PDA

View Full Version : Smokers

helix
05-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Please....quit while you can...I just buried my dad this week. Emphysema and COPD is a horrible way to die. He was only 77 years old, and gasping for breath to the very end. It was really painful to standby and watch not able to do anything to help except request they dope him to the max to help him pass.

sad and avoidable

Nymph
05-22-2008, 05:35 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad sweetie. If you need anything, or just want to talk, you know where to find me.

My prayers and thought are with you and the family.

Forest
05-22-2008, 06:52 AM
i quit 2 months ago.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

VooMan
05-22-2008, 10:14 AM
I am very sorry to hear that Helix. My thoughts go out to you and your father. :(

I quit a year and a half ago after reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. I was a very committed smoker, but this book really made me want to quit. For anyone who is thinking about quitting, read the book. Don't skim it, get engrossed and let it brainwash you. It's a bit silly at times but the results are worth it. It was the easiest thing I have ever done. No withdrawl, no nothing...

gonzo
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I am very sorry to hear that Helix. My thoughts go out to you and your father. :(

I quit a year and a half ago after reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. I was a very committed smoker, but this book really made me want to quit. For anyone who is thinking about quitting, read the book. Don't skim it, get engrossed and let it brainwash you. It's a bit silly at times but the results are worth it. It was the easiest thing I have ever done. No withdrawl, no nothing...

We need an Italian feast night again!
Gald to see not only that you kicked it but that it was easy for you.

ali25extreme
05-22-2008, 10:40 AM
So sorry sweetie!

bluemoney
05-22-2008, 11:41 AM
We need an Italian feast night again!

Bambinelli's?

I quite a year ago cold turkey. Maybe puff as a social smoker every blue moon if I'm sippin whiskey.

Sorry about you Dad helix

helix
05-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, and congratulations to those of you that have quit smoking. :)