PDA

View Full Version : Americans: You have te right to bear arms

RawAlex
06-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Not matter how stupid the idea, the supreme court finally decides that a confusing and run-on sentence is in fact two seperate thoughts, and as such, you can all go out and buy huge ass handguns for "protection of the state".

The US sinks another inch deeper into the muck.

LAJ
06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
UGH... just fuckin great.

Hell Puppy
06-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Careful, I haven't used my once a year gun control post yet.

I also only post once a year on abortion and religion. Sometimes I work all 3 into a single post.

EmporerEJ
06-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Not matter how stupid the idea, the supreme court finally decides that a confusing and run-on sentence is in fact two seperate thoughts, and as such, you can all go out and buy huge ass handguns for "protection of the state".

The US sinks another inch deeper into the muck.

So, I guess the Supreme court agrees with my interpretation.....as was discussed earlier?

Yea...that's right. You "fellers" just stay on your side of the line........and keep the noise down.

:shooter::kapow:
:uzi:
:snipe:

:okthumb:

EmporerEJ
06-27-2008, 05:24 AM
UGH... just fuckin great.

Don't worry Jay....doesn't mean you HAVE to carry a gun.
You're welcome to go around nekked as much as you want.

(I'll keep carrying mine though, thank you very much.)

Nymph
06-27-2008, 07:36 AM
My husband say's an armed society is a polite society. The problem is not gun control, it's criminal control. A criminal by deffinition does not obey the law, so laws only effect the law abiding people.

If someone doesn't want to own/carry a gun fine, that's their choice....no one is telling them they have to.

If I want to own/carry a gun, then that's my choice. We now own and have securely in our gun safe, 13 hand guns (1 semi-automatic, 3 double action revolvers, 9 single action revolvers), 8 shotguns (2 of which are for sale), and 3 rifles....and surprisingly, we've never killed anyone with any of them. :rolleyes:

RawAlex
06-27-2008, 09:29 AM
My husband say's an armed society is a polite society. The problem is not gun control, it's criminal control. A criminal by deffinition does not obey the law, so laws only effect the law abiding people.

If someone doesn't want to own/carry a gun fine, that's their choice....no one is telling them they have to.

If I want to own/carry a gun, then that's my choice. We now own and have securely in our gun safe, 13 hand guns (1 semi-automatic, 3 double action revolvers, 9 single action revolvers), 8 shotguns (2 of which are for sale), and 3 rifles....and surprisingly, we've never killed anyone with any of them. :rolleyes:

I have to ask the obvious question: What the heck so you need 24 guns for?

gonzo
06-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Watch Cabin Fever

Nymph
06-27-2008, 10:34 AM

Only 1 is actually mine. The Ruger Blackhawk 357 magnum single action.

Three are my 13 year old son's...1 he inherited from my daddy, 1 from his father's dad, and one my husband bought him for the classes he takes in gun safety & shooting.

All the others are my husbands, and he is a hunter, so that explains the shotguns & rifle. The hand guns are mostly kept for appreciation $ value...kinda nice when you can sell one and double or triple your money ;)

helix
06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I like to cling to my guns when the economy is bad.

gonzo
06-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Only 1 is actually mine. The Ruger Blackhawk 357 magnum single action.

Three are my 13 year old son's...1 he inherited from my daddy, 1 from his father's dad, and one my husband bought him for the classes he takes in gun safety & shooting.

All the others are my husbands, and he is a hunter, so that explains the shotguns & rifle. The hand guns are mostly kept for appreciation $ value...kinda nice when you can sell one and double or triple your money ;)

Ruger SP 101 .357 mag.

EmporerEJ
06-27-2008, 12:31 PM

Do you ask that when someone has 24 golf balls?

How about, "why do you ask?"
How about, "because she wants them?"
Why does it matter "how many" someone has?
It's bad enough we have to register them, and we can be criminally prosecuted, if some jackass steals them and we don't report it to the right agency. And then we go through the indignity of all these questions again.

But let me give you the real easy answer that you peaceniks never seem to get: Because THEY have them. "They" being anyone, government, or civilian that wishes to do us (me) harm. At the "core" of the "American way," Is the innate right to be at equal footing with anyone, anywhere in the world.
And while I think most Americans don't go looking for a fight, we simply don't bend a knee to anyone.

bluemoney
06-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Rossi .357 Revolver

Nymph
06-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm still mad from when my hubby sold the matched pair of Colt single action army, third generation, 44 special, with pearl grips :mad:

RawAlex
06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Do you ask that when someone has 24 golf balls?

How about, "why do you ask?"
How about, "because she wants them?"
Why does it matter "how many" someone has?
It's bad enough we have to register them, and we can be criminally prosecuted, if some jackass steals them and we don't report it to the right agency. And then we go through the indignity of all these questions again.

No, I think the question is valid. I would ask the same question to a man with 10,000 golf balls. I ask the same question to a friend of mine who owns about 50 cars (half of them real junk). I would ask the same question to someone with 11 TVs in their living room.

How many is a pretty valid question: How many guns do you need for self defence?

sarettah
06-27-2008, 02:29 PM
8 shotguns (2 of which are for sale)

Mossberg 500 per chance? Looking for one of them :okthumb:

sarettah
06-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Excellent investments actually. They never go down in value :okthumb:

sarettah
06-27-2008, 02:31 PM
we have to register them

No you don't. Or at least I don't :yowsa:

Nymph
06-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Mossberg 500 per chance? Looking for one of them :okthumb:

Nope, sorry sweetie they are a Stoeger Uplander 20 guage side by side, and a Stevens 411 12 guage side by side.

DannyCox
06-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Personally, I don't really care about this as it has little to do with me. I'm not against guns at all, when thought of and used correctly. People tend to forget that Canada also has a hunting culture and on a per capita basis, and excluding hand guns, we have more guns that people in the US do. But those are rifles and shotguns primarily used for hunting.

We just don't have a gun fetish up here as people tend to have in the US. Guns are just thought of as tools, and nothing more. When not in use, they are put safely away, and never even considered for personal defense. People don't sit around talking about there guns, and listing everything they have, it just isn't at all important enough to discuss. Hunters will always talk more about the hunt, than the guns they carried.

What scared me was when I was living down in Salt Lake City and Carol and I were walking around West Valley Mall. Here comes Mall Security, which was an 18 year old, pimply faced kid caring a Baretta side arm! I then found out that the son of one of the guys I worked with was intellectually slow yet he also was able to find work as an armed security guard at 19 years old.

I've never believed in actually carrying a gun for self-defense, or keeping a loaded gun in the house. I always thought that people that carry are really just looking for an excuse to use it. The statistics do show that gun cultures like the US have a much higher rate of gun deaths than countries without that culture. We aren't talking a little bit higher, but much, much higher. The US murder rate is almost equal to that of a third world country with a culture of violence!

carol.prime
06-27-2008, 04:13 PM
It's really a self-defense but it should have the necessary documents. This will help to ensure that the owner won't do something wrong.

gonzo
06-27-2008, 04:20 PM
It's really a self-defense but it should have the necessary documents. This will help to ensure that the owner won't do something wrong.
Like stealing google images for paid designs?

softball
06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
And while I think most Americans don't go looking for a fight, we simply don't bend a knee to anyone.
Well, Emp you do actually. Iraq and Viet Nam are good examples and you did bend a knee. The fact that you use the term peacenicks says it all, really. What the hell is wrong with peace? Its guys like you that get your entire country into trouble as we have discussed many ties in the past.
Personally, I couldn't give a shit if your entire freeking country was armed to the teeth with these little pop guns. However, we have a mutual border and your "polite" society leaks these things faster than the Titanic taking on water and that effects me.
Here's the deal. If you ever had the balls as a country to automatically tack ten years onto any crime, non negotiable, for use of any fire arm and were willing to pay for said incarceration, I would sleep a little easier because the guys using the guns with bad intentions, would be locked up long enough to make them see the error of their ways and anyone trying it out on some poor doughnut store clerk, would think long and hard.
Until then, all the .357 bravado I am hearing here is just pointless chest beating. I have personally witnessed what small arms fire can actually do to a person and it ain't like the movies.
Y'all can carry tasers if you are that worried about your nasty neighbours.

RawAlex
06-27-2008, 06:25 PM
The wild west was an "armed society" and it was about as rude as most modern american inner-cities are these days. Weapons do nothing but allow bullies to do their work faster, and for idiots to think they are protected and stand up to the bullies. The outcome, regardless, is death, wholesale.

99% of guns will never be used to kill anyone. But any gun used for it's true intended purpose will. Otherwise, it is just a macho fashion accessory.

bluemoney
06-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Like stealing google images for paid designs?
That explains the bullet holes in Sponge Bob!

Hell Puppy
06-28-2008, 03:54 AM
First off, I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it.

I also think the SCOTUS got this one right. They looked at not only the wording but the context and frame of mind of the founding fathers. My favorite amendments are 1,2 and 10. Why? Those are the ones put in there to protect the people from governments.

Guns aren't the problem, crminals are. More specitically in the U.S. we protect and caudle our criminals too much. We also try to protect people from themselves, and by doing so we're permitting people who are too stupid to support themselves over breed and fill up inner cities with uneducated undisciplined, unmotivated youth who have no respect for law and actually view prison as perhaps a better option than living at home. Jail gets you 3 hots and a cot, many dont have that at home.

Additional gun control is meaningless. If you cant effectively enforce the laws you have, all you do is create hassle for the honest man looking to use the gun for sport or self defense. Ban all guns! Ok, again, you take them from the law abiding citizens, what's your plan to get them out of the hands of the criminals?

Dont address symptoms go for the root cause.

What would I do? I'd take it the other way. First thing, it becomes legal to shoot anyone who breaks into your home whether they are armed or not. Ditto for your vehicle. Let's thin out some of the crackheads doing home invasions and car jackings and terrorizing people over pocket money.

Second, stop the breeding. You have a child and want government support for it, you get your ass spade or neutered so you dont have any more. It can be reversed when you stop taking those checks.

Third, prison should really suck. Bring back the chain gang. Those rural roads that only get attention every 30 years after they're falling apart, here's your free labor to fix it. Make it less attractive

Finally, get the kids who do not want to learn out of the schools so they are not a distraction to those who do. You'll also lure better teachers if they aren't living in fear when they turn their back on an inner city class full of hood rats.

Nymph
06-28-2008, 07:28 AM

I also think the SCOTUS got this one right. They looked at not only the wording but the context and frame of mind of the founding fathers. My favorite amendments are 1,2 and 10. Why? Those are the ones put in there to protect the people from governments.

Guns aren't the problem, crminals are. More specitically in the U.S. we protect and caudle our criminals too much. We also try to protect people from themselves, and by doing so we're permitting people who are too stupid to support themselves over breed and fill up inner cities with uneducated undisciplined, unmotivated youth who have no respect for law and actually view prison as perhaps a better option than living at home. Jail gets you 3 hots and a cot, many dont have that at home.

Additional gun control is meaningless. If you cant effectively enforce the laws you have, all you do is create hassle for the honest man looking to use the gun for sport or self defense. Ban all guns! Ok, again, you take them from the law abiding citizens, what's your plan to get them out of the hands of the criminals?

What would I do? I'd take it the other way. First thing, it becomes legal to shoot anyone who breaks into your home whether they are armed or not. Ditto for your vehicle. Let's thin out some of the crackheads doing home invasions and car jackings and terrorizing people over pocket money.

Second, stop the breeding. You have a child and want government support for it, you get your ass spade or neutered so you dont have any more. It can be reversed when you stop taking those checks.

Third, prison should really suck. Bring back the chain gang. Those rural roads that only get attention every 30 years after they're falling apart, here's your free labor to fix it. Make it less attractive

Finally, get the kids who do not want to learn out of the schools so they are not a distraction to those who do. You'll also lure better teachers if they aren't living in fear when they turn their back on an inner city class full of hood rats.

You nailed it sweetie...tell it like it is, and not how they want it to be.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear my husband stole your login and posted this himself. ;)

bluemoney
06-28-2008, 09:17 AM

HP's Got it right! :okthumb: Now if we could only get him to run for Office!

RawAlex
06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Guns aren't the problem, crminals are

This is one of my favorite non-starters in the whole gun debate.

Ever seen a drug raid? Drugs are pretty calm things, they are just chemicals or weeds or whatever, sitting in little bags. In theory, selling little bags of powder isn't exactly risky for anyone else except the idiots snorting or injecting them. Yet when police raid a drug dealer's house or operation, they go in with 10 - 20 guys, armed to the teeth.

Why? Not because of the drugs, but because of the guns.

Police in the US are having a very hard time fighting crime because they are having to do everything in overwhelming numbers, because they fear that the car they just pulled over might have an armed man inside. Getting pulled over in lala land, and you might have 5 cruisers on scene for a traffic ticket (especially if you are DWB).

The presence of guns and the likelihood that the suspects are armed means that the police have to work in gangs. Without the fear of guns, the police could be much more effective in dealing with crime.

Look at Mexico. The police are underpaid and the criminals are well armed (and willing to kill police and judges to keep things there way) How far do you think the US is from this? IMHO it is right on the edge of happening, already 585 police officers have been shot and killed on duty in the last 10 years ( http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/Facts/causes.htm ) and approximately 60,000 a year are assaulted ( http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/Facts/daifacts.htm ) with 15k average injuries as a result.

You may feel safer because you are armed, but you are only armed because you think everyone else is. In the end, you are only pouring gas on the fire.

Nymph
06-28-2008, 10:39 AM
This is one of my favorite non-starters in the whole gun debate.

Ever seen a drug raid? Drugs are pretty calm things, they are just chemicals or weeds or whatever, sitting in little bags. In theory, selling little bags of powder isn't exactly risky for anyone else except the idiots snorting or injecting them. Yet when police raid a drug dealer's house or operation, they go in with 10 - 20 guys, armed to the teeth.

Why? Not because of the drugs, but because of the guns.

Police in the US are having a very hard time fighting crime because they are having to do everything in overwhelming numbers, because they fear that the car they just pulled over might have an armed man inside. Getting pulled over in lala land, and you might have 5 cruisers on scene for a traffic ticket (especially if you are DWB).

The presence of guns and the likelihood that the suspects are armed means that the police have to work in gangs. Without the fear of guns, the police could be much more effective in dealing with crime.

Look at Mexico. The police are underpaid and the criminals are well armed (and willing to kill police and judges to keep things there way) How far do you think the US is from this? IMHO it is right on the edge of happening, already 585 police officers have been shot and killed on duty in the last 10 years ( http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/Facts/causes.htm ) and approximately 60,000 a year are assaulted ( http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/Facts/daifacts.htm ) with 15k average injuries as a result.

You may feel safer because you are armed, but you are only armed because you think everyone else is. In the end, you are only pouring gas on the fire.

Criminals by deffinition do not obey the law.

Excuse me, but last I checked, drug dealers are criminals since they do not obey the law.

What gun law would you propose that a criminal would follow? Oh wait, there is that nasty "law" word in that sentence, so forget that question.

Ok, so say a law is inacted that takes all guns away...no matter what kind, and for what purpose they were originally intended. Do you seriously believe a criminal is not going to find a way to procure a gun & ammo to conduct his/her business? At what risk does this put the rest of us in with no means of protection? At what risk does this put the police?

Most guns are manufactured overseas. There doesn't seem to be a problem getting illegal drugs in this country, why do you think it would be any different with guns? The US is not the ruler of the world, we can't make all other countries stop manufacturing guns, and more than we can make other countries stop the drug trade in thier own country that sends it to us.

IMHO it is the people that are afraid of guns, don't know how to properly use them, or are still living with the "Bambi" memory from childhood that are against them.

softball
06-28-2008, 11:19 AM
IMHO it is the people that are afraid of guns, don't know how to properly use them, or are still living with the "Bambi" memory from childhood that are against them.I'm not afraid of guns. I am afraid of people like you having them. Lots and lots of them. For no reason other than fear. And foreign guns crossing my border is a problem. I live in a gang town where there are targetted killings weekly if not daily. There is a gang war going on and I would bet you these guys are getting guns stolen from citizens like you and smuggled here.

Toby
06-28-2008, 11:36 AM
While all this banter may be entertaining it's not likely things will change here any time soon. The recent court ruling should not be a surprise, nor will it change much. The right to bear arms is one of the fundamental concepts that this country was founded on and something that "We The People" aren't likely to give up without a fight.

Personally, I don't and won't own a hand gun. The only way they're effective as personal protection is to carry one ALL of the time and I don't like to carry shit. I rarely even take my cell phone when I leave the house.

softball
06-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Carrying a hand gun is a form of paranoia.

Nymph
06-28-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm not afraid of guns. I am afraid of people like you having them. Lots and lots of them. For no reason other than fear. And foreign guns crossing my border is a problem. I live in a gang town where there are targetted killings weekly if not daily. There is a gang war going on and I would bet you these guys are getting guns stolen from citizens like you and smuggled here.

There are responsible gun owners, and irresponsable gun owners. It's the latter you need to worry about, not ones like me.

I agree, illegal foreign guns are a problem for everyone, in every country. What's the solution? I'm afraid there is not going to be a resonable solution that will please everyone (pro gun & anti gun), and not take away the rights of the people in the process.

So what are your gun laws up in the great white north anyways?

softball
06-28-2008, 12:45 PM
There are responsible gun owners, and irresponsable gun owners. It's the latter you need to worry about, not ones like me.

I agree, illegal foreign guns are a problem for everyone, in every country. What's the solution? I'm afraid there is not going to be a resonable solution that will please everyone (pro gun & anti gun), and not take away the rights of the people in the process.

So what are your gun laws up in the great white north anyways?
Not that I pay too much attention to it, but long guns are legal, hand guns are not. In fact I have travelled more than most, and I have been very few places where the citizenry is packing. Mainly bongo countries like the Philippines.
The Europeans seem to do fine without their saturday night specials.

The right to bear arms is a 250 year old law that should be amended. Those guys had no idea where it would lead. It was to protect the republic when a militia could do that very thing if there was an invasion from Canada or Mexico. That threat is long gone, so should that "right".

"So then I went and bought myself a Colt 45
Called a peacemaker but I never knew why
Never knew why, I didn't understand
Cause Mama said the pistol is the devil's right hand"

Nymph
06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Not that I pay too much attention to it, but long guns are legal, hand guns are not. In fact I have travelled more than most, and I have been very few places where the citizenry is packing. Mainly bongo countries like the Philippines.

The right to bear arms is a 250 year old law that should be amended. Those guys had no idea where it would lead. It was to protect the republic when a militia could do that very thing if there was an invasion from Canada or Mexico. That threat is long gone, so should that "right".

"So then I went and bought myself a Colt 45
Called a peacemaker but I never knew why
Never knew why, I didn't understand
Cause Mama said the pistol is the devil's right hand"

So your gun laws aren't obeyed by criminals either?

And your borders are just as pourus as ours.

softball
06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
So your gun laws aren't obeyed by criminals either?

And your borders are just as pourus as ours.
Unfortunately we have one of the longest borders in the world. It is impossible to prevent any kind of traffic moving north or south. It is way too long and way to desolate. What worries me is the huge volume of pop guns and heavier weaponry that is absorbed across our border from the US. I would rather have a friendly relationship where we export you oil and marjuana, and you export us Orange Juice.
I freeking hate the idea of uneducated morons being able to purchase concealable weapons. God made some men big and some men small and Smith and Wesson made them all the same size and that is what is scarey.
In other countries I have seen 13 year olds with rpg's and AK's and have seen the damage that a brain dead kid can do with explosive devices and it ain't pretty. If your kids get hold of your weapons it is dangerous. And if they are locked up safe and tight, what exactly is the point?

softball
06-28-2008, 02:17 PM
as far as criminals having guns, that is moot. It is a chicken or egg situation and vicious cycle that needs to be broken.

DannyCox
06-28-2008, 03:09 PM
It's actually quite easy to get a handgun in Canada. First you must take a Canadian Firearms Safety Course and pass a written test. This is required for the ownership of any type of firearm. Once you pass the test, you can then apply for a Firearms License. As long as you don't have a criminal record, that will be easily obtained. With that license, you can now buy a rifle or shotgun.

