PDA

View Full Version : So who is going to the August show?

Forest
06-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Im kind of on the fence about it and the show is in my back yard literally. I live 5 miles from the venue but these shows have ZERO impact on my business in general.

I dont party so there is no interest there but I may have to pick up gonzo for our traditional egg white and spinach/feta cheese omelets LOL ;)

so who is going to be in town. even if I dont do the show maybe we should do a dinner one night

Toby
06-19-2008, 12:55 PM
I won't be at Internext, too fuckin' expensive, but I'll be at the Atlanta Forum in Sept. I can't pass up the opportunity to meet the rest of the Atlanta peeps that I haven't met at other shows.

deviant
06-19-2008, 12:56 PM
What show is it, where is it?

Forest
06-19-2008, 12:58 PM
What show is it, where is it?

your kidding right?

ali25extreme
06-19-2008, 01:01 PM
August 7th show? or something else? my birthday is the 6th so i hope to be somewhere fun!

Forest
06-19-2008, 01:03 PM
August 7th show? or something else? my birthday is the 6th so i hope to be somewhere fun!

I knew I liked you for a reason

mine is the 3rd ;)

I can think of a few places that are a lot more fun then internext

ali25extreme
06-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Im kind of on the fence about it and the show is in my back yard literally. I live 5 miles from the venue but these shows have ZERO impact on my business in general.

I dont party so there is no interest there but I may have to pick up gonzo for our traditional egg white and spinach/feta cheese omelets LOL ;)

so who is going to be in town. even if I dont do the show maybe we should do a dinner one night

I am most likely going!!

miz_wright
06-19-2008, 01:31 PM
It's currently on my schedule, since Lez Zeppelin isn't cool enough to get you onto a farm... :P

gonzo
06-19-2008, 01:36 PM

Ill know better next month. In all likelyhood...yes.

Forest
06-19-2008, 01:37 PM
It's currently on my schedule, since Lez Zeppelin isn't cool enough to get you onto a farm... :P

Well if you leave the old man at home maybe we can have some fun ;)))))))))))))

deviant
06-19-2008, 01:40 PM
your kidding right?

I'm new all of this, I just started building affiliate sites as a hobby.

Forest
06-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm new all of this, I just started building affiliate sites as a hobby.

ahh ok. sorry

Internext in Hollywood florida.

Hammer
06-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Well of course the reps are going, they don't have to pay.

I'm with you Forest. I've been to the Hollywood Internext for 6 years in a row now and I always enjoy hanging with friends but the seminars suck unless you're a newbie and like you, I'm not into the parties and don't need to go to a show to generate business, so even though it's only a 3.5 hour drive I'm leaning towards not going this year. Paying $300 for a ticket and $400 for a hotel room just to hang out with friends by they pool doesn't seem worth it to me these days. I'd rather hang out on the beach with my family for the weekend. Oh, and at $4 a gallon driving would cost almost as much as flying these days.

ali25extreme
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
I knew I liked you for a reason

mine is the 3rd ;)

I can think of a few places that are a lot more fun then internext

I dont get out much! so..you like me? :stroke::kiss::inlove: hehe
you should know that with leos it is either love or hate...

Forest
06-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Well of course the reps are going, they don't have to pay.

I'm with you Forest. I've been to the Hollywood Internext for 6 years in a row now and I always enjoy hanging with friends but the seminars suck unless you're a newbie and like you, I'm not into the parties. Even though it's only a 3.5 hour drive I'm leaning towards not going this year. Paying $300 for a ticket and $400 for a hotel room just to hang out with friends doesn't seem worth it to me these days.

I have people throwing passes at me. I have no room cost and Im STILL not interested in going.

I have been doing florida shows for 8 years! (holy crap have I been around that long)

rememeber the days when silvercash would rent out Solid Gold for internext. Ask aga sometime about the VIP room for the 200 show LOL one of the funniest memories of any show

Hammer
06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I've been going since the first show at the Westin. I love the hotel and the Splash bar but I live 45 minutes from the beach so the location isn't a draw, as it isn't for you. If I had a free ticket and didn't have to pay for a room I'd go for sure though.

ali25extreme
06-19-2008, 02:05 PM
i will take free tickets too

Forest
06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
i will take free tickets too

whats it worth to you

;)

Jim_Gunn
06-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I live in Hollywood, FL, I go every year, always get some business from every trade show.

Forest
06-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I live in Hollywood, FL, I go every year, always get some business from every trade show.

havent run into you at Publix lately

how have u been?

Forest
06-19-2008, 03:51 PM
I dont get out much! so..you like me? :stroke::kiss::inlove: hehe
you should know that with leos it is either love or hate...

I have dated several leos over the years. Pretty intense if I do say so

gonzo
06-19-2008, 03:54 PM
She doesnt have a convertable Mercedes though.

Forest
06-19-2008, 04:29 PM
She doesnt have a convertable Mercedes though.

I dont think mary was a leo. but then again we never got close enough for me to care what her birthday was LOL ;)

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mary34D

gonzo
06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I dont think mary was a leo. but then again we never got close enough for me to care what her birthday was LOL ;)

I sense some pictures coming to the album.

