PDA

View Full Version : safe liquids to use for 'pink eye' video?

cheeky_chappie
06-03-2008, 02:08 PM
hi guys

any help on this, appreciate i've just joined but post is genuine, or is it just a 'no no' i.e. too risky?

gonzo
06-03-2008, 03:03 PM
hi guys

any help on this, appreciate i've just joined but post is genuine, or is it just a 'no no' i.e. too risky?
I think your orignal message got hosed. Can you repost?

cheeky_chappie
06-03-2008, 03:47 PM
sure no worries. i'm going to be shooting a (i hope this is the right term!!) pink eye video i.e. models eyes are intentionally open when various (safe) liquids are dripped into them, causing a kind of film over eyes even when model opens and closes eyelids.

i've seen this theme before years ago but the liquid was evidently supposed to be you know what :unsure: however i hope to use 4 or 5 everyday liquids that are obviously just what they are e.g. tomato sauce.

can you advise any liquids i should definitely steer clear of? although the end goal is to have bloodshot eyes this obviously has to be achieved safely. i suppose even something that might seem safe enough might not be suitable for dripping into someones eyes!!

advice welcome :wnw:

Jace
06-03-2008, 04:20 PM
i hear LSD is safe, but probably not what you are looking for

RawAlex
06-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Umm, I would consult a doctor.

Hammer
06-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Too bizarre for me to even try to comprehend but why in the heck would you ask for advice like this from a bunch of idiot adult webmasters. What do we know about it? Like Alex said, consult a physician or scientist. I can only imagine the liabilities involved though.

softball
06-03-2008, 08:56 PM
There was a real pink eye scare around here. Damn COHF.....lol They pay extra for a girl to keep her eyes open. I lost two days shooting because of that.

DannyCox
06-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Smoke lots of weed. Always gets my eyes a nice shade of pink!

gonzo
06-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Im not sure what shes trying to accomplish with bloodshot eyes but I cant think of a safe solution to achieve this effect.

maybe a professional level costume store?

Or maybe dragon king has some blood shot eyes solution to go with his vampire fang store?

softball
06-04-2008, 08:58 AM
prosthetic contacts

ali25extreme
06-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Have you tried chlorine? It is not a total damage but you should get the results you need..from a pool after it has been shocked would work best1:hic:or getting plum drunk and smoke some pot before hand!:scratchin

cheeky_chappie
06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
thanks for comments guys and girls (i think :unsure:) tbh i'm relatively new to the world of video, mostly been stills to date. this is for a private collector and the model is well aware of what's required and is happy, however i'm not happy to proceed unless i know the liquids are as safe as possible.

i was thinking maybe some foodstuffs would be safer than man made liquids e.g. cream ??

Hammer
06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Try food coloring, although I don't know how long it will last once it hits the eye's fluid.

There's always eyeball tattooing.

gonzo
06-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Private collectors are usually nuts with their requirements. But if you can get htem to pay then good luck!

cheeky_chappie
06-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Private collectors are usually nuts with their requirements. But if you can get htem to pay then good luck!

don't think there'll be a prob getting paid, i know the guy, he's basically housebound otherwise he says he'd shoot these himself :blink: yeah the requirements are pretty extreme but if i know things are safe enough for the model i'm happy enough to go ahead, things like food colouring (suggested above) might be ideal, it has to be 'real' so no faking allowed having said that i need to find the safest way to achieve the bloodshot eyes :unsure: