PDA

View Full Version : Weird stuff, man

MRock
07-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Okay, so I was checking some keyword searches on the big G for one of my sites. The good news is it is #1 for the terms used and I have another site at #3. Then I notice a page or two down, another site with my same description. So I click on the link and it brings up an exact copy of my site, except the pictures have been changed to another girl. Same colors, same layout ... an obvious dupe of my site. Come on AVS guy, learn some basic html and use your own brain for some text! :mad:

Anyone else had this experience?

DannyCox
07-05-2008, 04:35 AM
I've had that exact same experience numerous times since 1994! Our very first website was stolen word for word and used as a Phone Sex page. And 14 years later, it still happens.

moetheman
07-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Okay, so I was checking some keyword searches on the big G for one of my sites. The good news is it is #1 for the terms used and I have another site at #3. Then I notice a page or two down, another site with my same description. So I click on the link and it brings up an exact copy of my site, except the pictures have been changed to another girl. Same colors, same layout ... an obvious dupe of my site. Come on AVS guy, learn some basic html and use your own brain for some text! :mad:

Anyone else had this experience?

I have added protection to pages that makes it to where MOST folks would be unable to copy, paste, save, see source, save pics, or print.

It does not provide 100% protection, but it can certainly deter most.

You probably already know this, however, a DMCA remove request to that site's host might help, it certainly got one of my clients some action not very long ago, again, it won't work 100% of the time, yet it will most of the time according to my own experience, and what I have seen and heard around the web.

That would certainly piss me off, some folks might consider it flattering, but not me, good luck with it.

Moe

softball
07-06-2008, 11:04 PM
we just build sites that no one would bother to steal....lol.
I sure do get a lot of assholes stealing our names and keywords for their bullshit traffic pages.

RawAlex
07-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Do the double: DMCA the site for removal, and at the same time send the DMCA to google as well. In theory, they will remove the offending site.

MRock
07-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback gang ... I was mostly blowing off steam. Can you DMCA for page layout, color scheme and keywords? The person changed all of the pictures, so it's not my content per say. They even copied my 2257 page, lmao, but removed my lawyers address.