TheEnforcer
06-19-2008, 05:46 PM
I won't be at Internext, too fuckin' expensive, but I'll be at the Atlanta Forum in Sept. I can't pass up the opportunity to meet the rest of the Atlanta peeps that I haven't met at other shows.

You can do the show much cheaper. Jut stay at the Hollywood Beach Resort about a half milt to a mile own the road. That's what I;ve done the lat two years. The romms may not be as fancy but you have your own fridge and tove.

TheEnforcer
06-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Whoa.. anyone else like Ali's pic as much a I do? LOL That's hot!!

Hell Puppy
06-19-2008, 07:39 PM
I dont do Miami in August.

tony404
06-19-2008, 08:19 PM
No going too much just to socialize, we will be at the atlanta show.:) Looked at the schedule looks like fun but too many open bars in my opinion. lol

bluemoney
06-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll be at the Atlanta Forum.

RawAlex
06-20-2008, 12:30 AM

Tee-hee snicker... I still remember getting flashed by her at that strip club... funny stuff.

ali25extreme
06-20-2008, 10:16 AM
whats it worth to you

;)
not that much..kisses

ali25extreme
06-20-2008, 10:19 AM

intense yes, but long lasting? nope...

Hammer
06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I stayed at the Hollywood Beach Resort last year out of necessity because I waited too long to decide to go and couldn't get a room at the Westin. Fortunately I had my car with me but anyone else would have to factor in the cost of a cab back and forth at least once a day and probably more if they needed to change to go out at night, plus the hassle of shuttling back and forth in a cab, plus the fact that the HBR is old and dirty and it's cheap for a reason. Oh, and since I drove I didn't have to pay for a cab but I did have to pay for parking in addition to the hotel cost and pay a parking valet a tip 4 times a day.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it for the few dollars you end up saving I don't think it's worth the hassle. I like to be able to go up and down to my room anytime I want to take a shower, change, take a nap, catch up on my email, etc.

LAJ
06-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Of all the shows I attend all year, if I had to whittle it down to 1 (Other than my own, Cybernet Expo), it would be summer Internext in Hollywood Florida. That show is everything to me. I always get my ROI back, I always moderate a seminar, I always have a friggen blast and I always get a little fun in the sun there.

TheEnforcer
06-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I stayed at the Hollywood Beach Resort last year out of necessity because I waited too long to decide to go and couldn't get a room at the Westin. Fortunately I had my car with me but anyone else would have to factor in the cost of a cab back and forth at least once a day and probably more if they needed to change to go out at night, plus the hassle of shuttling back and forth in a cab, plus the fact that the HBR is old and dirty and it's cheap for a reason. Oh, and since I drove I didn't have to pay for a cab but I did have to pay for parking in addition to the hotel cost and pay a parking valet a tip 4 times a day.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it for the few dollars you end up saving I don't think it's worth the hassle. I like to be able to go up and down to my room anytime I want to take a shower, change, take a nap, catch up on my email, etc.

I totally disagree with you and as far as going back and forth all you have to do is get a cab back as they had zero problems using their shuttle to take me to the Westin or anywhere else within reason. They have a great staff there. Theyr emembered me from the eyar before and took very good care of me. I couln't disgaree more. The rooms aren't perfect but they aren't horrible either.

Hammer
06-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I totally disagree with you and as far as going back and forth all you have to do is get a cab back as they had zero problems using their shuttle to take me to the Westin or anywhere else within reason. They have a great staff there. Theyr emembered me from the eyar before and took very good care of me. I couln't disgaree more. The rooms aren't perfect but they aren't horrible either.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

Gerco
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Still on the fence about going myself. Last year was ok, the actual show was pretty much dead. I enjoy running into people and catching up, but like most, the show mean nothing to my site. I'm moving to the Chattanooga Tenn. Area next month, and since I'm going to be so close, I might hit the Atlanta show for the first time just to check it out.

bluemoney
06-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm moving to the Chattanooga Tenn.
Birth place of yours truly, great town. I lived on Lookout Mt. for about 8 years as a kid.

Toby
06-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I've got to agree with Hammer on this. Hey, it was bound to happen eventually. :)

If I'm going to the expense of airfare, show badge, etc. then I'm going to stay at the Westin.

The rooms aren't the only thing that's expensive about that venue. There are very limited options for cheap food anywhere close. I don't mind paying top dollar for dinner at a nice restaurant, but the restaurants at the Westin are way over priced for the quality of the fare and I eat at least two other meals per day besides dinner.

The price of mixed drinks is a bit out of line too. $14 for a Long Island that were smaller and not as good as the ones I just had in the hotel lounge in SF for half that.

TheEnforcer
06-20-2008, 07:53 PM

Yup. But I'm right and you're wrong. :nyanya:

LOL

LAJ
06-21-2008, 12:45 AM
The price of mixed drinks is a bit out of line too. $14 for a Long Island that were smaller and not as good as the ones I just had in the hotel lounge in SF for half that.

Dude... real simple way to solve that problem. Bring a couple bottles with you and keep them in your hotel room. Everytime you feel like a drink go to your room and make one, then head back downstairs. The walk is good exercise, you'll see people along the way, and if you are like me (a lush), you'll save hundreds of dollars.

Forest
06-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Dude... real simple way to solve that problem. Bring a couple bottles with you and keep them in your hotel room. Everytime you feel like a drink go to your room and make one, then head back downstairs. The walk is good exercise, you'll see people along the way, and if you are like me (a lush), you'll save hundreds of dollars.

Or be like me and quit drinking and really save yourself a ton of money LOL ;)

TheEnforcer
06-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I've got to agree with Hammer on this. Hey, it was bound to happen eventually. :)

If I'm going to the expense of airfare, show badge, etc. then I'm going to stay at the Westin.

The rooms aren't the only thing that's expensive about that venue. There are very limited options for cheap food anywhere close. I don't mind paying top dollar for dinner at a nice restaurant, but the restaurants at the Westin are way over priced for the quality of the fare and I eat at least two other meals per day besides dinner.

How hard s it to walk a couple blocks and get a great slice of pizza or spaghetti at the restaurant right by the Westin? Seriously. It's not hard to do things for a much lower price if you want to and still ahve a great time.

TheEnforcer
06-21-2008, 11:46 AM

That's what I did and I'm from Wisconsin!!! :blink: :huh: :o We're all a bunch of drunks here. LOL

RawAlex
06-21-2008, 11:57 AM
it also isn't all that far to hop a taxi to any number of decent places to eat, from cheap stuff to the best stuff... "downtown hollywood" has more than a couple of very reasonable places to eat, plus you can do things like pick up a case of water and such to make your stay much more economical.

If you are a lush, make sure to hit the open bar parties and tank up at those, then cruise between events. ;)

LAJ
06-21-2008, 06:12 PM

I'm sorry sir but that is just unacceptable to me!!

Jim_Gunn
06-22-2008, 02:10 PM
havent run into you at Publix lately

how have u been?

Good, busy working here, and still shopping at Publix. :-)

Hammer
06-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Toby, there are two excellent restaurants directly across the street. One is a fusion place with very good food and sushi, steaks, etc. and a spots bar with some excellent food and both are far more reasonable than the hotel restaurants. Forest and I put away some sushi last year and Gonzo, The Enforcer, Bishop, and I had a very good time at the sports bar.

TheEnforcer
06-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Toby, there are two excellent restaurants directly across the street. One is a fusion place with very good food and sushi, steaks, etc. and a spots bar with some excellent food and both are far more reasonable than the hotel restaurants. Forest and I put away some sushi last year and Gonzo, The Enforcer, Bishop, and I had a very good time at the sports bar.

Yup, that was a good dinner at a reasonable price with good conversation. :okthumb:

gonzo
06-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Yup, that was a good dinner at a reasonable price with good conversation. :okthumb:
Mmmmm calamari and fried lemon slices.

gonzo
06-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Hammer and Enforcer it was great having you there. You may never know why that meal was a milestone and a landmark,

Heres to more $10 Bishop beers!

Hammer
06-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Hammer and Enforcer it was great having you there. You may never know why that meal was a milestone and a landmark,
I already know. It was the day you decided not to go through with the sex change operation and change your name to Buck Gonzo.

gonzo
06-23-2008, 11:32 AM
I already know. It was the day you decided not to go through with the sex change operation and change your name to Buck Gonzo.
Jay talked me out of getting a cowboy hat and walking around Cybernet as Max GonZo

TheEnforcer
06-23-2008, 11:44 AM

Well, some people eat crazy food. :barfon:

Stick with the real food there and you can't go wrong.

Hammer
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Jay talked me out of getting a cowboy hat and walking around Cybernet as Max GonZo
I guess you'll have to save it for Internext.

Hammer
06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Well, some people eat crazy food. :barfon:

Stick with the real food there and you can't go wrong.
Just curious, but do you eat pork? If so, that is one crazy looking animal and pigs will eat almost anything and are one of the few that eat human flesh.

Delicious though, just like calamari.

gonzo
06-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Just curious, but do you eat pork? If so, that is one crazy looking animal and pigs will eat almost anything and are one of the few that eat human flesh.

Hes mad he missed the shark tank at the aquarium in Dan Fransisco.

TheEnforcer
06-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Pigs may be funny looking but they sure do taste good!! :okthumb:

I just can't stand the tate of anything that comes out of the water whetehr it be salt or fesh water. Jut tastes nasty to me.

Forest
06-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I just can't stand the tate of anything that comes out of the water whetehr it be salt or fesh water. Jut tastes nasty to me.

not even shark???? LOL ;)

on that note Im going tomorrow to swim with a whale

http://www.marinemammalconservancy.org/rescue_and_rehab_strandings_beaked_whale.htm

they rescued a beached whale in the keys and need volunteers to help it swim as its very week. Verry cool. This is a very rare species to man and little is known about them

DannyCox
06-23-2008, 04:40 PM

It's even better raw, or lightly steamed!

TheEnforcer
06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
LOL

No, not even sharks guys.

Hammer
06-24-2008, 10:30 AM
No shrimp or lobster either?