Mike AI, step up to the plate and tell us one more time how the war in Iraq was a victory and GW Bush and president Cheney are fiscal conservatives and will launch the new American century. I am sure he and all the rest of those political morons will remain silent on this. Anyone else care to stand behind this administration? Personally I really miss the Clinton era. Possibly the happiest and most prosperous times America has ever seen.

EmporerEJ
07-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure how Chargebacks have ANYTHING to do with Iraq.......
Sounds like somebody is bored and looking to bait people.

The sky is bright over here, and we are doing just fine.
(I have to go now, to finish construction on the new factory.)
But you boys keep wringing your hands, and worrying about the sky falling.
My chargebacks= still @ 0.0%

softball
07-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure how Chargebacks have ANYTHING to do with Iraq.......

I didn't think you would. Rednecks have a problem following cause and effect. They just vote the obvious and this is the result. I guess the tin foil hat is working in Beeftown, USA

RawAlex
07-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I didn't think you would. Rednecks have a problem following cause and effect. They just vote the obvious and this is the result. I guess the tin foil hat is working in Beeftown, USA

Zing!

Toby
07-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Just an FYI, there was a recent upgrade to titanium foil hats. ;)

softball
07-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Just an FYI, there was a recent upgrade to titanium foil hats. ;)
Does it come in rolls next to the Saran Wrap at the 711, or is it a special order from the area 51 dollar store?

Toby
07-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Does it come in rolls next to the Saran Wrap at the 711, or is it a special order from the area 51 dollar store?
Strictly a special order from Space Cadet Command. :okthumb:

RawAlex
07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Strictly a special order from Space Cadet Command. :okthumb:

yeah, but you need the special couple on you can only get at 7/11 - you have to walk in, and say the secret pass phrase to the guy behind the counter "I want to marry you sister"...

softball
07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah, but you need the special couple on you can only get at 7/11 - you have to walk in, and say the secret pass phrase to the guy behind the counter "I want to marry you sister"...
That's how I buy condoms.

EmporerEJ
07-13-2008, 08:46 AM

And then again, there are delusional people that manage to shape every event to fit their twisted little views of the world....

RawAlex
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM
That's how I buy condoms.

...and apparently the only way you get to use them!

softball
07-13-2008, 11:40 AM
And then again, there are delusional people that manage to shape every event to fit their twisted little views of the world....
Welcome to the real world bud.

softball
07-13-2008, 11:40 AM
...and apparently the only way you get to use them!
LOL......

EmporerEJ
07-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the real world bud.

......He says with a picture of him in drag as an avatar.....

softball
07-17-2008, 12:07 AM
......He says with a picture of him in drag as an avatar.....
better than a picture of some old guy badly in need of a comb over and hair paint. Surely that can't be you emp. I mean when you post, you sound so manly and well downright hirsute.

pam
07-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Hirsute? *perk*

softball
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Hirsute? *perk*

I forgot that's your thing....lol....

EmporerEJ
07-17-2008, 02:07 PM
better than a picture of some old guy badly in need of a comb over and hair paint. Surely that can't be you emp. I mean when you post, you sound so manly and well downright hirsute.

Only if those things are important to you. I don't need a comb over, or hair paint, to be manly. I'm also quite secure in my "manly-hood," and don't feel the desire to explore other "lifestyles."

But you confused fellas, just do your thing.

softball
07-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Only if those things are important to you. I don't need a comb over, or hair paint, to be manly. I'm also quite secure in my "manly-hood," and don't feel the desire to explore other "lifestyles."

But you confused fellas, just do your thing.
But I'm just so pretty when I am dressed.

voctorpower
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
it takes more longger

DannyCox
07-18-2008, 11:49 AM
it takes more longger

carol.prime??

EmporerEJ
07-18-2008, 04:54 PM
But I'm just so pretty when I am dressed.

I'm not surprised you think so. You have such a love affair with yourself.
Y'ain't doin' nothing for me.

softball
07-18-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm not surprised you think so. You have such a love affair with yourself.
Y'ain't doin' nothing for me.
I know, but as little Richard said, when you are this pretty, you don't need no udda nigger.