PDA

View Full Version : How long do tgp's keep a gallery up?

tony404
06-30-2008, 03:09 PM
With submiting 5 to 6 days a week and surfer getting smarter.Eventually very large chunks of my sites will be in tgp galleries. Not to mention yrs of galleries start to fill up a hd. 6 months? a year? how old do galleries have to be to be able to safely take them down without getting blacklisted?

gonzo
06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
With submiting 5 to 6 days a week and surfer getting smarter.Eventually very large chunks of my sites will be in tgp galleries. Not to mention yrs of galleries start to fill up a hd. 6 months? a year? how old do galleries have to be to be able to safely take them down without getting blacklisted?
Are you still getting traffic from them?

tony404
06-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Are you still getting traffic from them?

dont know when we are putting new ones up 6 days a week at the same places

Toby
06-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning for wanting to remove them?

tony404
06-30-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure I'm following the reasoning for wanting to remove them?

Because after a while adding 120 pics to tgp's week and 480 a month over 5k a year. After a few years a large chunk of my content is sitting in tgp galleries. Surfers realize this and you go to forums and they have every tgp gallery you ever listed.

gonzo
06-30-2008, 04:38 PM
dont know when we are putting new ones up 6 days a week at the same places
You dont look at your server stats?

Nymph
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
That's a hard question to answer.

I run a few TGP's, and it varies from one to the other.

My suggestion would be check out the ones you are submitting to, and go from there.

I know, a very vague answer, sorry I can't be of more help.

Hell Puppy
06-30-2008, 05:23 PM
You dont look at your server stats?

You're assuming they are hosted galleries. The fact that you can monitor those, remove 'em, redirect 'em, is the exact reason some TGP's wont take 'em other than those posted by the site owner himself.

Toby
06-30-2008, 05:39 PM
1) Given all the illegal content out there being 'shared' I really don't think a whole bunch of past promo galleries is really an issue worth worrying about. I'd be more concerned about full galleries and videos from your member area being posted to those forums.

2) If detailed server stats aren't available you should still be able to tell from the referrer info in CCBill sales data what galleries are still getting some hits and generating an occassional sale.

For example, I had a sale last month from a Brittany O'Connell gallery I built 4 years ago that's not been linked to from any of my own domains in ages.