PDA

View Full Version : I am stoked....

softball
05-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Going back to San Francisco. Meeting a bunch of avatars. Life is good.

gonzo
06-01-2008, 06:50 PM
We are laying down the final itnerary.

So far I get in to the airport about noon on the 10th.

Tentativly we are considering The Skinking Rose one night for dinner, alcatraz tour, Mitchell Brothers excursion.

Open to suggestions. Trying to keep this trip full of networking and business.

sarettah
06-01-2008, 07:34 PM
We are laying down the final itnerary.

So far I get in to the airport about noon on the 10th.

Tentativly we are considering The Skinking Rose one night for dinner, alcatraz tour, Mitchell Brothers excursion.

Open to suggestions. Trying to keep this trip full of networking and business.

You got to do the wander through and munch out in Chinatown.

gonzo
06-01-2008, 07:38 PM
You got to do the wander through and munch out in Chinatown.
Just hung up with Darci. We will be attending the panel shes on for Web 2.0. Chinatown should be interesting.

Hammer
06-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf are both must sees if you like to eat. I don't recommend Chinatown at night though. Unless you're Chinese and have lots of tattoos.

Buckwheat
06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I love Frisco! I remember one time I was there with Jay Silverheels ( Tonto from The Lone Ranger TV Show) back in 1957.

We were having dinner at some Chinese place, Pow Fuchs or something like that. Anyway we were discussing who had more “Spiritual, Commune with nature, Mojo bullshit”, American Indians or Chinese.

Things were cool until Jay got tanked on “fire water” and started pulling his eyes back and making “buck tooth” with his mouth shouting shit like, “ming dong ying yow”

Needless to say we were asked to leave. But damn I love Frisco and that Sour Dough bread!

softball
06-01-2008, 09:32 PM
“ming dong ying yow”
Holy crap who would have thought that Tonto could quote Shakespeare...in Cantonese, no less. Not bad for a Gwai Low. Now that is impressive.

EmporerEJ
06-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Just hung up with Darci. We will be attending the panel shes on for Web 2.0. Chinatown should be interesting.

Loved China Town.
Cool furniture shops, obviously aimed at the tourist trade.
Was there for the Martin Sargent Show.

Hammer
06-02-2008, 09:03 AM
I love Frisco! I remember one time I was there with Jay Silverheels ( Tonto from The Lone Ranger TV Show) back in 1957.

We were having dinner at some Chinese place, Pow Fuchs or something like that. Anyway we were discussing who had more “Spiritual, Commune with nature, Mojo bullshit”, American Indians or Chinese.

Things were cool until Jay got tanked on “fire water” and started pulling his eyes back and making “buck tooth” with his mouth shouting shit like, “ming dong ying yow”

Needless to say we were asked to leave. But damn I love Frisco and that Sour Dough bread!
Who would have suspected that Buckwheat could write a perfectly worded and punctuated post? mmmmmTay? :whistling

softball
06-02-2008, 10:28 AM
I live in Hong Couver. I think I could give Chinatown a miss.