For handguns, you just need to join a gun club with a firing range. With your club membership card and your license, you can now go buy a handgun...you just can't take it with you yet. You get the information on the handgun and take it to the police who will give you a "Letter Of Conveyance" to bring the gun home. You go back with that and pick up your gun, and bring it straight home. You are not allowed to even stop for gas! Once you have the gun and wish to bring it to the gun club, you go back to the police and get another letter of conveyance which will allow you to bring the gun from your home to the club, and back again. While the gun is with you, you are not allowed to make any stops.

So, getting a gun legally in Canada is quite easy. The main reason more people don't have them is that we really don't care! Most Canadians don't see a need for a handgun and don't have that inherent paranoia that many Americans have from being part of a gun culture. Overall, we think of guns as just tools and not as weapons.

For more information, have a look at http://www.canadianlawsite.ca/gunlaws.htm

Buckwheat
06-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Hahahahahahah . . . . The “Snow Mexicans” are pussies! hahahahahahahah :rotflmao1

Hell Puppy
06-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I can appreciate idealism.

But the reality is in the U.S. the criminals have guns. They also have no respect for life or personal property. Any plans to disarm honest law abiding citizens should include a plan to disarm these guys first.

Until then, I'll keep mine, thank you very much.

Paranoid? Yeah, I probably am, I also lock my doors and have a burglar alarm. For some reason, I seem to think not everyone is honest and might decide they want some of my stuff. I know we all work in the adult business and do not know of anyone who would be dishonest, but what the heck.

I have no desire to shoot anyone. But break into my house in the middle of the night, and I will defend myself and my property.

The real issue at the heart of all of this is individual rights, freedoms and responsibility. We live in an increasingly socialist world where people do not want to take care of themselves they expect the government to do it for them. I just do not have that kind of confidence in the government's ability to execute, therefore one of those rights I'm very protective of is my right to defend myself and my property against the criminal element. Sorry, but there's a couple of home invasions a month in my zipcode, and it's not like I live in the ghetto. So from where I sent the government isn't doing a good enough job to feel I should just let them take care of it.

RawAlex
06-29-2008, 01:35 AM
But the reality is in the U.S. the criminals have guns. They also have no respect for life or personal property. Any plans to disarm honest law abiding citizens should include a plan to disarm these guys first.

Just a dumb question, but where did the criminals get their guns? Do they melt down manhole covers and turn them into guns?

softball
06-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I hate to say it, but if you are the victim of a home invasion, your pea shooter will prolly get you killed. It might make you feel better to go down fighting, but you ain't gonna shoot down five or ten guys before they either cap you or take your piece and do you with your own weapon.
I lost my idealism years ago when pragmatism overwhelmed me. This decision is the last gasp of the Bush era to really finally fuck the United States. Legal guns lead to legal killing. Only the collective will of the people should kill people legally. Not a moron with a sixth grade education that "thinks" he is being threatened. Not that anyone here is that guy, but they are allowed to purchase deadly weapons.
And as for those that have an arsenal, have a nice day because there is not one fucking good argument for that shit. None.

Hell Puppy
06-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Just a dumb question, but where did the criminals get their guns? Do they melt down manhole covers and turn them into guns?

Stay on subject. Would a weapons ban make their guns magically disappear or return into the shape of a manhole cover?

Hell Puppy
06-29-2008, 07:12 AM
I hate to say it, but if you are the victim of a home invasion, your pea shooter will prolly get you killed.

That's a bet I would take any day. And no one expects the OK Corral. It's hard to say how many home invasions, robberies, muggings, car jackings, etc are averted merely by having a cowardly thief scared off by a non-victim with a gun. Those do not make the news typically.

In my case, again, I would take that bet. Ya see, I was raised with guns from the time I was kid. I was taught to respect them and handle them safely. I was also taught to shoot them accurately, very accurately. In high school, every saturday morning was spent shooting. Yeah, I know that probably seems foreign to many, target shooting for fun and sport.

And this is why I wont jump in this particular debate more than once a year. It's cultural. Here in the deep south, most males are raised with guns. Hunting is a huge sport.

Redneck values are hard to understand sometimes if you haven't been raised with them or around them. Ya see, most anyone in my family if they knew you were hungry, down on your luck or whatever, they would feed you. If they only had $10 to their name, and they thought your family truly needed it, they'd give you $5 of it.

But, try to enter the house and take it by force or just without asking, and it's a different story. And whatever you do, dont endanger anyone in the family. Even the little old ladies in the family know how to use a shot gun.

I dont expect outsiders and non-gun cultures to get it. And it's just like religion, you'll never change anyone's mind.

RawAlex
06-29-2008, 09:55 AM
..and how many "non-victims" end up dead or wounded because the home invader snatched the gun away from them and used it on them, or perhaps came armed themselves?

Stay on subject. Would a weapons ban make their guns magically disappear or return into the shape of a manhole cover?

Entirely on subject - your are arguing chicken, and I am saying egg. Unchecked gun ownership has caused the problem, so why would you think that even MORE unchecked gun ownership is going to fix the problem?

Toby
06-29-2008, 10:12 AM
You can't put tooth paste back into the tube.

RawAlex
06-29-2008, 10:24 AM
You can't put tooth paste back into the tube.

Nope, but you can stop squeezing.

DannyCox
06-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Here in the deep south, most males are raised with guns. Hunting is a huge sport.

Hunting is also a huge sport in most areas of Canada. Americans are always up here for "real hunting", as they call it. And we do have some of the best hunting in North America. We have the largest moose, elk, caribou, and White Tail & Mule deer. There is also black bear and Grizzly, mountain goat, Big Horn Sheep, and even more. Most, larger and harder to hunt than in the US. Anyone born and raised in a rural community in Canada was brought up with rifles and shotguns, but very few see the point in owning a handgun. To them, it's just a paper weight you can't really do anything with.

This discussion isn't about guns in general, but about hand guns. To see the difference between the US and Canada, just look at the rates of violence with hand guns between the two countries. It's truly a night and day difference. The talk is about protection, but how often do people actually get to a gun during a home invasion? Odds are if you have a gun for protection, and try and use it, you will lose....and how good a shot you think you are on the range just doesn't factor in.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 05:16 PM
No, I think the question is valid. I would ask the same question to a man with 10,000 golf balls. I ask the same question to a friend of mine who owns about 50 cars (half of them real junk). I would ask the same question to someone with 11 TVs in their living room.

How many is a pretty valid question: How many guns do you need for self defence?

As many as I want. But every one of them can do the job, so what's the point of asking?
If I want to "share" my collection with you, I would.
But I find the question more akin to "How many Dollars do you have?"
Why are you asking? Do you want to rob me or something?

How many dollars Do YOU have? I think it's a "valid" question.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 05:19 PM
No you don't. Or at least I don't :yowsa:

Not long guns.....
But Handguns we do. And that's the point of contention here.

sarettah
06-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Handguns are for hunting.....

http://store.vintagepaperads.com/catalog/AB036.jpg

http://store.vintagepaperads.com/catalog/AB038.jpg

sarettah
06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Not long guns.....
But Handguns we do. And that's the point of contention here.

I meant handguns. They do not have to be registered or at least not in all states.

I know that here in Missouri and also down in Florida you are perfectly legal to give a gun (rifle or handgun) as a gift. You do not have to file any paper on it.

Because of the fed regulations, there will probably be paperwork on the original purchase but it can be passed on and on without any additional paper being filed.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
....What scared me was when I was living down in Salt Lake City and Carol and I were walking around West Valley Mall. Here comes Mall Security, which was an 18 year old, pimply faced kid caring a Baretta side arm! I then found out that the son of one of the guys I worked with was intellectually slow yet he also was able to find work as an armed security guard at 19 years old.

I've never believed in actually carrying a gun for self-defense, or keeping a loaded gun in the house. I always thought that people that carry are really just looking for an excuse to use it. The statistics do show that gun cultures like the US have a much higher rate of gun deaths than countries without that culture. We aren't talking a little bit higher, but much, much higher. The US murder rate is almost equal to that of a third world country with a culture of violence!

You're making the point. Pimply faced has it. So we do too. You are right about the culture though. I won't deny that. As I said earlier, Americans don't "bend" well. I know I don't. In 22 years of carrying mine, I've never "looked" for an opportunity to use it. In fact, I've dreaded the though of ever having to. I get upset when I run over a critter on the road. I certainly don't want to kill anyone, or anything.
But, and this is the important point, I don't Ever want to be in the position where MY LIFE is at the whim of psycho. One of my closest friends owns a Pharmacy, and some wacko came in there with a gun to steal drugs. Held him at gunpoint. Dude is out walking the streets today because of the ineffectual law enforcement. And they KNEW who it was. I assure you, that will never happen again. Ever.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 05:27 PM
I meant handguns. They do not have to be registered or at least not in all states.

I know that here in Missouri and also down in Florida you are perfectly legal to give a gun (rifle or handgun) as a gift. You do not have to file any paper on it.

Because of the fed regulations, there will probably be paperwork on the original purchase but it can be passed on and on without any additional paper being filed.

Must be nice.....
:okthumb:

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, Emp you do actually. Iraq and Viet Nam are good examples and you did bend a knee. The fact that you use the term peacenicks says it all, really. What the hell is wrong with peace? Its guys like you that get your entire country into trouble as we have discussed many ties in the past.
Personally, I couldn't give a shit if your entire freeking country was armed to the teeth with these little pop guns. However, we have a mutual border and your "polite" society leaks these things faster than the Titanic taking on water and that effects me.
Here's the deal. If you ever had the balls as a country to automatically tack ten years onto any crime, non negotiable, for use of any fire arm and were willing to pay for said incarceration, I would sleep a little easier because the guys using the guns with bad intentions, would be locked up long enough to make them see the error of their ways and anyone trying it out on some poor doughnut store clerk, would think long and hard.
Until then, all the .357 bravado I am hearing here is just pointless chest beating. I have personally witnessed what small arms fire can actually do to a person and it ain't like the movies.
Y'all can carry tasers if you are that worried about your nasty neighbours.

