PDA

View Full Version : Cam equipement question

MRock
05-20-2008, 11:20 PM
I am trying to find a certain type of stand for my camcorders. Has anyone ever heard of a gooseneck cam stand? Ideally, it would be straight (adjustable) like a microphone stand, then have a gooseneck attachement on top. Went to a camera store here in town and they did not have one or heard of one. They gave me a brochure for a company called "photekusa", but the website on the brochure is down. lmao Any help or links would be appreciated.

softball
05-20-2008, 11:33 PM
I am trying to find a certain type of stand for my camcorders. Has anyone ever heard of a gooseneck cam stand? Ideally, it would be straight (adjustable) like a microphone stand, then have a gooseneck attachement on top. Went to a camera store here in town and they did not have one or heard of one. They gave me a brochure for a company called "photekusa", but the website on the brochure is down. lmao Any help or links would be appreciated.

Lets work backwards. What are you trying to accomplish?

MRock
05-20-2008, 11:54 PM
I am trying to find a stand that uses space like a microphone stand with a weighted bottom, no tripod legs sticking out everywhere, with a gooseneck on top to attach the camera. The gooseneck part is to make it easy for quick close range angle changes. I want to use 3 of these for shoots, at different placements on the set. The footage to be edited in a non-linear video program. I realize I may have to build it myself, just thought i might ask so I didn't re-invent the wheel ...

softball
05-21-2008, 12:40 AM
I am trying to find a stand that uses space like a microphone stand with a weighted bottom, no tripod legs sticking out everywhere, with a gooseneck on top to attach the camera. The gooseneck part is to make it easy for quick close range angle changes. I want to use 3 of these for shoots, at different placements on the set. The footage to be edited in a non-linear video program. I realize I may have to build it myself, just thought i might ask so I didn't re-invent the wheel ...
Maybe I am being too obvious, but why don't you just get a little video head and mount it on a goose neck mic stand? A little Manfrotto type head.

MRock
05-21-2008, 01:45 AM
Maybe I am being too obvious, but why don't you just get a little video head and mount it on a goose neck mic stand? A little Manfrotto type head.

probably what I'll do :okthumb: Just thought someone might have it already packaged together.

softball
05-21-2008, 01:57 AM
probably what I'll do :okthumb: Just thought someone might have it already packaged together.

My reservation with that, is the stability of the goose neck. I have never seen anyone mount a camera on a goose neck before. There are so many clamps, super poles, tripods with jib arms, and any number of gaffer solutions that would give you a more stable platform. I am sure you have a good application, but I would gaffer tape a camera to a mic stand on that goose neck and try it out first.

Rcourt64
05-21-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm not really understanding what your trying to do?
and I've never heard of these goose neck tripod.:scratchin
its a good idea thought :)

I use these, There all remote controlled to pan and tilt through out the room, this way the performers can do they're own zooming, pan or tilt as requested by customers.
It probably can be tweeked to stick on the head of most surfaces. "if ya know what your doing, without breaking it"
http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/images/canon_powerpod.gif

http://www.trackercam.com/

Hammer
05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Holy Shit! Rcourt actually can write a constructive post. Who'd a thunk it?

MRock
05-21-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm not really understanding what your trying to do?
and I've never heard of these goose neck tripod.:scratchin
its a good idea thought :)

I use these, There all remote controlled to pan and tilt through out the room, this way the performers can do they're own zooming, pan or tilt as requested by customers.
It probably can be tweeked to stick on the head of most surfaces. "if ya know what your doing, without breaking it"
http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/images/canon_powerpod.gif

http://www.trackercam.com/

Good suggestion, I had forgotten about those things. I'll have to take another look.

The goosenecks come in diffrent grades and widths. I figured I would need a larger one than usual for a camcorder to stay in place.

Rcourt64
05-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Holy Shit! Rcourt actually can write a constructive post. Who'd a thunk it?

Shut your geeky webmaster trap, and get back to pimping my bitches on cam, Don't you have some traffic to buy or something. :hmm:

Hammer
05-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Shut your geeky webmaster trap, and get back to pimping my bitches on cam, Don't you have some traffic to buy or something. :hmm:
Is that seriously the best one you could come up with? I'm disappointed and after I gave you a compliment too.