You are such an idiot. And once again, trying to draw attention away from the issue at hand. The only reason you have "peace," anywhere in the world, is because "Guys like us," are willing to step up when you pussies won't.
How do you make "peace" with a Hitler? With a Saddam Hussein? With a North Korea? With a Khmr Rouge? How did those countries feel when the Iron curtain closed over them? How is "peace" working out for Darfur?
How do people like you stand by and watch that shit, speaking "peace?"
Makes my blood boil. I have ZERO tolerance for rape, murder, and worse of the women and children of the world. If it were up to me, the marines would have already landed. Following a surgical strike of the entire political power structure. Argue your "peace" to those people, pal. All your mealy mouth "sanctions," and "niceties" hasn't done much, now has it? How many have to be tortured and killed?

You live in the shadow of our protection. But for it, you would have been "subjected" long ago. You can squawk about it all you want. We don't expect you to thank us for it. Hell, we don't even expect you to shut up about it. But don't ever imagine we don't all know what the real score is.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 05:43 PM

Sing it brother!
And where do I sign up for THAT plan?
Castle doctrine all the way!

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm not afraid of guns. I am afraid of people like you having them. Lots and lots of them. For no reason other than fear. And foreign guns crossing my border is a problem. I live in a gang town where there are targetted killings weekly if not daily. There is a gang war going on and I would bet you these guys are getting guns stolen from citizens like you and smuggled here.

Guess you best move to the magical land of "peace."
They don't have to get our guns...they can walk in any Canadian home (Which are usually unlocked) and procure the guns at home. No need to cross the border and take a risk.

Let's turn that around? How about YOU secure your weapons a little better, so people don't steal them in your unlocked homes, bring them here, and commit crimes?

RawAlex
06-29-2008, 05:54 PM
As many as I want. But every one of them can do the job, so what's the point of asking?
If I want to "share" my collection with you, I would.
But I find the question more akin to "How many Dollars do you have?"
Why are you asking? Do you want to rob me or something?

How many dollars Do YOU have? I think it's a "valid" question.

My dollars haven't killed anyone and have no potential to do it. So I don't think it is a very relevant question. As soon as you come up with a good use for a handgun that isn't "kill someone" or "threaten to kill someone" then we can start over.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 06:01 PM

"

Ya know, your childish view of the world is comical. It's not a "law," it's a RIGHT. A right that founded this country, and has sustained it through all the world's problems. And, was instrumental in removing a tyrannical ruler, who seemed to think we were something to be exploited.

How quickly we forget.....The "Europeans," as you put them, would not have guns, save for us, and our "war mentality." They would be speaking German, and having No rights. we tried to stay out of that war too, if you recall. But people that didn't believe in peace didn't give us that choice.

sarettah
06-29-2008, 06:02 PM
As soon as you come up with a good use for a handgun that isn't "kill someone" or "threaten to kill someone" then we can start over.

It was ignored when I said it, so I will say it again.

Investment. Every one of my guns has gone up in value and in fact several of them have doubled and tripled in value since I got them. Gun value traditionally only goes up, never down.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 06:04 PM

They get them the same place we do. They buy them. Then they CHOOSE to do wrong. We let them buy milk and eggs, too.

If you take away the guns, they WILL melt the manhole covers...probably into clubs, at first. Then they will CHOOSE to do wrong with them.
Without a hand to operate it, the gun is just as much of a killer as the manhole cover. Don't blame the tool.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
I hate to say it, but if you are the victim of a home invasion, your pea shooter will prolly get you killed. It might make you feel better to go down fighting, but you ain't gonna shoot down five or ten guys before they either cap you or take your piece and do you with your own weapon.
I lost my idealism years ago when pragmatism overwhelmed me. This decision is the last gasp of the Bush era to really finally fuck the United States. Legal guns lead to legal killing. Only the collective will of the people should kill people legally. Not a moron with a sixth grade education that "thinks" he is being threatened. Not that anyone here is that guy, but they are allowed to purchase deadly weapons.
And as for those that have an arsenal, have a nice day because there is not one fucking good argument for that shit. None.

Ummm, it wasn't a "Bush" decision. The decision was made 200+ years ago. It has been the law of the land since then. The only "decision" was a bad one, attempting to override the forefathers ideals, by a bleeding heart peacenik like you. The Supreme court, (NOT Bush, we don't have Kings and Queens here) just reaffirmed, and further clarified the constitutional right. In a likely, vain attempt to keep idiots from trying to limit the constitution.

Personally, I don't want to "kill" anyone. Not alone, and not as a part of a "collective will." Maybe you should re-examine your motives? You juts don't get it, and probably never will. We don't WANT to kill anyone. But we're not afraid to, if necessary.

EmporerEJ
06-29-2008, 08:11 PM
My dollars haven't killed anyone and have no potential to do it. So I don't think it is a very relevant question. As soon as you come up with a good use for a handgun that isn't "kill someone" or "threaten to kill someone" then we can start over.

How naive is that? Just because you don't know it, I'll bet your dollars killed someone, somewhere. Drug raid? Drug war? Robbery? Who knows.....could'a been any of those things.

And my handguns have never been used for those purposes. Look at it this way....my guns were purchased "used." I have removed them from the potential damage stream, so I'm a "steward" of the weapons, keeping them safe.

But you'll spend those dollars, and they might kill someone. How would you know if someone else makes a decision with them after you don't control them anymore?

Nymph
06-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I was born an American, and as such, I am granted certain rights set forth by our founding fathers. Maybe they didn't know what this country would be in 10, 20, or 200 years from when they were written, but I sure as shit wouldn't trust any of the politicians today to sit down to write a new set.

RawAlex
06-29-2008, 11:11 PM
How naive is that? Just because you don't know it, I'll bet your dollars killed someone, somewhere. Drug raid? Drug war? Robbery? Who knows.....could'a been any of those things.

And my handguns have never been used for those purposes. Look at it this way....my guns were purchased "used." I have removed them from the potential damage stream, so I'm a "steward" of the weapons, keeping them safe.

But you'll spend those dollars, and they might kill someone. How would you know if someone else makes a decision with them after you don't control them anymore?

If you really wanted to be safe, wouldn't it be better to grind them up and turn them into something useful? My dollars have endless practical uses, same as a knife or car or any other thing that might also end up being part of someone dying. But it has a useful purpose not related to killing. Guns don't have that, their purpose is kill or threaten kill, nothing more and nothing less.

As a side note, you are only "steward" of the weapon until it is stolen from you, used against you by a family member, or what have you. If you transport it ever by car, the chance that you get carjacked or your car stolen or broken into... there are plenty of ways for your gun to end up in the hands of criminals. You don't control it for life, only while it is in your hand.

helix
06-29-2008, 11:30 PM
The gun argument is always an endless one. Same as religion and political arguments.
If you don't like guns, don't buy one. US residents have a constitutional right to buy - own firearms, and they will exercise their rights. You can even obtain a carry permit (ccw) if you can prove you have a reason to do so and are able to pass a review process (required) to grant you that privilege.

I live in a rural area and handguns as well as rifles are used for hunting, and varmint control. Although it isn't unusual for me to hear gunfire, especially around deer hunting season I don't have any of the gun problems you would normally associate with the big cities. I live in an agricultural area, not Detroit.

Keep in mind that there are stupid people in every country that use firearms to commit violent crimes, no exceptions for any country. Stupid people live in every country on every continent and there is always a "black market" to purchase illegal guns.

Lastly, please remember that not all of America is as depicted/reported on Fox News. After all, according to the press if we visit B.C. there is a good possibility we could have our feet chopped off and thrown in the bay. So.....using that logic we can assume that all of the B.C. Canadians must carry big knives and love to commit violent hack and slash crimes.....right?

Silly argument isn't it?

DannyCox
06-30-2008, 02:35 AM
The only reason you have "peace," anywhere in the world, is because "Guys like us," are willing to step up when you pussies won't.

WOW! What a totally insensitive thing to say. Canadians have fought in every war the US was involved in this past century, and even more that the US stayed away from. The Canadian Armed Forces have been involved in more Peacekeeping missions than any other country in the world, and we have paid dearly for that. We are still the leaders in those types of missions.

Our troops are dying in Afghanistan, and they are only there to support the effort started by the US, and then almost dropped by the US so Bush could get his Iraq fix and get even more Americans killed.

Please think before you post. Our soldiers fight and die, right alongside yours, and have for well over a hundred years. To call them "pussies" is a great insult, and would garner you an immediate slap in the face in person (although, I'd probably get shot)

EmporerEJ
06-30-2008, 02:37 AM
As a side note, you are only "steward" of the weapon until it is stolen from you, used against you by a family member, or what have you. If you transport it ever by car, the chance that you get carjacked or your car stolen or broken into... there are plenty of ways for your gun to end up in the hands of criminals. You don't control it for life, only while it is in your hand.

Keep hoping....It ain't gonna happen. Hasn't happened in the last 2 decades, ain't gonna happen in the next 2.
Just love you "doom and gloom" guys...wanting to blame the tools for your own shortcomings.

DannyCox
06-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Silly argument isn't it?

It actually is, since the statistics fully back up that you stand a much higher chance of suffering from gun violence in the US than in any other "First World" country.

As I said earlier in my posts, I am not against firearms at all. I'm against the rational many people use for possessing those guns. I cringe whenever I hear "self-defense" as that rarely works out well for anyone.

EmporerEJ
06-30-2008, 02:40 AM
WOW! What a totally insensitive thing to say. Canadians have fought in every war the US was involved in this past century, and even more that the US stayed away from. The Canadian Armed Forces have been involved in more Peacekeeping missions than any other country in the world, and we have paid dearly for that. We are still the leaders in those types of missions.

Our troops are dying in Afghanistan, and they are only there to support the effort started by the US, and then almost dropped by the US so Bush could get his Iraq fix and get even more Americans killed.

Please think before you post. Our soldiers fight and die, right alongside yours, and have for well over a hundred years. To call them "pussies" is a great insult, and would garner you an immediate slap in the face in person (although, I'd probably get shot)

Sorry Danny.....not directed at all Canucks. Just the "pussy peaceniks."
:waving:

bluemoney
06-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Just a bit more fuel for the fire!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b18_1212548777

RawAlex
06-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Sorry Danny.....not directed at all Canucks. Just the "pussy peaceniks."
:waving:

Nice try. If this was GFY, you would get an "epic fail" for that post. Actually, you sound like one of those "reporters" on Fox "news"...if we don't agree with you, throw out the most extreme insult possible and make us argue from way over there.

Your personal possession of a handgun has nothing to do with war or peace. If it did, you would have less argument from most people. if you were actually helping to repel an invading force, or kill terrorists in the streets, you might actually have support.

You aren't doing any of that, so why support you?

Nobody here has addressed my simple questions: Outside of killing or threatening to kill, what use is a hand gun? Where do criminals get handguns from?

It isn't about war, or being a peacenik or anything like that. Focus. I know you can do it.

sarettah
06-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Nobody here has addressed my simple questions: Outside of killing or threatening to kill, what use is a hand gun?

Post #61 in this thread:

Re: Americans: You have te right to bear arms

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex
As soon as you come up with a good use for a handgun that isn't "kill someone" or "threaten to kill someone" then we can start over.

It was ignored when I said it, so I will say it again.

Investment. Every one of my guns has gone up in value and in fact several of them have doubled and tripled in value since I got them. Gun value traditionally only goes up, never down

But don't let fact get in the way of a good whine :okthumb:

RawAlex
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Post #61 in this thread:

But don't let fact get in the way of a good whine :okthumb:

"investment" isn't a very good reason. I have no doubt that there are plenty of other things you could have invested in that would give a good return as well, without risking the safety of your family or neighbors.

After all, if investment was the reason to buy a gun, you would have them in a safety deposit box and not in the drawer next to your bed.

sarettah
06-30-2008, 11:54 AM
"investment" isn't a very good reason. I have no doubt that there are plenty of other things you could have invested in that would give a good return as well, without risking the safety of your family or neighbors.

After all, if investment was the reason to buy a gun, you would have them in a safety deposit box and not in the drawer next to your bed.

Investment is actually a great reason to buy guns. They are a commodity just like anything else but they never go down, always up. Mine are usually in a gun safe as a matter of fact, they have never been in a drawer next to my bed..lol. I don't have a drawer next to my bed.

As far as home protection goes a shotgun beats the shit out of any handgun. My wife's weapon of choice is an M1, again, not a handgun.

But handguns go up a lot quicker in value so are a better investment in my opinion, although the M1 has gone up in value about 300% as the WWII vintage get harder to find. A Girand in particular would be a great investment opportunity.

EmporerEJ
06-30-2008, 01:21 PM

And in addition to his VERY valid reason, I said, "Because I want one." And when did I require a reason to exercise a right?
I'm sure everything YOU do is for a civilization saving "reason," eh?

This is exactly what you don't get. NO REASON IS NECESSARY.
It's a GUARANTEED right. You don't Have to answer to someone for it.
Now, you get back to asking "mother may I," to the queen, and your government.

RawAlex
06-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Investment is actually a great reason to buy guns. They are a commodity just like anything else but they never go down, always up. Mine are usually in a gun safe as a matter of fact, they have never been in a drawer next to my bed..lol. I don't have a drawer next to my bed.

As far as home protection goes a shotgun beats the shit out of any handgun. My wife's weapon of choice is an M1, again, not a handgun.

But handguns go up a lot quicker in value so are a better investment in my opinion, although the M1 has gone up in value about 300% as the WWII vintage get harder to find. A Girand in particular would be a great investment opportunity.

Okay, now... dumb question: If huge numbers of guns are produced each year (millions in the US) why would they go up in value? Rarity is usually an indication of increasing value, but if everyone is being good citizens such as yourself and locking them and not leaving them lying around to be stolen, why would they ever go up in price?

I can understand the idea of very rare (vintage) weapons, say from the civil war, having some clear value, but I cannot picture why a standard .38 revolver (that literally millions of copies have been made of) would be worth anything...

EJ, you miss the point again (I think you are purposely going there). I am not asking you the legal question, but the moral one. Why do you need a gun? I find it hard that you cannot understand that criminals got their handguns from somewhere... so the issue most gun owners use to justify purchase (for protection!) is just feeding the fire a little more.

Perhaps if every adult in the US was required to pay an extra $500 (price of a decent handgun) to the local police force each year, they could do more protecting for you. Perhaps if the gun lobby wasn't so strong, there would be an automatic life imprisonment for anyone commiting a felony with a handgun. Perhaps one day people like you might see that their love of weapons is in fact the reason they are needed.

EmporerEJ
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
EJ, you miss the point again (I think you are purposely going there). I am not asking you the legal question, but the moral one. Why do you need a gun? I find it hard that you cannot understand that criminals got their handguns from somewhere... so the issue most gun owners use to justify purchase (for protection!) is just feeding the fire a little more.

Moral question? Why is it a "Moral Question?" Why are you a pornographer? If want to start talking "Morals?"

I don't see it as a "moral" question, so I don't have a "moral" answer for you? I did give very sound reasons earlier.....as if I needed a reason, but I did answer.

Simply put, because THEY have them. "They," as in any one that would want to subject me or mine to their will in whatever form offends me. A Gun puts me on equal footing with the "bad guys."
The genie is out of the bottle, and "they" have them.
Let me give you something to think about.....had it been possible for Americans to carry guns on planes, do you really think 2 of them would have crashed into the towers? That happened because the terrorist counted on a passive response from crew and passengers. And they (The terrorists) knew they had "Superior weapons."
The plane that crashed here in Pennsylvania would certainly have turned out differently, had the people that fought back had suitable weapons to neutralize the terrorists. They tried, but were without the necessary tools. They DID stop the plane from crashing into Washington. Had they been "peaceniks," and not "angry Americans," we would have had a greater tragedy, wouldn't we?
There's an argument for arming every American. Why don't Israeli Airlines get Hijacked? Armed air Marshals. Or don't you think police should have guns, either?

ali25extreme
06-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I am in the market to purchase a weapon for protection I was thinking of getting a Ruger mark III .22 calibur. I am use to firing rifles; m14, m16, and other assault rifles, I have fired the glock 45 and it had a kick to it, but I was very accurate with it, just not a good feel for my size! Any suggestions?

Toby
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Tastes Great!

Less Filling

bluemoney
06-30-2008, 04:21 PM
I am in the market to purchase a weapon for protection I was thinking of getting a Ruger mark III .22 calibur. I am use to firing rifles; m14, m16, and other assault rifles, I have fired the glock 45 and it had a kick to it, but I was very accurate with it, just not a good feel for my size! Any suggestions?Taurus Model 22 .22LR Pistol in Nickel with Gold Accents and Pink Mother of Pearl Grips Special Edition

http://www.hyattgunstore.com/tamo222piinn1.html

It's "purddy too"

RawAlex
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
There's an argument for arming every American. Why don't Israeli Airlines get Hijacked? Armed air Marshals. Or don't you think police should have guns, either?

Back to junior high debate club time. I won't answer this because it is totally meaningless. The need or want for a police office to be armed in no way bolsters the idea that everyone walking down the street should be armed. That would just take us back to the wild west where the local sheriff and the local undertaker were the two busiest people in almost any town. Actually, I think parts of the US are already there.

Hell Puppy
06-30-2008, 06:58 PM
You'll all be happy to know that those of us in Georgia with concealed weapons permits can now pack our heaters in restaurants that serve alcohol, on public transit and in state parks.

Pity the poor bastard that tries to rape me or gonzo while out hiking now.

RawAlex
06-30-2008, 07:02 PM
You'll all be happy to know that those of us in Georgia with concealed weapons permits can now pack our heaters in restaurants that serve alcohol, on public transit and in state parks.

just hope like hell that the guy having the 4 martini lunch next to you isn't packing and pissed off about your table manners.

Nymph
06-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Taurus Model 22 .22LR Pistol in Nickel with Gold Accents and Pink Mother of Pearl Grips Special Edition

It's "purddy too"

That reminds me of the time I went to the gun show in Dayton with my husband. A man comes up to us looks at me, and says here's a nice little gun for a little lady...it was a 22.

My husband had to escort me quickly away from him before I bitch slapped him.

Toby
06-30-2008, 08:11 PM
...My husband had to escort me quickly away from him before I bitch slapped him.That's where things are bit different here in the South. We'd have just stepped out of the way, made sure we had your back, then watched as you ripped him a new asshole.

RawAlex
06-30-2008, 08:36 PM
That reminds me of the time I went to the gun show in Dayton with my husband. A man comes up to us looks at me, and says here's a nice little gun for a little lady...it was a 22.

My husband had to escort me quickly away from him before I bitch slapped him.

Wouldn't that be a good time to pull out your .22 and prove it is effective?

Toby
06-30-2008, 08:47 PM
C'mon now, I know you don't really think most people in that situation would even consider that an option.

Besides, a good bitch-slapping is far more embarrassing making it much more likely that the life lesson will be remembered.

Nymph
06-30-2008, 08:54 PM

I don't have a 22, my gun is a 357, and I don't pack it with me. You are generalizing about me just like that small minded little man did.

RawAlex
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM
C'mon now, I know you don't really think most people in that situation would even consider that an option.

Besides, a good bitch-slapping is far more embarrassing making it much more likely that the life lesson will be remembered.

Toby, the point is this: Not everyone in the US is as capable of good judgement as you or Nymph might be able to exercise. Her so called "small minded man" might also be small minded enough to settle things with flying bullets instead of flying fists, example.

If the gun is present, there is potential for it's use. If there are no guns present, there is no chance they will get used (obviously!).

Toby
06-30-2008, 09:00 PM
If the gun is present, there is potential for it's use. If there are no guns present, there is no chance they will get used (obviously!).
Drunk drivers kill far more people than handguns, but I don't see anyone seriously trying to ban the sale of cars or alcohol. Your arguments simply don't hold up.

Since I know you'll ask, here are some hard numbers. 2005 was the most recent year that I could find National numbers for both without wasting a ton of time.

Alcohol related auto fatalities - 16,885 (source - CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/drving.htm))
Handgun related homicides - 8,478 (source - DOJ) (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/weaponstab.htm)

bluemoney
06-30-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't have a 22, my gun is a 357, and I don't pack it with me. You are generalizing about me just like that small minded little man did.So lets see . . . you like porn & firearms. If like watching the NFL you will be on my "too good to be true" list. Oh yeah, and you will make my penis hard.

PS. I only suggested a .22 for "Babycakes" because that's what she seemed to be in the market for.

Buckwheat
06-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Most likely one of them goddamn snow Mexicans!

Nymph
06-30-2008, 09:15 PM
So lets see . . . you like porn & firearms. If like watching the NFL you will be on my "too good to be true" list. Oh yeah, and you will make my penis hard.

PS. I only suggested a .22 for "Babycakes" because that's what she seemed to be in the market for.

Can we switch NFL for Nascar? Don't forget, I like to cook too ;)

bluemoney
06-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Can we switch NFL for Nascar? Don't forget, I like to cook too ;)
:boohoo:Damn, so close!

I still :inlove: you :wub:

Buckwheat
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
:boohoo:Damn, so close!

I still :inlove: you :wub:
Oh GOD! Get a room nigga!

helix
06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Interesting statistics (http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/cdic-mcc/19-1/d_e.html ) courtesy of the Public Health Agency Canada

http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/3D/BE/3DBEF4F805283D.jpg

DannyCox
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):

............................ Homicide ... Suicide ... Other (inc Accident)

USA (2001) ............... 3.98 ........ 5.92 ..... 0.36
Italy (1997) .............. 0.81 ........ 1.1 ....... 0.07
Switzerland (1998) ..... 0.50 ........ 5.8 ....... 0.10
Canada (2002) ........... 0.4 ......... 2.0 ....... 0.04
Finland (2003) ........... 0.35 ........ 4.45 ...... 0.10
Australia (2001) ......... 0.24 ........ 1.34 ..... 0.10
France (2001) ........... 0.21 ......... 3.4 ...... 0.49
England/Wales (2002) . 0.15 ......... 0.2 ...... 0.03
Scotland (2002) ......... 0.06 ......... 0.2 ...... 0.02
Japan (2002) ............. 0.02 ......... 0.04 ..... 0

Data taken from Cukier and Sidel (2006) The Global Gun Epidemic. Praeger Security International. Westport.

I just love how the statistcs show just how well gun ownership protects you from harm in the US! So keep on carrying as the odds that you will get shot are 10 times higher for you than for me :)

Darwin really was right!

DannyCox
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Interesting statistics (http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/cdic-mcc/19-1/d_e.html ) courtesy of the Public Health Agency Canada

http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/truveo/images/thumbnails/3D/BE/3DBEF4F805283D.jpg

But don't you just love the point, "145 were killed with firearms in homicides," that really does put Toby's amount of 8,478 into perspective!

helix
06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Another really scary weapon related issue is the use of tasers by law enforcement on the public. Tasers are responsible for many deaths/heart damage. The law enforcement agencies here in the states and Canada are too willing to use the supposed "non-lethal" energy weapons unnecessarily on the public imo. These energy weapons are far more lethal (sometimes days after use) than they are admitting. Taser finally lost their first lawsuit (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080610/taser_lawsuit_080610/20080610?hub=World&s_name=) for wrongful death.

http://tasertimes.com/ <-- taser news aggregator

RawAlex
07-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Drunk drivers kill far more people than handguns, but I don't see anyone seriously trying to ban the sale of cars or alcohol. Your arguments simply don't hold up.

Since I know you'll ask, here are some hard numbers. 2005 was the most recent year that I could find National numbers for both without wasting a ton of time.

Alcohol related auto fatalities - 16,885 (source - CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/drving.htm))
Handgun related homicides - 8,478 (source - DOJ) (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/tables/weaponstab.htm)

Sorry Toby, but when you can explain to me how many people got to work driving their guns or how many people picked up a girl in a bar because they drank their guns or whatnot, this argument is ALWAYS a non-starter.

It gets back to my point: Guns have two purposes, kill or threaten to kill. 100% of the use of guns is to inflict pain and suffering. 99.99% of all miles driving in a car (and 99% of all people who have a drink) aren't killers or threatening to kill anyone.

it is the same worn out logic as to knives, axes, pens, rope, and about a million other things that can use used to kill someone. The point isn't that they can kill, because all you need to kill are your fists (let's cut everyone's hands off!). The point is that all of those items have good and valid uses that don't involve killing other people.

NRA member?

gonzo
07-01-2008, 10:21 AM
just hope like hell that the guy having the 4 martini lunch next to you isn't packing and pissed off about your table manners.
He probably isnt.
He drinks martinis...

ali25extreme
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Taurus Model 22 .22LR Pistol in Nickel with Gold Accents and Pink Mother of Pearl Grips Special Edition

It's "purddy too"

Too girly for me...:scratchin Not my style...but thanks! I think that I just need to take a trip to the gun shop and look at them.

RawAlex
07-01-2008, 11:25 AM
He probably isnt.
He drinks martinis...

He probably has the girly .22 with the pink handles in his bra.

gonzo
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
He probably has the girly .22 with the pink handles in his bra.

All debate aside. I never have understood why anyone carries a .22 pistol.
Its kind of like a large 2 shot derringer.

More of a get off of my gun that youd have to put right up against a thugs head to get his attention. Otherwise youd just piss him off even if you did hit him.

I remember when I got that gun we called it the derringer of death. It totally mangles your hand when you fire it.

I dont miss those days much. Making less than 30K a year, hanging out in shitty places and working shitty hours.

Cops and teachers truely are the most underpaid professionals in the world.

RawAlex
07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Gonzo, I think that .22s falls in that category of "threaten to kill". Visibly it is a gun, and for most people, all guns are deadly. It is something to pull out when you want to look way more deadly than you are. Possibly the next step up from a BB gun?

sarettah
07-01-2008, 01:04 PM
.22's are the weapon of choice for assassination.

The bullet does a whole lot more damage bouncing around inside of someone then a larger more powerful bullet does by just going right through someone.

Hell Puppy
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
88% of statistics are made up.

Toby
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
88% of statistics are made up.

90% of all statistics can be made to say absolutely anything, 50% of the time.

softball
07-01-2008, 11:25 PM
You are such an idiot. And once again, trying to draw attention away from the issue at hand. The only reason you have "peace," anywhere in the world, is because "Guys like us," are willing to step up when you pussies won't.
How do you make "peace" with a Hitler? With a Saddam Hussein? With a North Korea? With a Khmr Rouge? How did those countries feel when the Iron curtain closed over them? How is "peace" working out for Darfur?
How do people like you stand by and watch that shit, speaking "peace?"
Makes my blood boil. I have ZERO tolerance for rape, murder, and worse of the women and children of the world. If it were up to me, the marines would have already landed. Following a surgical strike of the entire political power structure. Argue your "peace" to those people, pal. All your mealy mouth "sanctions," and "niceties" hasn't done much, now has it? How many have to be tortured and killed?

You live in the shadow of our protection. But for it, you would have been "subjected" long ago. You can squawk about it all you want. We don't expect you to thank us for it. Hell, we don't even expect you to shut up about it. But don't ever imagine we don't all know what the real score is.

How do you make "peace" with a Hitler?
Well we were there first trying to kill that mother fucker while "you" were making money out of the whole thing. It was only when you got your ass pricked at pearl, did you dare to jump in. We were getting killed. You were dancing to Glen Miller. So shut the fuck up, cracker. And no we do not live under your umbrella of protection, we live under the threat of retribution by those who would fuck you up. Just remember when you guys were so scared on 9/11 you would have let all your airliners crash and burn, just in case....we saved their American asses. Or did that thought escape you. Don't fuck with your friends and don't try and bully them or they may turn and bite you on the bum. Fucking ignorant wanker. Learn your place in the world and deal with it. You are a dying breed and for very good reason.
The only reason your gas isn't double the price is because of NAFTA and I fucking hate that. Fortunately water is not protected by NAFTA, and that is way more valuable than oil. Then whatcha gonno do, loudmouth?

softball
07-01-2008, 11:27 PM
90% of all statistics can be made to say absolutely anything, 50% of the time.
I heard it was 100 per cent. At least that's the impression I get from MADD

RawAlex
07-01-2008, 11:36 PM
The only reason your gas isn't double the price is because of NAFTA and I fucking hate that. Fortunately water is not protected by NAFTA, and that is way more valuable than oil. Then whatcha gonno do, loudmouth?

I suspect that is when the right to bear arms will turn into the right to invade Canada.

softball
07-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I suspect that is when the right to bear arms will turn into the right to invade Canada.
Guys like Emp always consider that as an option. But it is impossible. We have way too many friends. It comes with being reasonable which Emp misinterprets for weakness. Never threaten what you cannot deliver. Just like Emp has been promising his jerk off device for the last ten years and nobody uses it. His ego is writing checks his body can't cash.

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I am in the market to purchase a weapon for protection I was thinking of getting a Ruger mark III .22 calibur. I am use to firing rifles; m14, m16, and other assault rifles, I have fired the glock 45 and it had a kick to it, but I was very accurate with it, just not a good feel for my size! Any suggestions?

Is this for carry?

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Back to junior high debate club time. I won't answer this because it is totally meaningless. The need or want for a police office to be armed in no way bolsters the idea that everyone walking down the street should be armed. That would just take us back to the wild west where the local sheriff and the local undertaker were the two busiest people in almost any town. Actually, I think parts of the US are already there.

You watch too many movies, and too much TV. Automobiles are far more deadly weapons. And we give those out to 16 year olds.

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):

............................ Homicide ... Suicide ... Other (inc Accident)

USA (2001) ............... 3.98 ........ 5.92 ..... 0.36
Italy (1997) .............. 0.81 ........ 1.1 ....... 0.07
Switzerland (1998) ..... 0.50 ........ 5.8 ....... 0.10
Canada (2002) ........... 0.4 ......... 2.0 ....... 0.04
Finland (2003) ........... 0.35 ........ 4.45 ...... 0.10
Australia (2001) ......... 0.24 ........ 1.34 ..... 0.10
France (2001) ........... 0.21 ......... 3.4 ...... 0.49
England/Wales (2002) . 0.15 ......... 0.2 ...... 0.03
Scotland (2002) ......... 0.06 ......... 0.2 ...... 0.02
Japan (2002) ............. 0.02 ......... 0.04 ..... 0

Data taken from Cukier and Sidel (2006) The Global Gun Epidemic. Praeger Security International. Westport.

I just love how the statistcs show just how well gun ownership protects you from harm in the US! So keep on carrying as the odds that you will get shot are 10 times higher for you than for me :)

Darwin really was right!

See? So why are so worried about us and our guns?
We're advancing your agenda for you.

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Sorry Toby, but when you can explain to me how many people got to work driving their guns or how many people picked up a girl in a bar because they drank their guns or whatnot, this argument is ALWAYS a non-starter.

It gets back to my point: Guns have two purposes, kill or threaten to kill. 100% of the use of guns is to inflict pain and suffering. 99.99% of all miles driving in a car (and 99% of all people who have a drink) aren't killers or threatening to kill anyone.

it is the same worn out logic as to knives, axes, pens, rope, and about a million other things that can use used to kill someone. The point isn't that they can kill, because all you need to kill are your fists (let's cut everyone's hands off!). The point is that all of those items have good and valid uses that don't involve killing other people.

NRA member?

Sometimes, a thing is necessary.
M.A.D. seems to have worked, now didn't it?

Not sure Hitler would have stopped for a Beer. Or did you imagine the Japanese wouldn't have come down through Alaska, and invaded Canada, had they not been stopped?
Where you going to through beer at them? Fortunately for you, you never had to find out. Your American Neighbors saved your ass.

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Well we were there first trying to kill that mother fucker while "you" were making money out of the whole thing. It was only when you got your ass pricked at pearl, did you dare to jump in. We were getting killed. You were dancing to Glen Miller. So shut the fuck up, cracker. And no we do not live under your umbrella of protection, we live under the threat of retribution by those who would fuck you up. Just remember when you guys were so scared on 9/11 you would have let all your airliners crash and burn, just in case....we saved their American asses. Or did that thought escape you. Don't fuck with your friends and don't try and bully them or they may turn and bite you on the bum. Fucking ignorant wanker. Learn your place in the world and deal with it. You are a dying breed and for very good reason.

:rotflmao1:lmao1::rofl:

It's got to be the cold that makes you think these things, right? Maybe the O2 depravation?
I think the best bet is you just stay up there.

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 01:49 PM

Invade? Why?
We get it for the asking. Invasion isn't necessary.

softball
07-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Sometimes, a thing is necessary.
M.A.D. seems to have worked, now didn't it?

Not sure Hitler would have stopped for a Beer. Or did you imagine the Japanese wouldn't have come down through Alaska, and invaded Canada, had they not been stopped?
Where you going to through beer at them? Fortunately for you, you never had to find out. Your American Neighbors saved your ass.
You silly boy. If it wasn't for our American neighbours, we wouldn't have had the Japanese to worry about. They invaded you. Or did this little thought escape you? You prolly read about the time when you were dragged kicking and screaming...yet again....into a major conflict. In fact the only two major conflicts you have been involved in, you came in late while we along with anyone else with a conscience were doing our best to stop evil in its tracks. I hope you feel safe with your peashooter that someone could take off you in a heartbeat and pop a cap in your sorry ass.

softball
07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh yeah.... and MAD? The jury is still out on that. It is currently still in effect, but if it does fail, and it just might, we won't have to worry about it. You really fire from the hip without a thought about reality, don't you emp. I guess that is why the whole world isn't jerking off in your cow milkers yet.

softball
07-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Hahahahahahah . . . . The “Snow Mexicans” are pussies! hahahahahahahah :rotflmao1

I think you mean snow niggers, don't you?

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Guys like Emp always consider that as an option. But it is impossible. We have way too many friends. It comes with being reasonable which Emp misinterprets for weakness. Never threaten what you cannot deliver. Just like Emp has been promising his jerk off device for the last ten years and nobody uses it. His ego is writing checks his body can't cash.

No, you're weak. But it's OK. We like your country anyhow.
I am still pissed that I was banned from Canadian TV.
So much for Canadian tolerance.

http://www.cbsc.ca/english/decisions/2007/070404.php

But I still like Canada.
Good bread.
No American Cheese, but we can fix that.

As for the device, you're absolutely right. Nothing to see here, move along. I'm sure there are much better ways for all you fellas to make money. I encourage you to explore them all.

softball
07-04-2008, 02:11 PM
No, you're weak. But it's OK. We like your country anyhow.
I am still pissed that I was banned from Canadian TV.
So much for Canadian tolerance.

http://www.cbsc.ca/english/decisions/2007/070404.php

But I still like Canada.
Good bread.
No American Cheese, but we can fix that.

As for the device, you're absolutely right. Nothing to see here, move along. I'm sure there are much better ways for all you fellas to make money. I encourage you to explore them all.
Oh I am sure we are. But for a gun toting redneck, you sure do walk tall. Funny, when a bunch a freeking ragheads in the desert have you garrisoned and defeated and a bunch a freeking mountain toe rags are killing you at alarming rates, even with our help. When the Russians are biding their time and rearming at evenmore alarming rates and the Chinese have you in an economic pickle, you still crow like a washed up cock in a roost. There is a deeper sand pile around the corner when your head outgrows your current premises.
And as far as swinging your military dick, I do believe you have never had the privilege of serving. You would never risk your fraidy ass when real hot lead was flying.
But hey Smith and Wesson made you a big boy.....not. Its armchair wankers like you that send your kids off to do your dirty work then let them molder in crumbling va hospitals when they meet the misfortune that you never cared to risk.

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Oh yeah.... and MAD? The jury is still out on that. It is currently still in effect, but if it does fail, and it just might, we won't have to worry about it. You really fire from the hip without a thought about reality, don't you emp. I guess that is why the whole world isn't jerking off in your cow milkers yet.

You make the point Jackass. "Jury still out?" That means it is working.
And I'm pretty sure, after 50+ years, we can send the jury home.

But then, judging by Canada's Jury system, compared to ours, you may not understand what "Jury is still out," actually means to an American.

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 02:35 PM
You silly boy. If it wasn't for our American neighbours, we wouldn't have had the Japanese to worry about. They invaded you. Or did this little thought escape you? You prolly read about the time when you were dragged kicking and screaming...yet again....into a major conflict. In fact the only two major conflicts you have been involved in, you came in late while we along with anyone else with a conscience were doing our best to stop evil in its tracks. I hope you feel safe with your peashooter that someone could take off you in a heartbeat and pop a cap in your sorry ass.

So, let me get this right....on one hand, you condem us for trying to stay OUT of World war 2, until you had all but lost it, and then, you condem us on the other hand for acting proactively against other ills in the world?
I think you just like to complain about what we do. You should just concentrate on yourself, and stop worrying about what we do.
You don't see us bitching about your action, or, should I say, inaction, now do you?

How would you feel if the marines landed in Darfur?

softball
07-04-2008, 02:38 PM
You make the point Jackass. "Jury still out?" That means it is working.
And I'm pretty sure, after 50+ years, we can send the jury home.

But then, judging by Canada's Jury system, compared to ours, you may not understand what "Jury is still out," actually means to an American.
And why would I care about your interpretation of juries? The point is, you dodge every respone I post apart from the few you cherry pick. You know you are rhetorically out gunned...hush my mouth, did I say that. Emp, you are a free spirit in a white trash world. I have to admire you for your bluster and ignorance in the face of cold reality. I bet you still vote Republican because they kick ass around the world and sure do know how to run a country. And don't give me that Libertarian bull shit. It is the last line of defense of the rats deserting the Fascist ship. At least have the courage to admit you were wrong when you voted for Bush to go kick some Arab ass. LMFAO

EmporerEJ
07-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh I am sure we are. But for a gun toting redneck, you sure do walk tall. Funny, when a bunch a freeking ragheads in the desert have you garrisoned and defeated and a bunch a freeking mountain toe rags are killing you at alarming rates, even with our help. When the Russians are biding their time and rearming at evenmore alarming rates and the Chinese have you in an economic pickle, you still crow like a washed up cock in a roost. There is a deeper sand pile around the corner when your head outgrows your current premises.
And as far as swinging your military dick, I do believe you have never had the privilege of serving. You would never risk your fraidy ass when real hot lead was flying.
But hey Smith and Wesson made you a big boy.....not. Its armchair wankers like you that send your kids off to do your dirty work then let them molder in crumbling va hospitals when they meet the misfortune that you never cared to risk.

You sir, are either a coward, or a traitor.
To take pleasure of, and make light of, the killing of our soldiers, and Canada's own, you have clearly shown where your loyalties lie.
Talking at you is a waste of screen.

softball
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM
You sir, are either a coward, or a traitor.
To take pleasure of, and make light of, the killing of our soldiers, and Canada's own, you have clearly shown where your loyalties lie.
Talking at you is a waste of screen.
Rhetoric won't save your sorry ass on this one. Nice try though...sort of. Back to the milking machine. Emp, you crack me up when you fall apart. I see in your profile you consider yourself somewhat of a writer. Perhaps it is time to find a better day job.

bluemoney
07-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm done reading this thread . . . let me know when the movie comes out:corn:

softball
07-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm done reading this thread . . . let me know when the movie comes out:corn:
You will read about it on CNN when Emp shoots himself in the foot loading his peashooter to defend his castle against Americans.

EmporerEJ
07-05-2008, 03:02 AM
You will read about it on CNN when Emp shoots himself in the foot loading his peashooter to defend his castle against Americans.

Ya know, every time I think there is hope for you, and start replying to some inane comment you've made, I think "Ya know, I'm just talking to a jackass."

Even the very rare time when you say anything neutral never lasts. Ultimately, you head right over to idiot land.

I just have to stop paying attention to you.

Gonzo? Is there a way to turn off certain person's comments, as was referred to about GFY's board?
It's long past time to turn off rhetoric. I'd really like to do that if possible.
The rest of you can deal with him, he's just a waste of time.

softball
07-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Ya know, every time I think there is hope for you, and start replying to some inane comment you've made, I think "Ya know, I'm just talking to a jackass."

Even the very rare time when you say anything neutral never lasts. Ultimately, you head right over to idiot land.

I just have to stop paying attention to you.

Gonzo? Is there a way to turn off certain person's comments, as was referred to about GFY's board?
It's long past time to turn off rhetoric. I'd really like to do that if possible.
The rest of you can deal with him, he's just a waste of time.
You see, Emp, I think your posts are right wing, fascist crap. I could say the same thing about you. You are well over the deep end and guys like you carry weapons way more dangerous than that Saturday night special you pack in your cowboy boot. You have a vote. And look at the mess the world is in when you use it. I maybe vociferous, but you are dangerous. So, IMHO, your posts are whacko, flippo, and sometimes outrageous. I could put you on ignore. You could do the same. Be my guest. But your curiosity will get the better of you. It always does. Take responsiblilty for your life. Just don't read what I post. You don't need others to make that decision for you. Just Say No.

EmporerEJ
07-06-2008, 03:48 AM
You see, Emp, I think your posts are right wing, fascist crap. I could say the same thing about you. You are well over the deep end and guys like you carry weapons way more dangerous than that Saturday night special you pack in your cowboy boot. You have a vote. And look at the mess the world is in when you use it. I maybe vociferous, but you are dangerous. So, IMHO, your posts are whacko, flippo, and sometimes outrageous. I could put you on ignore. You could do the same. Be my guest. But your curiosity will get the better of you. It always does. Take responsiblilty for your life. Just don't read what I post. You don't need others to make that decision for you. Just Say No.

I know what you think about my opinions. I just don't care. And that's right, I HAVE a vote. You don't. I think you are a frustrated Canadian. You WANT to be an American, but you know you can't, so you despise us. I've seen that attitude from up there, and I understand it's a stereotype.
Quite honestly, I never had anything to do with Canada before I was in the adult online biz. (Beyond the odd coin that would show up in my vending machines.)

I like Canada just fine, and most Canadians, just not you.
And no, my curiosity will NOT get the better of me. I would be quite content to never see another post of yours.

softball
07-06-2008, 09:33 AM
And that's right, I HAVE a vote. You don't. I think you are a frustrated Canadian. You WANT to be an American, but you know you can't, so you despise us. I've seen that attitude from up there, and I understand it's a stereotype.
WTF are you talking about? Of course I have a vote. I actually have two votes. One in England and one in Canada. I don't despise Americans. I like Americans. I just dislike ugly conservative ignorant Americans (same for ugly conservative ignorant Canadians, Brits, French....etc.) I was married to an American woman and could easily have had my US citizenship and lived a happy life in Seattle, so once again, my egotistical overinflated American friend, you shoot yourself in the foot. Another argument for gun control. Now go and slither back into your "factory" and get to work and help out your troubled economy and forget about firing non sequturs like they are bullets. Your aim is lousy.

EmporerEJ
07-06-2008, 12:52 PM
WTF are you talking about? Of course I have a vote. I actually have two votes. One in England and one in Canada. I don't despise Americans. I like Americans. I just dislike ugly conservative ignorant Americans (same for ugly conservative ignorant Canadians, Brits, French....etc.) I was married to an American woman and could easily have had my US citizenship and lived a happy life in Seattle, so once again, my egotistical overinflated American friend, you shoot yourself in the foot. Another argument for gun control. Now go and slither back into your "factory" and get to work and help out your troubled economy and forget about firing non sequturs like they are bullets. Your aim is lousy.

With you, it always degenerates into personal attacks. At the end of the day, that's all you have.
2 votes in monarchies do not equal one vote in an American Democracy.

DannyCox
07-06-2008, 03:38 PM

Monarchies?? We don't live in Saudi Arabia or Swaziland!!

We're a Commonwealth Realm with the monarch as just a ceremonial figurehead but holding no legal or official status.

Actually the US with it's individual head of state is closer to the concept of monarchy that we are. We have a party in power who's leader is the Prime Minister and only holds power for as long as his party allows it. It does keep thing much more democratic and he can't "veto" things or act on his own like your President can. We can also toss him quite easily if we feel he isn't doing his job. We don't need to wait 4 years for that, but can do it whenever we feel he isn't doing the right thing. It is a true democratic process. As has been illustrated by the last seven and a half years, you guys have a dictator who does what he likes, even when it's fully against the will of the majority of the people. I've never really found that to be overly democratic.

RawAlex
07-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Unlimited democracy is in the end just as dangerous (and useless) as unlimited socialism.

The right to bear arms is the right to infringe on everyone else's security. But unlimited democracy brings unlimited selfishness, it seems.

softball
07-06-2008, 04:54 PM
With you, it always degenerates into personal attacks. At the end of the day, that's all you have.
You arrogant little prick. You didn't invent democracy. I live in a country with more freedom than you and we actually elect our representatives, not an electoral college. You are everything the world dislikes about Americans. Arrogant. Uneducated. Ugly. Dude, you don't have a leg to stand on.
Before anyone goes berserk.....I am pointing out that Emp is a stereotype that is disdained around the world.
Britain and Canada have a figure head queen. You, who have no idea about the world, have no idea what I am talking about, though I would assume most here would. I have a feeling you refer to the sixth grade as your senior and you skipped every social studies and geography class the other five years. What ignorant fucking crap.

softball
07-06-2008, 04:55 PM

We're a Commonwealth Realm with the monarch as just a ceremonial figurehead but holding no legal or official status.

Actually the US with it's individual head of state is closer to the concept of monarchy that we are. We have a party in power who's leader is the Prime Minister and only holds power for as long as his party allows it. It does keep thing much more democratic and he can't "veto" things or act on his own like your President can. We can also toss him quite easily if we feel he isn't doing his job. We don't need to wait 4 years for that, but can do it whenever we feel he isn't doing the right thing. It is a true democratic process. As has been illustrated by the last seven and a half years, you guys have a dictator who does what he likes, even when it's fully against the will of the majority of the people. I've never really found that to be overly democratic.
I find it pathetic that you have to actually explain this to educated people.

Gerco
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
What's all the arguing about over this. I think is basically point of view dependent on your location. I grew up in rural North Dakota. Everyone out there has a gun. We used them for hunting, and protection. I highly doubt you could goto any farm out there was not armed. We took guns as seriously then as we do now and TRAINED people how to use them in hunter safety classes and hands on training. Going to school, I would have to guess that there where at least 50 if not a lot more guns of all types sitting in the parking lot at any given time. Hell, I had 3 in mine. My 20 gauge pump, a 10/22 ruger rifle, and a 12 gauge semi auto. Each gun had a purpose and was use regularly. I personally was never big on hand guns, since they didn't have any real use in hunting etc, but I do have many friends who use them at ranges and such for target practice. Don't be fooled by the guns aren't dangerous people are crap... even in the hands of someone trained to use them, they can still be deadly. I took a 22 in the leg while target shooting with friends (bounced off something) have no idea what really as we where shooting off the top of a wooden fence... Still have the perfect round scar. Could have been much worse though. Today, I stay away from guns for the most part. I still own 3, but they have not been out of their cases in over 20 years. (plus they are stored at my fathers some 1100 miles away). That said, I still plan on getting a new shotgun soon, since I'm moving out to country again and don't want to be out there without some sort of protection if I needed it. The last thing I want is for some fucking meth heads showing up at my front door in the middle of the night without having something to defend myself with. (Course the fact that I have 2 great danes and a coon/dane mix and 2 more Danes on the way, should in theory keep just about any unwelcome person at bay.) My Brindle male is 190 pound of pure muscle and very protective of his yard and I know a lot of people that talk big about guns that would think twice about having HIM go off... :)

RawAlex
07-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Gergo, I don't think anyone is denying people the right to have rifles for hunting or similar. You pick it correctly, the issue wasn't that at all, rather the carrying of handguns into the inner city (in this case Washington) where the murder rate is just insane.

One of the biggest mistakes that responsible people make is assuming that everyone else is responsible. It just isn't the case, please consider the number of children that die at the hands of their parents each year for stupid things like leaving them in a hot car or not being bothered to properly take care of them. With the number of "meth heads", gang members, and just generally out of control or irresponsible people, it is amazing only that more people don't get killed with handguns every year.

You cannot (reliably) use a handgun for hunting anything except humans. They have little reason to exist, and controlling the flow of handguns while not limiting the generic (apparent) right to bear arms should be maintained. After all, if the government can limit things like automatic machine guns or similar, why is it such a big jump to limit handguns?

My thought is the governments should pass a law that says "you have the right to bear arms, but all handguns must be bright pink in color, and must have a loud beeper that goes off every 5 seconds so other people can spot your weapon more easily". Suddenly guns wouldn't be cool.

Hell Puppy
07-06-2008, 06:48 PM
This is why I only do these threads once a year.

EmporerEJ
07-07-2008, 02:53 AM

Don't get too tightly wound up Danny...I was making a symbolic point to an asshole.

And, it of course, sent him spinning.
It's just no fun anymore,.....he's too predictable.

softball
07-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Don't get too tightly wound up Danny...I was making a symbolic point to an asshole.

And, it of course, sent him spinning.
It's just no fun anymore,.....he's too predictable.
You weren't making a symbolic point. You have just been handed an education.....on a porn board or all places. Emp, that is pathetic. You should try reading "books" ( things with a whole bunch of paper stuck together with "words" on each piece). Inside these "books" is information on the rest of the world. No Wal Mart commercials(sorry) and you might learn something about your neighbours, the forty or so countires that are North America.
As well their is information on exotic places like "Europe" and "Asia"....places where you might feel uncomfortable as in most you won't be able to pack your "piece" and feel safe like down in the holler there.

ali25extreme
07-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Is this for carry?
yes it is for personal carry!

softball
07-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey Emp. I have a suggestion. Why don't you do what most bald old men do....get a vette. You get more chicks (you remember them don't you?) than playing Dirty Harry and flashing your pea shooter.